• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Comments on Powderlite's Exhaust on the Pro

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Your right Dave is a smart guy. He can have more boost in the charge tube then the exhaust on a 4-stroke……. Do it to a 2-smoker and it wont run. The pipe will help (noticeable?) but there is no way you going to see the gains that a 4-stroke will show

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I think most people on here really need to step back and realize something...

YEAH, its is not the 100% perfect and ideal way to go, BUT, this is the most affordable kit on the market, keep it simple so it works for everyone and makes solid power for a good price seems like a pretty smart buisness model to me.

until you have built your own turbo kit, or maybe a few, you really shouldnt comment on this stuff. going from a pocketed DP like silbers to a divorced type setup, there is easily 3-4x the time and effort into making a divorced downpipe(i have made probably 20 different ones personally, so know how challanging it is!).... for a production kit, a 2.5" DP with pocketed flange works great and is easy to replicate. when you sell 100+ kits a year, ease of production is paramount.

so, the pocketed flange is only slightly detrimental at lower boost levels?

I didnt think the Silber kit was designed to be the ultimate turbo system...just a simple turbo system that a garage mechanic could install , tune and ride.

Im curious to see how the updated fuel box works as well as the improvements to the 13 kit.

flint

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2011
alberta
bender says "this thread is a waist of time" send out the turbos justin...

bender.JPG

Last edited:
R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway
I think most people on here really need to step back and realize something...

YEAH, its is not the 100% perfect and ideal way to go, BUT, this is the most affordable kit on the market, keep it simple so it works for everyone and makes solid power for a good price seems like a pretty smart buisness model to me.

until you have built your own turbo kit, or maybe a few, you really shouldnt comment on this stuff. going from a pocketed DP like silbers to a divorced type setup, there is easily 3-4x the time and effort into making a divorced downpipe(i have made probably 20 different ones personally, so know how challanging it is!).... for a production kit, a 2.5" DP with pocketed flange works great and is easy to replicate. when you sell 100+ kits a year, ease of production is paramount.

If you refere to me. I have build several custom made turbokits with my design to my sleds the last 10 years.+ all the kit we have bought from USA that needs parts+ a lot of tuning to get them to run OK at sealevel here in Norway.

Silber can easily adjust the downpipe so it lines up with the turbine outlet without any cost on the kit. But the attitude he shows here where he refuse to improve his kit is not good at all, and is probably the reason for he is not going to sell any kits to Norway/Sweden.

I cant se the benefit of running turbo on only 5 psi boost, then you can put pipes/porting, dropinkits and get a better running sled then messing with turbo for a miner HP gain..

Last edited:
S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
If you refere to me. I have build several custom made turbokits with my design to my sleds the last 10 years.+ all the kit we have bought from USA that needs parts+ a lot of tuning to get them to run OK at sealevel here in Norway.

Silber can easily adjust the downpipe so it lines up with the turbine outlet without any cost on the kit. But the attitude he shows here where he refuse to improve his kit is not good at all, and is probably the reason for he is not going to sell any kits to Norway/Sweden.

I cant se the benefit of running turbo on only 5 psi boost, then you can put pipes/porting, dropinkits and get a better running sled then messing with turbo for a miner HP gain..

Sorry guys, but it comes down to no one has posted any accuracte information if our downpipe is not effecient and if PL upgrade is better.

Do the testing and record and measure a few things. Till than I will sit back and enjoy the comments made.

Have a good day.
Justin

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado

Maybe people in Norway shouldnt buy turbos then:face-icon-small-win

I agree 5lbs of boost is pointless so why try...BB or bolt on's will get you more then enough power.

BUT incase someone wants a Silber Kit, I happen to have one up for grabes...make ya killer deal

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California

I run 10psi on my silber kit with 0 issues. Don't make statements on 5psi when you haven't tested this downpipe vs. another. And over here in the states at 7000 feet a mild turbo will work over a BB, pipes, porting, etc.

