• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OFFICAL 2017 Polaris Reveal, Photos and Specs

smoking_powerstroke

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2007
North Dakota
No many cheers to poo here for 17. Don't think I've seen one poster saying they are going to upgrade their 16 to a 17.

If poo builds a lot of RMKs and stuffs them into their dealers, which I bet they will, there's going to be some smoking deals on 17 RMK's come January of 2017.

Doo's 850 will have some peeps wait until it hits the snow next year, especially if there are some great spring ride reports out there on the new chassis. This will only increase the rebates and availability of RMKs early next year.

Doesn't matter what yamacat does, it's not really relevant unless you're riding one now. No one is switching to cat, even if they come out with a new chassis, they can only try to hold on to current M owners. We all know you never buy a first year cat.

someone has been drinking skidoo's kool-aid

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Wow, Polaris marketing must be filled with a bunch of short track knuckle heads.

Note to Polaris: Let's see if you can get this right for next year. There are 20 people that will snowcheck an RMK 174 this season. Meanwhile, there are about 20,000 people waiting to snowcheck a 144 SKS with coil over rear suspension. The new SBA is an embarrassment. Do you want to generate income, or what? Also, could you please get rid of the wide *** a-arms!? Just fire your trail rider guy that thinks 41" a-arms are the way to go on any sled that could potentially go off trail. Please at least offer a 36" option for next year and then you'll discover that everyone will want to go that direction.

Well, that's enough ranting from me. They still have a superior sled to Doo, but definitely have room to improve...

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I guarantee you that if they got rid of the SBA and replaced it with the SKS in a 144/146 length, it would be the exact same sled as the new SBA.

Completely different sleds. The SKS is in the full "Raised" AXYS Chassis like the RMK. So if they offered that in a 144/146 it would be the same as the 155 version just shorter. This is more of an off trail sled (think RMK with extra cooling).

The new SBA is in the new lowered AXYS 144 chassis giving it a different rear skid, different skis, spindals, different bar set-up and controls. This is more of a trail version sled (think trail RMK).

IMO Polaris needs both in the lineup as they have different intentions for the sleds.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Wow, Polaris marketing must be filled with a bunch of short track knuckle heads.

Note to Polaris: Let's see if you can get this right for next year. There are 20 people that will snowcheck an RMK 174 this season. Meanwhile, there are about 20,000 people waiting to snowcheck a 144 SKS with coil over rear suspension. The new SBA is an embarrassment. Do you want to generate income, or what? Also, could you please get rid of the wide *** a-arms!? Just fire your trail rider guy that thinks 41" a-arms are the way to go on any sled that could potentially go off trail. Please at least offer a 36" option for next year and then you'll discover that everyone will want to go that direction.

Well, that's enough ranting from me. They still have a superior sled to Doo, but definitely have room to improve...

They need both versions as the switchback assault is one of the most popular sled in Polaris lineup with the "trail" front end. The new SBA is going to be a nice upgrade from the pro-ride version. But they missed the mark on not having a 144 SKS.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
anybody else having trouble with the polaris snow check site?
it is not allowing me to select any color options like it was last night. it is also charging for items that were included in the price last night??

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
2018?

How bout a 144/146 Pro RMK. Belt drive, clickers, 2.6 track, RMK rails (attack angle). That's what I want. That would be close to sub-400 I would think too. New 600 motor would be nice as well. Can Polaris not get passed EPA restrictions to put their 600 race motor in commercial production?

P
Jan 15, 2014
Did I just miss it, or what?

Why are the big name riders so quit this year? I can't seem to find anything from any of those riding for the brand- good or pretend.

Also, I'm guessing you need to snowcheck one to get powder coated tunnel and such, nothing in season??

N
Nov 3, 2008
Mass
How bout a 144/146 Pro RMK. Belt drive, clickers, 2.6 track, RMK rails (attack angle). That's what I want. That would be close to sub-400 I would think too. New 600 motor would be nice as well. Can Polaris not get passed EPA restrictions to put their 600 race motor in commercial production?

NO orange 144" sks or rmk assault????

SKIDOO HERE I COME!!!

was waiting for that sled to arrive from poo...WTF

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I think You can build it.
The site is tricky but keep playing with it.
Although the site is down this morning:face-icon-small-dis

You can built it but not in the Titanium LE color.

Which isn't a deal breaker, but I do like that titanium color.

Khaotic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
They need both versions as the switchback assault is one of the most popular sled in Polaris lineup with the "trail" front end. The new SBA is going to be a nice upgrade from the pro-ride version. But they missed the mark on not having a 144 SKS.

I agree 110% - I want to snowcheck two 144 SKS's...

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
I think 36" a arms and a 3" belt should have been available. Wish i could upgrade. Would love the all red 163x3". Could easily add alt impact arms and a tki to it.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Lots of info in one thread.....good work Christopher!!!:face-icon-small-hap
I agree.
Now here is a Cat guy with positive feedback. Seems that there are some disappointed Polaris people here. I currently have a 2014 Pro RMK so I like what I see. Polaris didn't get to be #1 by accident.:first::usa2:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Completely different sleds. The SKS is in the full "Raised" AXYS Chassis like the RMK. So if they offered that in a 144/146 it would be the same as the 155 version just shorter. This is more of an off trail sled (think RMK with extra cooling).

The new SBA is in the new lowered AXYS 144 chassis giving it a different rear skid, different skis, spindals, different bar set-up and controls. This is more of a trail version sled (think trail RMK).

IMO Polaris needs both in the lineup as they have different intentions for the sleds.
Some of the other big downfalls IMO of the SBA are the deep tunnel, wide running boards, wide footwells/overstructure, wider belly pan, and different seat and tank. I am fully with you though- as I've mentioned in numberous places. There is a need for 144/146x2.6 RMK/SKS that is identical to the 155 versions only shorter. Belt drive AND front cooler please :face-icon-small-coo

As said I think they really missed the mark by doing a 174 and not a purpose built mountain 144. There is a big market for the 140 something mountain sled in AK, the midwest, the east, europe, and even in the west. There will be a few flatlanders who buy 174s just to have the biggest sled and the remaining few will likely be sold to those who ride BC (which is a mostly dominated by doo anyway).

Premium Features