• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Intermittent Bogging?

T
Aug 23, 2011
2009 800 xp 700 miles, fresh plugs, new belt, rebuilt clutch, vent kit.

At higher alt. (10-11.5 k) I'm having an intermittent bog, like its getting flooded out. Kind of comes and goes, but when it bogs I have like 25% power. When it runs in-between bogs doesn't run really smooth. Down at around 9k feet it runs like a banshee. Last year it ran great in same riding areas. Recently checked the exhaust valves and the DPM. Maybe a Jet getting clogged? or ECM? no beeps or lights on dash.

W
Nov 27, 2007
I dont think its a plugged jet. Sounds like you're running rich. Double check the DPM system. If you are allways running at this elevation you could jet down a bit. They come fat from the factory. Check your piston wash & do some plug chops & make adjustments.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Is there anything you have changed or added since last year? Different exhaust/silencer/head/air intake...???

T
Aug 23, 2011
Have not changed anything, I always ride at altitude... park at 9k and go up to a high of 12k from there. I was thinking its rich as well but why now all of the sudden? DPM... Checked it with a 9v and it clicked, so its good?
Thanks

W
Nov 27, 2007
How about DPM hoses & manifold? Air temp sensor to spec & plugged in? Check conectors for corrosion, bad wires, use dieletric grease.

Premium Features