• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Come on Polaris, leak some 2017 photos

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Facebook is swarming with guys who are convinced that the 3.5 pitch is actually a 3.5" paddle. Pretty funny actually.

You can't fix stupid.

Looks like doo finally has a better primary design for the Summit. If you look deep at the motor tech, beyond the hp crap, the design is impressive. 4s and diesel inspired design. The bulkhead, tunnel, front end, certainly look Axys influenced. Time will tell if the centered motor is worth much.

With doo you get some incredible motor tech for a 2s without a big price penalty. Do you need it? You gotta accept the t-motion, torsion spring, and steering. Comes down to chassis choice, and likely how long you want to own the motor before you flip, or rebuild. If the doo take boost well, the longer-term investment in a blown sled just got better.

Someone has to ride one, first, too.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Actually kinda impressed that skidoo got so many things right......
Clutch
Cast bulkhead
Slightly skinnier.
Power / centered

They missed on the steering post.
The lines/looks.
Colors (so far)
Wide tunnel plus brake/chaincase (wide horse)
Tmotion / torsion spring

We'll see how the handling stacks up. That will be the deciding factor.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
My guess is new graphics... further refinements/tweaks to the ALL new platform that was released less than a year ago... maybe a big track...

Refining... that is what happens and has happened across ALL of the brands in the history of sledding every year.

Lets hope for a 163 SKS in snowcheck... with the cooler and the Needle shocks rather than the small-shaft look-alikes.

That Doo shares the same stroke and only 1mm smaller bore than the 900... recipe for a good straight-line gyro-tracking system IMO... regardless of throttle response from an improved injection system... that new Doo IS impressive though.

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
I am guessing some refinement on the build side of the Axys, BNG & maybe a 174.

Hopefully they update the Switchback Assault to the Axys chassis, that would be a home run sled for lots of people. Needs happen also to combat Ski Doo Freeride sales.

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
I've said before but I hope Polaris includes Klim jacket, bibs and boots or FXR included in sno-checks.

I'm sorry as this is probably going to piss you off, but I think this is the most stupid thing a sled manufacturer could do.

I understand maybe a merchandise credit, but why would they up the cost of every unit sold when MAYBE 2.3% of those consumers actually need new gear to ride?

That's like saying if you buy a new Chevy this year they'll throw in some packages of underwear....because OBVIOUSLY you need underwear to drive the new car:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-dis

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
I agree. Maybe a 20% discount on 509 gear (now that they own 509), or something to that effect, but why in the world would they include free gear? Like I said, as the end user, you are going to pay for it in price of the snowcheck...no such thing as free lunch

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Facebook is swarming with guys who are convinced that the 3.5 pitch is actually a 3.5" paddle. Pretty funny actually.

These are the same guys that go to revy, spin doughnuts all day on the flats or find a bowl and point and shoot all day, and take thier sleds to the dealer for everything.

B
Mar 8, 2011
leaked 2017 photos

back in 2008 when I sno-checked I got this. What is part of the sno-check cause it definitely wasn't free.

th.jpg

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
It would be neat to have a manufacturer sponsored deal on the gear with snow check...special 1-off pricing available for the brands under the Polaris umbrella. It is a nice advantage they hold...might as well get some mileage out of it.

IMO, the snowcheck program needs to be as attractive and special as possible. The vast amount of identical in-season sleds the manufacturers unload on the dealers is just dumb. Either make the snowcheck a huge focus, or make a few more options and colours for in season models.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Plus look at the attack angle looks pretty steep to me!!!

We were just talking about that the other day on the mountain. That was a BIG deal with marketing a decade ago.

With these new sleds...they don't have near the AOA of sleds 10 years ago. The ground clearance, tipping/balance points and center of gravity seems to be of MUCH more concern now days...and paneling out. LOL

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
I agree. Maybe a 20% discount on 509 gear (now that they own 509), or something to that effect, but why in the world would they include free gear? Like I said, as the end user, you are going to pay for it in price of the snowcheck...no such thing as free lunch

Didn't Polaris do something like this the last couple years? I thought they have some extra discount on accessories (granted not specific aftermarket brands)...? I would imagine it would have to be a Polaris branded item to qualify for a Polaris snowcheck discount. I say this because rarely have I seen cross brand discounts even if they're owned by the same company... It gets into how they're financially organized from what I understand

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I'm sorry as this is probably going to piss you off, but I think this is the most stupid thing a sled manufacturer could do.

I understand maybe a merchandise credit, but why would they up the cost of every unit sold when MAYBE 2.3% of those consumers actually need new gear to ride?

That's like saying if you buy a new Chevy this year they'll throw in some packages of underwear....because OBVIOUSLY you need underwear to drive the new car:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-dis

While I do agree, Polaris use to throw in a Polaris jacket during snowcheck......just saying.

Premium Features