• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker Turbo thread

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
N

nermal

lol idk but i just tested my tm1 today and it rocked untll i got it to hot because i never tested the waste gate and it was holding my boost i think and burnt the front of my pistions off so insted of getting new pistions i think im gonna put that D&D 1200 on it. dose anyone have a good cluch setup from 2500-6000ft for the bd turbo? The bd cluch kit fet good on the top but not a hole lot of take off power on the bottom.

Last edited:
P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
I cant believe the diffrence the the fuel maps between the 07 1000 and the 08 1000 the ecu's must be alot leaner on the 07

S
Nov 28, 2007
I had my tm7 on the snow at togetee last week for the first ride with the new air box and intercooler and v style oil tank had some luck tuning but not close yet. the big problem i had was the turbo coming up out of the oil tank about half way and not going all the way back in and then spraying oil around the whole side of the sled ( no breaks) I dont know why oil would come out unless there was psi going into the tank. any ideas?? also when i got to the trailer and took off the tank the lower front mount leg was broken off and had leaked almost all the oil out.It was welded on the inside of the tank and hard to see if it is not cracked. i need a new tank now or put on the old heavy one. Never had the problem last year with the other tank.

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
sparky the turbo will put pressure into the oil tank ,if its loose the turbo will bounce up and down, and if the turbo and the oil tank are on a bind it will just break stuff, you should probably go back to the old tank as I assume everything lines up with the pipe right the old air box and charge tube work better also I have been having trouble with the new orings blowing boost off at 11#s or so with the old one never did at 15#s if you grove your throtel bodies. so story short your new parts dont fit rightwith your old pipe alinement and that breaks stuff.
If you need help call me 801 668 6344 shain

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
I just finished a 07 m1000 I put the latest bd turbo on
the kit has a few new shinny parts in it when I pulled it out of the box I though cool .
welllllllllll. not so cool shiny parts look good but so far not one of the new shinny parts work this Insall should have took 8 hr still dont have the sled right I in to about 3 weeks it still dont work right my customer is gonna crap when he gets a bill for 120 hr plus when I told him 8 hr thanks bd.

Nov 27, 2007
calgary
I am getting close to the finish of my M8 BD install, what problems are you having, Fuel Reg, boost controler? I know that these pieces are new to the BD kit. It would be nice to have a heads up before i take it out for the first time.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I just finished a 07 m1000 I put the latest bd turbo on
the kit has a few new shinny parts in it when I pulled it out of the box I though cool .
welllllllllll. not so cool shiny parts look good but so far not one of the new shinny parts work this Insall should have took 8 hr still dont have the sled right I in to about 3 weeks it still dont work right my customer is gonna crap when he gets a bill for 120 hr plus when I told him 8 hr thanks bd.

You probably should hold true to your word for the eight hours, since that is what you told him. Chalk up the extra hours as a learning experience and IMO, if you bill him 120 hours, you will probably never have him as a customer again. I had that happen to me once and the dealer billed me for all of the time they spent on a project and I even had the estimate in writing! After much arguing I paid what they had initially said and never looked back! I feel for your customer, now he is out a HUGE wad of cash for shop time (I don't know what you charge an hour), he is out of a sled for almost a month right as the season is picking up AND he has already ponied up 6grand plus for the turbo!

BTW, I am on here because I enjoy reading about ALL brands of sleds and what people have to say about them and the products developed for them. It helps me it future sled purchases!

Last edited:
B

bigbull

Jan 21, 2005
Spokane, WA
www.bigbullinc.com
IMO there is not enough power off the stator with the two power lines we have been using to consistently run power through the regulator and to the components we are adding. Look at the voltage draws taking place, especially at full throttle. I would imagine if we compared full load draws before the rugulator and after we would find that the regulator would not allow for the compsensate for the MSD pump, the oil pump, the injectors, the box, and the A/F gauge as well. By adding the capacitor to the electronics the therory would be to increase and stabilize the load required.

My bet would be that if a battery has been tried with this system that was capable of handling the load with a new regulator that these problems could be reduced or eliminated. The capacitor only works one way, with output. So how does the rest of the system adjust for peaks and valleys of draw? They dont. Just a thought that has been plaguing my mind for a while.

Hopefully by switching to one single fuel pump to run the whole system and making some electrical changes that product tester and some others are trying we can narrow the problem down.
BB

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
your right I wont charge my customer one cent more than I quoted him ,but I will not Install any more bd kits!!!!!!!!!!
If im gona spend that kind of time then I can build my own kits. for a lot less then if stuff dont work I can ***** to my wife instead of everyone here, she needs pay back anyway.
If you want a heads up on parts that dont work then you will have to call me

G
Nov 30, 2007
Idaho Falls, ID
your right I wont charge my customer one cent more than I quoted him ,but I will not Install any more bd kits!!!!!!!!!!
If im gona spend that kind of time then I can build my own kits. for a lot less then if stuff dont work I can ***** to my wife instead of everyone here, she needs pay back anyway.
If you want a heads up on parts that dont work then you will have to call me

We still on schedule to put your fuel/controller setup on my boondockers m7 turbo on Friday. I still plan on being down there friday morning around 8 ish.