If you look at Neils setup his sled is running 8psi and will climb the steepest stuff a sled can attempt. Granted there are more factors than just boost levels but his is just an example that with the right setup no more than 8psi is needed.

And its great you build your own turbo kits for yourself but since you don't sell them to the public it is irrelevant and shouldn't even make comments if you have never even ran his kit.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs

I own 2 of his kits, one from '11 and one from '12 and have watched the install of a '13 kit, so I can call BS on your comment saying that he hasn't improved his kits. He makes a great kit for the money and like every kit maker, they are always making changes and improvements.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK

I don't know of anyone even having it on the snow back to back with a "stock" Silber set up to see a differance, let alone flow test the two and the turbo/motor combo to see how much air you can stuff through the motor and if either of them can't handle it.

IMO asking for a fix kit on a theoritical problem (that wasn't a problem last year) is rediculous. Might as well go ask Polaris to give you a "fix kit" because if the sled came with a stock properly tuned turbo the sled would create more power, so there must be a problem.

You can modify ANYTHING to theoretically get more power, but Justin's kit works and makes more power than 90% of us (made up statistic) know what to do with. If your pushing 15 psi and your sled is dialed in and running amazingly and still feel you need more then start looking at how to pull more air through the motor.

And I know in the grand scheme of things 5 psi is a "minor" hp gain, but that's enough to put a sled at 10,000' back to stock power, or even better, a sled at sea level up around 190-200 hp.

R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway
:) We all have differents goal.
At 10000ft you might have 100-110hp in stock sled, and with 5 psi you are not even at stock HP@sealevel..

I`m at sealevel starting with a stock 150hp sled want over 200hp. My last M8T I tuned had actual 240hp at sealevel.

Anyway, I have read in other treads here that they complain about that the Silberkit have not as good responce as BD. That can be improoved with a miner mods like I have mention earlier in this tread.Whitout going for the expensive but the best solution as Powderlit has.

And that is what this tread is all about, not how it work. There are a lot of treads about what doesent work and complains about this kit.
Dont argue your as off how well this work...

My little advice was only to the ones who wanted a better running sled to a low cost ;-)

I can also see that I have hurt a lot of gays feelings, with giving me bad rep..(The truth is not always a good thing to hear)

Last edited:
D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
All I have to say is this :

I run a 2012 Silber Kit on my 2011 Pro ! 12 lbs boost all day long on 100LL
Some day's I turn it up 14 lbs on 100LL Above 6000'! That is the raged edge for AV Gas!!! over 3000 miles doing this... Very happy customer :face-icon-small-ton

R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway

Some day's I turn it up 14 lbs on 100LL Above 6000'! That is the raged edge for AV Gas!!! over 3000 miles doing this... Very happy customer :face-icon-small-ton
But this have nothing to do with the topic ;-)
I run pumpgas up to 13psi boost at sealevel on a proper tuned/modifyed engine. 10-12psi is normal with pumpgas for me. Straight avgas i can run 20-25 psi boost if the rest can cope with it. Running 12-14 psi with 100LL at altitude doesent impress me at all..Anyway we have the same **** low oct pumpgas as you.

To all with the broken hearts here in the tread:
Try control your feelings :face-icon-small-win
Feelings is usally not facts...

Last edited:
R

Rms Rydning

Sep 30, 2006
North Norway

If you modify the exhaust you can 16-17 psi without problem and I gess even more if you want..

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
But this have nothing to do with the topic ;-)
I run pumpgas up to 13psi boost at sealevel on a proper tuned/modifyed engine. 10-12psi is normal with pumpgas for me. Straight avgas i can run 20-25 psi boost if the rest can cope with it. Running 12-14 psi with 100LL at altitude doesent impress me at all..Anyway we have the same **** low oct pumpgas as you.

To all with the broken hearts here in the tread:
Try control your feelings :face-icon-small-win
Feelings is usally not facts...

There is so much bad info on this thread, and it started with a misleading picture :photo:

Premium Features