• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Disappointed Polaris Rider

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
The arguments on these forum site are all the same. Doesn't matter what you're talking about they're all full of BS. You all sound like a bunch of women. Step back take a breathe and just have fun with what you ride. It makes no difference what you ride as long as if you're having fun. In 10 years or less no one will want to ride any of these sleds because they will only get better. Does anyone want to ride a sled made in 2005? Please don't answer the question I don't really care what you say. But really people debating which sled is better is pretty stupid if you honestly look at it. Enjoy the picture.

Go away hall monitor, you don't like it don't read it. Debating which sled is better has been going on since the beginning of time and will be going on 10 years from now, so stop your whining sharp and move on if it's not what you want to read about.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
The 3 inch lug is one dimensional and shines in deep deep powder only...while the 2.5 or 2.6 lug simply does it all.

If your going to biotch at Poo complain about them not offering a 174 to compete with Doo's 174.

DPG

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Not a Doo fan but,, the T3 is the best handling XP package to date. It would be good with a 144x2 in. too.
Doo did much the same as the Axys (lifting it) with the T changes. They just didn't claim a patent on it.

Now, if extra long and 3" is your preference, so be it. You can have it.
I have 2 friends with 174 T3's and they love their sleds. They both own lifted diesels with fat, tall mudders. All summer they commute a 1000miles every 16 days for work and back then drive around town to do stuff when home. All on paved roads.
Every winter they take off those tall, fat worn out mudders and install fresh skinny tall studded tires for safety. Then, new fresh mudders again in the spring.

I don't get it but we're still good friends.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I know more then couple handful of people who absolutely hate the T3, comparing a pre T3 to a T3 is not a huge difference just different track basically. Everyone has their preference but from opinions I have seen and experienced is that the T3 is a joke in backcountry riding other then if your a point and shoot guy, in that situation give me a boosted yamaha for that style!

It's just your word compared to mine. At the end of the day a T3 is just a lazy sled that needs all the over compensation it can get

I disagree. I have ridden them back to back for an entire day, and whatever Doo did to the fronts suspension in conjunction with the longer spindles on the T3 package makes them handle significantly better than the standard XM. They were a pretty capable backcountry sled in my opinion. We were riding 163 T3s, not 174s.

I wouldn't say they are lazy either. A Pro RMK 800 is overall the laziest feeling stock 800 sled I have ridden in the last couple years. That being said, between the two I slightly prefer the handling characteristics of the RMK. Maybe because I spent so many years on the M-series and it feels more at home to me? There is also still a slight grabby feeling in certain situations with the front end on the Doos that I wasn't comfortable with at the end of the day. In my opinion Polaris didn't have the easiest sled to initiate the roll over in the 2015 season. The new Axys is supposedly easier from the prelim ride reports.

I know no one cares, but since 2005 was brought up, I have made some 800 Pros look silly with my old M7 before :face-icon-small-hap

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
I disagree. I have ridden them back to back for an entire day, and whatever Doo did to the fronts suspension in conjunction with the longer spindles on the T3 package makes them handle significantly better than the standard XM. They were a pretty capable backcountry sled in my opinion. We were riding 163 T3s, not 174s.

I wouldn't say they are lazy either. A Pro RMK 800 is overall the laziest feeling stock 800 sled I have ridden in the last couple years. That being said, between the two I slightly prefer the handling characteristics of the RMK. Maybe because I spent so many years on the M-series and it feels more at home to me? There is also still a slight grabby feeling in certain situations with the front end on the Doos that I wasn't comfortable with at the end of the day. In my opinion Polaris didn't have the easiest sled to initiate the roll over in the 2015 season. The new Axys is supposedly easier from the prelim ride reports.

I know no one cares, but since 2005 was brought up, I have made some 800 Pros look silly with my old M7 before :face-icon-small-hap

T3 ski doo is still junk in my mind and in many other minds I have been around. Oh and I am not brand loyal, I came off a ski doo run but had to change as I hated the direction their sleds were going, I watch guys noodle around on those t3's and just laugh how they are always moving left to right to compensate for all the wiggle and flex those sleds feed back. Not what you want on a steep incline sidehill

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
i know its hard for the new generation but its called exercize or noodle works too.LOL

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
i know its hard for the new generation but its called exercize or noodle works too.LOL

Watching someone ride the T3 is like watching Chunk do the truffle shuffle in Goonies! And yes both are very funny to watch..

