• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK turbo

S

sno-addict

Oct 21, 2008
Shawn at MTNTK has also told me that a water to air intercooler is in the works. But said he won't release it until it has been fully tested and proven. Plus a guy can always throw a tuning box on and tune his own if he's not happy, I mean it's still forced induction just like any other big name kit out there.

Last edited:

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
And remember most guys are only running the PG kit. There is an 500$ option to make it a RG kit. It may not be a VOHK tuned Boondocker kit but for the money and the power and no box to mess with just pull and go, I am very pleased.
Whats the $500 for??
If you bought the kit this year you should already have the bigger injectors that can run at 12#'s with race or avgas

Last edited:

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I'd like to see where the intercooler would be plumbed in, there isn't much room unless they redesign the airbox.

S

sno-addict

Oct 21, 2008
Whats the $500 for??
If you bought the kit this year you should already have the bigger injectors that can run at 12#'s with race or avgas

Correct the injectors are capable for a race gas setup, If I remember right from what Shawn told me it's clutching and a new waste gate spring and possibly some tuning? There may be something else I'm forgetting. But really simple stuff.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Should be interesting to see how it turns out and what the cost to upgrade is. I'm very happy!!

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
I'm not impressed.. Doesn't seem to have much more power that a stock pro from the looks of stuff in the video. Also get rid of the music so we can hear how that set up runs.

D
Nov 14, 2013
I don't have a goldfish.

This is a thread on mtntk. No where is hm mentioned.

I was trying to inquire as to how this kit is running 8lbs on pump without DET problems, the vipec has the same ability and more than the bullydog, if it was as simple as that it would have been solved. Im not trying to compare kits, I wanted a pump gas turbo, it didn't happen, so I am wondering how it is possible.

Last edited:

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I was trying to inquire as to how this kit is running 8lbs on pump without DET problems, the vipec has the same ability and more than the bullydog, if it was as simple as that it would have been solved. Im not trying to compare kits, I wanted a pump gas turbo, it didn't happen, so I am wondering how it is possible.
8lbs at what elevations though? That's the question. I ran mine for a week in west yellowstone and never had a problem on 91 pump Gas and approx 1 gal of av fuel mixed in for cheap insurance. Boost in town @6600ft was set to 6.5lbs and ramps up or down about half a psi per 1000ft of elevation gain or loss. Ran it back to back against my brothers stocker w/ Carl's clutching and you can't compare the two. Didn't get a chance to run any appreciable powder but the few little spots here and there I was more than happy with it. First ever turbo for me and all I can say is thank you to mtntk performance. It's far exceeded my expectations. Just wish I got more than 1 week a year in the mountains...

If anyone has any questions feel free to pm me if you want.

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
I'm not impressed.. Doesn't seem to have much more power that a stock pro from the looks of stuff in the video. Also get rid of the music so we can hear how that set up runs.
I rode a stock pro (13) for 2 seasons and I still ride with stock pros now my 13 was the same length, same track, same suspension, I can assure you with absolute certainty that it is very far from stock power.

I edit the video for entertainment and enjoy editing it specifically to go with music.

A
Nov 26, 2007
My budy has a mntk pro and I have a boondocker pro. At 8 lbs mine is faster but is also a little more sluggish coming on boost or getting to rpm. I believe it is just the clutching. The mntk comes on quick but just doesn't pull quite as hard were as my boodocker comes on slower but pulls harder.

S

sno-addict

Oct 21, 2008
My budy has a mntk pro and I have a boondocker pro. At 8 lbs mine is faster but is also a little more sluggish coming on boost or getting to rpm. I believe it is just the clutching. The mntk comes on quick but just doesn't pull quite as hard were as my boodocker comes on slower but pulls harder.

What clutching setup are you running?

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
http://youtu.be/L28_o7NN4Ds

This a little comparison from last year. The mtntk pro is running 6 lbs on pump and I'm running a lite weight m1000 with 200 hp. We are within 10 lbs of each other, both 174 3". My m1000 kills stock pros. He has since turned it up and running the bigger injectors and blows my door offs at 12 lbs. it is a very clean running kit , it never burbles or farts.

A
Nov 26, 2007
What clutching setup are you running?
We ran at 2500 ft. I have a 180/260 pri with 70 gram pol weights straight 50 deg helix and a 180/280sec. He had a 160/300 74 gram weights 40/46 helix 180/280sec. I can run mine from 8 lbs turning 7900 up to 13 lbs at 8350-8400 on the same clutching. I can't control it at 13 lbs kinda like a tree hunter there though. lol

D

DYEMAN

Banned
Feb 21, 2008
noise Mt tech turbo

exhaust can is stainless no rust ;close to stock muffler , intake noise was loud so i choose not to run threw factory intake but took air from under the hood near vent 47deg air temp no noise , the small charge box workd very well spool up time is very quick , no need for intercooler , $ 200. buys :) injectors , which i would install right up front from the start simple install , with larger injector and av gas 12 pds safe ,instant throttle response , with self install total $ 5200 . very reasonable

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011

What are you running for a kit? How do you compare with stock? any videos?

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
http://youtu.be/M2vuQ7dPGUA

Here is the video comparing at 12 lbs boost on mtntk pro. Elevation is around 2000 ft. So the m1000 is making good power. Last year when we compared my sled would beat him by a couple lengths with the pro at 5-6 lbs pump gas and stockish clutching. Now his clutching is way better and the race tune is perfected. I think when guys hop on the mtntk pro and say it feels like a stocker cause it's how good it runs not the lack of power. The mtntk runs like a stocker but pulls like a freight train. It's all I can do to pick up a cheap pro and boost it right now. For $14000 you can build a wicked sled right now.

Premium Features