• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First 2014 800 Update. :(

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I didn't see a thread on it, if there is one I will kill this one.
First update for the 800 sleds today. They FORGOT to add the breakin counter to the guages. Wow. All 800 models need to go back to get the update so their breakin counter works. (The 600 models last year had it, 800 didn't. 600 this year are fine, just need to get updated to get the 800 models to have it.)
And if you have a 13 800, get it to the dealer to get the ECU updated! Remap for the injectors to clean up the bottom end sponginess.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
No problem, I asked if they could do mine in the crate, he said yes. Just needs to plug it in with a battery and do the deal. Not a biggie, except that a lot of us need to take sleds back to the dealer for it.
Oh, and I also asked, if you are already running your sled, it doesn't create a problem. All the update does is enable the guage readout through the ECM, the ECM will read the correct breakin percentage regardless of when you get the update done, like if the sled is half broken in, it will still read correctly.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
so really not a big deal then,not worth the hassle to bring back to dealer..as long as the ecm knows when its done

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
so really not a big deal then,not worth the hassle to bring back to dealer..as long as the ecm knows when its done

That's true. Didn't think of that, lol. I just always wanted to know last year how far away I was, it would have been nice to have an on-board readout without having the dealer plug it in to the computer.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Well, less work for your dealer then, I personally would like all the bells and whistles I paid for when shelling out 12K for a sled. (Twice.) I will get some entertainment from looking at that part of the gauge, same as looking at the MPH. Doesn't mean much, but it is amusing.

N

nickPSD

Jan 27, 2008
Sioux Falls, SD
I picked up my Summit X on Saturday and it displays the breakin percentage that left when I start it up. Must have already had the update done before I got it

Diamond8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Tri-Cities Washington
My buddy and I picked up our 14 X 163's two weeks ago and they both showed the percentage from the get go when we picked them up.......so either they were okay or they already got the update......

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Wierd, maybe the update has been out for a while. Either that or they caught the problem partway through production.

R
Apr 20, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
I was told at the MKE snow show that the only way you would be able to get a remap on your 13 was if ski doo released an update for it. Which wouldn't happen unless they had problems.

Just need to find the right service tech to talk too?
Is this actually available?
What sort of gains, changes is it doing for the 13's?

Thanks
Tony

Premium Features