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
All this talk how dumb the 3" 174 track is. Why did Dan Adams build a 174 this year? Why does Jarred at boondocker ride a t3 174"? To make up for their sucky riding? I doubt that. Haha I think people are mostly afraid of change. The 163" sleds of today are easier to ride than the 144" and 151" of the early 2000's. And it will continue. I say ride what you want. If you like more of a challenge get a 144". If you want to get further up a hill, trees or no trees, get a longer sled. I think a 163 is a good size. Now just trying to decide which brand. They are all looking good this year.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
All this talk how dumb the 3" 174 track is. Why did Dan Adams build a 174 this year? Why does Jarred at boondocker ride a t3 174"? To make up for their sucky riding? I doubt that. Haha I think people are mostly afraid of change. The 163" sleds of today are easier to ride than the 144" and 151" of the early 2000's. And it will continue. I say ride what you want. If you like more of a challenge get a 144". If you want to get further up a hill, trees or no trees, get a longer sled. I think a 163 is a good size. Now just trying to decide which brand. They are all looking good this year.

I don't think the 174 is stupid. I think it compensates for making mistakes. Some guys ride steep and deep every weekend, and need the extra track. I just think polaris has a good enough sled that they can meet the majority of riders' needs with a shorter, better handlling, more playful sled with less track. If they offered a 174, I wouldn't be buying it. Just like I'm not buying their 3" track this year.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
What I do find funny is that the hottest topic in the Doo section is on the 2016 Poo

Hahaha, exactly! And most of them on there are bitching how they wish ski doo would of stepped up and built a mountain sled this year, instead now they question if they are going to jump ship and snow check a Polaris. Going to be alot of Pro Axys Rmks running around with guys wearing old ski doo clothing ; )

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
because dooville was hoping poo would make a sled to keep up next winter .nope.maybe in 17

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
They kept up fine this year in the - y'know - mountains.

Actually, the only 3 people I saw riding the 174 Doo's were either first year riders or from somewhere flat.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
images

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
SNOWMOBILER ! that was and is awesome :face-icon-small-hap
you may have just change my whole made up opinion about you

:focus:

i think we were at sleds with mudders ? and go.....

E

EZ Ryder

Nov 17, 2013
Hahaha, exactly! And most of them on there are bitching how they wish ski doo would of stepped up and built a mountain sled this year, instead now they question if they are going to jump ship and snow check a Polaris. Going to be alot of Pro Axys Rmks running around with guys wearing old ski doo clothing ; )

yeah like a lot of people wear ski doo clothes

M

millnoff

Dec 5, 2007
I'm a doo t3 163 rider, coming off a 163 10 xp with lots of work done to it. And the t3 is a totally different sled than an xp or xm. My old man had a 13 163 pro, and now a 15 163 pro.

We spent time trading back and for a while and we agreed on virtually everything we took out of that.

1. T3 gets on edge noticeably easier than poo, and switches direction quicker and easier.
2. Poo has a wider "sweet spot" holding a side hill, no matter what hill angle, direction, or obstacles we went around.
3. T3 has considerably more traction (expected with 3")
4. Poo has much softer clutching and feels like it has less power, but it works, and there's less belt dust too.
5. riding them you can't feel a weight diff, possible slight advantage to the T3 with how easy it is to get on edge.
6. Poo got worse mileage. 1.7gal more after 40ish miles. And my brother in laws 600 155 pro took 2.4 gal more? (More throttle maybe)
7. Oil usage was too close to tell a difference.
8. 4500mi on his 13 pro, no problems what so ever, well other than a bent tunnel from a gas can too far back, woops
9. 3200mi on my 10 xp and only prob was kill switch failed.
10. 500 ish miles on both the 15's this year and no problems!

Both sleds work well, both are the best either of us has ever owned. Both are noticeably easier to ride than our older sleds. Both seem to be very reliable. If the axys is what poo says it is it should be a great sled. Made everything better that it all ready did well. (Stole some doo designs a long the way but ya know. Jk) So take that as you will, wasn't enough snow to do a hillclimb test, but I mean... come on, we all know the t3 would be on top haha

Last edited:
Premium Features