• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Poll on the new Summit t3 color

Please read the two questions located in the message

• Black

Votes: 359 77.0%
  • Sunburst yellow

Votes: 100 21.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 194 41.6%
  • No

Votes: 206 44.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
I really like my current Black "X", but would definitely buy the Yellow if I were in the market next year.

I have been saying for years since Doo went green and then Blue in the 90's and the 98 670X that I wish all manufacturers had stayed with their historic "primary" color;

Doo - Yellow
Cat - Green
Poo - Blue
Yam - Red

Not that it mattered, but always was easy to identify the brand others rode by color, now its seems everything out there is homogeneous nowadays.

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
The yellow looks much better in person than in the pictures.

Thought I would go for the black but snow checked a 174 T3 in Yellow!

:face-icon-small-hap

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
The yellow looks much better in person than in the pictures.

Thought I would go for the black but snow checked a 174 T3 in Yellow!

:face-icon-small-hap

Yes the school bus does LOOK alot better in person but after seeing it in person after 2 HARD, HARD days of riding the demo I can tell you for sure that its going to be a complete B*TCH to keep clean. In 2 days the demo 174 sled from Lifestyles Honda in Mt. Vernon Wa. put on 284 miles & the "break in" was completely DONE. It look to me like about 5-8 hrs of detailing to make it look "new" again!! That's why I snow checked a black one!!!!!!:face-icon-small-hap

rat01

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
demo experience

Yes the school bus does LOOK alot better in person but after seeing it in person after 2 HARD, HARD days of riding the demo I can tell you for sure that its going to be a complete B*TCH to keep clean. In 2 days the demo 174 sled from Lifestyles Honda in Mt. Vernon Wa. put on 284 miles & the "break in" was completely DONE. It look to me like about 5-8 hrs of detailing to make it look "new" again!! That's why I snow checked a black one!!!!!!:face-icon-small-hap

For those that have ridden the 2015 T3. Are these much different then the 2014 XM. Do they still trench and hang the skis in the air? Did you know if they are any easier/more stable on a side hill. Did you get to ride in deep powder, or hard pack like most of the videos? I got to demo a 2014 XM and did not like it. Never got a chance to demo the 2015 and have to put my money down on the snow check.

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
I felt the 174 was WAY more predictable than my buddies 14 163 but still is very maneuverable. When climbing felt more stable & front end stayed planted to the snow. You almost have to work REALLY hard to get it to wash out on a sidehill. I'm VERY impressed with the overall stock performance

rat01

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
thanks

Thanks YamaS. Was leaning towards the 174. I know it's not much longer then the 163, but good to hear unbiased opinions.

psychosledder73

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Fernie BC
gonna try a doo again for first time in 10years and it will be yellow

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.

I agree I too went with the Black I have a White freeride. and You can never get it as clean as new.

So were you the guys that bent the Right upper A-arm and dislodged the back tail light.

If so Must have been a good time. Even after all that It still felt solid, and very maneuverable. and I have never tried an xm chassis before that one. So I stopped by my dealers after the ride and put my $ down on a black one....... Although if someone that orders a Yeller one wants to trade the hood and consoule for black I am your guy.

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
So were you the guys that bent the Right upper A-arm and dislodged the back tail light.

Yes that did happen during Baker Shootout! Like I said it got rode HARD. It makes me scratch my head how SOME people will treat a demo sled.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Black, but only if it's the proper shade of black that matches the two-tone of my truck, my helmet, my one-piece powder suit, and my european-cut boxer briefs.
Like, totally, OMG!

Seriously, if somebody makes a great sled that performs like I want, I don't care if it is literally decorated with sequins, rabbit turds and tampons!

Edit: And the T3 looks like an amazing sled. I'm jealous of you guys who are in the market for a new sled next year!

LMFAO...

black and yes and bigger pistons...BJ

Last edited:
D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Yes that did happen during Baker Shootout! Like I said it got rode HARD. It makes me scratch my head how SOME people will treat a demo sled.

When the XP was 1st introduced my dealer had the XP demo for 3 days we destroyed the sled. I never seen a sled do 11 perfect end over end cartwheels down the mountain after my buddy attempted to punch the XP through a rock hard cornice....Needless to say the cornice didn't give sending the XP straight up in the air backwards...It was a beautiful site to see. :face-icon-small-

DPG

Last edited:
Premium Features