• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1st AXYS modification

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Lets see that windshield bag- and is it the heated one?

S/C

Ok. Heres some pics of the heated windshield bag and the dash bag. I took some before, after and in-between pics. The install on each is crazy simple and only took minutes. One nice thing about that is you could take them off on trips you didn't want them. I also stuffed a full Gatorade bottle and goggles inside so you can judge size. Just pop out the push pins on the windshield and reinstall the same way. They do come with extra pins if you loose one. I also took a pic of the bag label, looks like their made from Outer Armor. Nice semi rigid bags that look like they will hold up well. Stitching and zippers look HD as well.

IMG_4091.jpg IMG_4093.jpg IMG_4094.jpg IMG_4095.jpg IMG_4096.jpg IMG_4098.jpg IMG_4097.jpg

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I know some of us are a little crazy about what things weigh. I was checking clutch weights and decided to check the weight of these two bags. As you can see the dash bag weighed more than my gram scale (limit 250 grams) would go, yet it is under 1lb because it won't register on my other scale (pounds and KGs). The heated windshield bag was only 223 grams. The stock (Low) windshield is 181 grams so if you add the bag and leave off the windshield your about the same. However if your like me I pack enough stuff to survive overnight and every little bit adds up quick. I even weigh my tool kits and select lighter weight tools or drill holes in them if I can. Told you some people were a "little" crazy lol.
Last pic is of hood with glove box cover removed.

IMG_4105.jpg IMG_4106.jpg IMG_4107.jpg IMG_4108.jpg IMG_4109.jpg

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Open responses to PM's.
Im happy this heated bag doesn't relocate the stock gauge like the last Polaris model. I can still get at the gauge buttons with (thin) gloves on.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Still waiting on other parts. Being a new model its hard for some of the aftermarket businesses to get their hands on a sled to test fit items. Anyone have anything new come in you could share some info on??

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
I am still waiting for the dash, bar and underseat bags to come in from Polaris. Also still waiting for my Front and Rear Polaris Bumpers.

In talks with Ice Age and B&M for some bomber rails and running boards, hoping these will come my way shortly after Haydays.

Were close on the Silber Turbo as well for the Axys, Can not wait to get it all on!!!

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I am still waiting for the dash, bar and underseat bags to come in from Polaris. Also still waiting for my Front and Rear Polaris Bumpers.

In talks with Ice Age and B&M for some bomber rails and running boards, hoping these will come my way shortly after Haydays.

Were close on the Silber Turbo as well for the Axys, Can not wait to get it all on!!!

Thats going to be a sweet sled! Id like to see some videos of the Silber in action once we get some snow!

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
from the Haydays post: I decided to order some motor parts for the new sled. If theres interest Ill do a write up of everything I do and what the pro and cons are of each. This has been a tough choice (leave stock or add performance) but I sometimes can't help myself. If I do, Ill try to give real results not a sales pitch and document improvements on a dyno if I can afford everything.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
What performance parts did you order. ?

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
What performance parts did you order. ?

I'm going to stage tune this sled, so I'm starting with a pipe and can. Then piston kit, billet head and controller is the plan right now. Nothing to crazy. I'm looking to see what the average guy can do and afford with off the shelf parts and minimal time.
I know everyone has their own opinion, this is simply the direction I chose. I don't "need" a turbo (as much as I'd like one) for my elevation and riding areas.

R
Dec 27, 2011
Less the 8 days away the "Official Start of Winter” the 49th annual Haydays. Be sure to stop into the Straightline Performance booth and see the new products for your Polaris, Skidoo, Yamaha and Arctic Cat and meet the team members. Booth Numbers BE5, BE6, BE7. Right on the main isle next to Skidoo.

http://www.straightlineperformance.com

Straightline Performance Haydays.jpg AXYS Muffler Ceramic.jpg Pro RMK Carbon Fiber.jpg Pro RMK full Exhaust.jpg

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Yes Haydays is going to be interesting this year with this new Axys. Hopefully we see some cool new items. It's interesting where everyone drives/flys from too. Its always a surprise running into some of my old Alaska riding gang as well. Long live the Keni Krazys. I might have my sled on display there too.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I put a Bikeman performance pipe and can on yesterday. Im really impressed with it so far. Im having trouble loading pics right now for some reason so I put some on the "stage/tune" when I figure out what I'm doing wrong

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
So obviously Ive added the bags stated above, however we haven't had any snow yet! Does anyone else have these same bags and have any feedback on how their working? Is snow getting inside the windshield bag or heated dash bag? How about the tunnel bags?
Thanks.

Premium Features