• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NOS users

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
It seems that if a lack of breath at altitude is a problem that can plague the snowbike then a small NOS system would be the perfect pairing to restore the missing O2 and let the bike produce the same power it does at sea levels to me.
Seems lots cheaper and safer than a turbo to me also.

Do snow bikes using NOS need to run bottle warmers? I would assume so, and this may be one reason against the idea if the bikes can't run a bottle warmer off stock stator.

I have a pretty powerful stator in my bike so I'm considering this if I need more hp at altitudes.

It seems that if a lack of breath at altitude is a problem that can plague the snowbike then a small NOS system would be the perfect pairing to restore the missing O2 and let the bike produce the same power it does at sea levels to me.
Seems lots cheaper and safer than a turbo to me also.

Do snow bikes using NOS need to run bottle warmers? I would assume so, and this may be one reason against the idea if the bikes can't run a bottle warmer off stock stator.

I have a pretty powerful stator in my bike so I'm considering this if I need more hp at altitudes.

While having a consistent temperature in a nitrous bottle would be nice, I haven't found that a bottle warmer was necessary on my RMZ450 (mainly since our little stators don't have the output like your bike does!). I've poured through several bottles this season and delivery has always been spot on for the extra power when I've wanted it. :face-icon-small-coo There have been a few climbs this season that only had one exit path up through a steep, tight, rocky face. After getting stuck the first time, I'll drop back in to the bottom, click up an extra gear on approach, and hold the button flying over the top with the ski in the air.

Even guys with high HP drag race cars running stages of nitrous and bottle warmers will have to deal with decreasing temps of the bottle while spraying on a hot summer day. When they start their pass, the bottle temp might be 87* containing 950PSI of bottle pressure, but by the time they've completed their pass, the pressure has fallen to 600PSI all because the bottle supercools itself while on the button (we can thank thermodynamics for that).

So, in the end, I just run a "cold bottle". The Power Commander V monitors what the current condition of the bottle is, and injects more extra fuel when the bottle is warm/higher pressure, and less extra fuel when it gets cold/lower pressure. Pretty sweet and foolproof setup! Attached are images of the bottle and the manifold setup. I wanted a stealthy, black hidden bottle with the valve facing downward (no siphon tube needed) so nobody even knew that I had it :face-icon-small-win .... until I passed them while they're stuck.

You can upsize the jet size in a dry kit to get back to what a true 20HP shot is during "hot bottle" use, but if that HP addition has dropped to a +14HP due to falling pressure - I've been plenty happy with that amount getting me back to the safe sea level power you mention.

~T.J.

DSC03441.jpg DSC03451.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features