Don't stop trying to fix what bd put out cause I have a feeling with what you and travis have come up with for us untunable m7's may help the M8 and m1000 guys in the future if they have the same troubles with boost that alot of the M7 guys did. What do you guys if any have for 700 dragons coming up? I have a brand new dragon that I think I might put some boost treatment too but don't want to pay BD for there stuff because of the problems and expenses I have had on my M7t last year. Hoping you guys might have something in the works.

Scott

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
The Bd Fix!!!!

i just wanted to say thanx to shain !! he has put many hours of testing and tuning this fix and he wont put out a untested product. i am so glad for that . cause when my fix arrives i know it ill work . ur gonna make alot of turbo guys like myself very happy this season . so again thanx for ur hard work and listening to me on the fone for hours LOL also thanx to everyone else involved . u know who u are !!
mike:D

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
thanks guys,
scott we are defffantely on for friday 7 am would be best, or even thursday night,you can stay here and well ride fri, went yesterday and found deep pow,
bring your dragon and I show you one that is rock solid with boost,I need another one to reproduce the fix on to double check the test,
rode this one yesterday and did not the change the fuel at all all day and the temp droped 20 while we were there that dragon is one of the most rideable turbo sleds I ever worked on!!!!!!!!

to everyone eles, is anyone having any luck with tunning the 1000 I have a bottom end problem that I cant get rid of have been working on this for 2 weeks with the boondocker box with very little Inprovement today Im putting on the pl box and fuel pump and 2 to 1 regulator to see If I can get it right
the 8s have the same problem.

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
o ya now that my 7s are working fawless I would sell one to buy a new 1000 to be able to build a new boost monster,

G
Nov 30, 2007
Idaho Falls, ID
thanks guys,
scott we are defffantely on for friday 7 am would be best, or even thursday night,you can stay here and well ride fri, went yesterday and found deep pow,
bring your dragon and I show you one that is rock solid with boost,I need another one to reproduce the fix on to double check the test,
rode this one yesterday and did not the change the fuel at all all day and the temp droped 20 while we were there that dragon is one of the most rideable turbo sleds I ever worked on!!!!!!!!

to everyone eles, is anyone having any luck with tunning the 1000 I have a bottom end problem that I cant get rid of have been working on this for 2 weeks with the boondocker box with very little Inprovement today Im putting on the pl box and fuel pump and 2 to 1 regulator to see If I can get it right
the 8s have the same problem.

Cant make down thursday night Shain but will be there around 7:00 friday morning. Will bring both sleds and you can use my dragon as you need.
Will give you a jingle tomorrow.
Scott

H
Nov 29, 2007
Littleton,Colorado
producttester

Please tell me your joking about the dragon running so well, chose to do a m8 with a bd, instead of a dragon everybody was saying how well the m8 ran and lack of testing on the dragon made me unsure, even you had said a couple months ago you would prefer a m8/m7 over a dragon,bd kit did not fit properly on sled fabrication was necessary to make it fit my shop spent hours above and beyond what they expected.Have your m8 kits been fitting,and also what parts did you feel were problematic.I just hope the m8 runs well and we have a good year.Going to be tuning it this week with Donovan Facey of Extreme Performance in CO.I was really wanting you to do it but needed someone close to home in case of trouble, but it sounds like you have had it with bd, that sucks to hear coming from you, well good luck with that m1000 hope you dont have to much more to go on it.thanks to you and all with input.

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
hard tohandle no sweet here hope you get takin care of , the quality control at bd has dissapeared nothing fits right and parts are wrong, last season they were workable this year its a joke,if you can attatch your air box with somthing more than what they sent you as they are falling off going down the trail then the thing dont run .when you cant make it run call no problems here hope it works out for ya.

jiba4

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
I wanted to lay down another shoutout for Shain. There are'nt many quys out there that would go to such lengths to make sure the product they are sending out to their customers runs flawless. Can't wait for the TM1000 to be done, it will definately be worth the wait!!!!

Untamed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
McCall, ID
Exhaust Location Questions

I have a 07 M8 with this years boondocker turbo setup. I put the exhaust exit towards the drivers like they recomended. I had some concerns about this location from the start but did not want to deal with the noise of running it out the side panel. I have been out twice this year, and on deeper pow days the engine would bog after coming off the throttle even more so when breaking trail. The guy behind the leader had less of this problem. If you stayed full on the gas it seemed to be okay. If you have ridden with boost that is impossible even in powder. especially if you ride in the trees! I had a good day of testing yesterday on about 10 inches of new and the engine never bogged once. I dialed in my fuel settings and the sled rips!! Has anyone else had similar experiences??? I am leaning towards running it out the side because I do not want to screw up another pow day!! Any info would help!

M8 Turbo 010 (Medium).jpg

Premium Features