• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Welcome to Ski-doo Brett Rasmussen

S
Mar 26, 2009
Mountains
Cross over

I think it more who pays the most and gives the most free sleds.Hell anyone would ride any brand if you got a good deal--Brett is a Good Rider-he'll make skidoo proud---Have fun!!!!!!!!!!

P

PowderProject

Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
Ski Doo already has some great riders influencing their designs but most have been Canadian. Kuster, Treadway, Norona all have their strong points and greatly influence Ski Doos design team. Now they have an American who is part rider/part backyard engineer and I think he will have a ton of influence pushing the XM to new levels of mountainess. 900-1000cc ETEC and lose 50lbs and the XM would be far ahead of the competition in 2014. Just the 50lbs would be awesome with the current ETEC and new track and suspension set up.

Yeah the rest of us Merican riders are just chopped liver eh?

Great to see Brett and Sanchez on board this year! Can't wait to see their smiles on their new whips!:face-icon-small-coo

Last edited:
S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
llll-1.jpg

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Yes. That would change the post angle, also changing the feel from a street bike to a dirt bike feel. I ride standing, others may also, my shoulders rotate at more of a vertical rotation to the sled while standing. It is easier and more natural to turn the bars at that more vertical rotation than at the trail sled angle of the XP. JUST LIKE MY EXAMPLE.

The Doo takes much less effort to turn the skis because you simply apply downward body weight on one grip or the other. This is when your body is above the bars. On the verticle steering, arm strength is required to turn the bars in a twisting motion. If you are at the side of the sled, this obvious advantage may not apply.

R
Oct 3, 2008
Eureka, Montana
Good for Rasmussen, but he is a pure businessman, If you buy a sled because some "celebrity" sez its the best and you BELIEVE that dribble, you are a dope. Ride a sled and then decide for yourself.

My wife SnoJo & I walked out of a seminar he was giving at RMS here in Idaho, he was promoting "Schooled"; His quotes were:

"Cats & Poos are easier to sidehill & boondock than a Doo"
"Cant understand how people ride XP's well"
"Especially Women cant ride XP's in the mountains"

SnoJo got up at the beginning of this speech after he said this and said, "guess that means I dont need to listen to this then" and we walked out, LMFSBO !!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

SnoJo is 5'2" 105 lbs., 45 years old at the time, and she can sidehill over 1/2 mile with her old 08 XP in the mountains here in S.E. Idaho, what she can doo now with her etec would put alot of men to shame .......... If you think what they say is gospel, you are a sheep.

blah blah blah, its all about the Benjamins....... PERIOD.
1sm376money.gif
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->.
1sm376money.gif

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I would have to agree with him. You must have not rode all three around 09. I have owned one of each and ride a lot of different sleds. Old 08,09,10 xp I would not recommend for the ladies. If you think she can ride a 08 xp well than put her on a PRO and i bet you she will rock it. I have a hard time believing she can throw it around all day long. I have rode around a number of ladies 5'2" and 105lbs and 95% of them can't even pull start a 800 I can only think of one who can. Sorry to say it but I think your old lady got her feelings hurt and now your bashing Brett. His answer is correct in the majority of cases, the xp required more strength than any of the other sleds in those years.

Last edited:
T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
I would have to agree with him. You must have not rode all three around 09. I have owned one of each and ride a lot of different sleds. Old 08,09,10 xp I would not recommend for the ladies. If you think she can ride a 08 xp well than put her on a PRO and i bet you she will rock it. I have ha hard time believing she can throw it around all day long. I have rode around a number of ladies 5'2" and 105lbs and 95% of them can't even pull start a 800 I can only think of one who can. Sorry to say it but I think your old lady got her feelings hurt and now your bashing Brett. His answer is correct in the majority cases, the xp required more strength than any of the other sleds.
Herd this B.S so much my wife borrowed a buddies poo, and well it was less then fun for her. we were on a 3 day trip we drove 6 hours to get her 09 xp 800x for the rest of the Weekend. So beleave it or not yes women can ride them and ride them very well.:rockon:FYI she's 5 feet 120 pounds:face-icon-small-blu

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
I would have to agree with him. You must have not rode all three around 09. I have owned one of each and ride a lot of different sleds. Old 08,09,10 xp I would not recommend for the ladies. If you think she can ride a 08 xp well than put her on a PRO and i bet you she will rock it. I have ha hard time believing she can throw it around all day long. I have rode around a number of ladies 5'2" and 105lbs and 95% of them can't even pull start a 800 I can only think of one who can. Sorry to say it but I think your old lady got her feelings hurt and now your bashing Brett. His answer is correct in the majority cases, the xp required more strength than any of the other sleds.

Since you dont know her, you are talking out of your azz .

p.s., we live and ride here in S.E. Idaho, routinely right past Brett's cabin where he spearheads his back country adventures. My wife easily pull starts her sled and rides where she wants to go.

Maybe you have problems pull starting an XP ?

Last edited:
I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
He decided that it is easier to showcase his dominant skills on the dominant sled. The combo will make for some epic video footage, and when riding with burandt,,, show us all how much more the doo has to offer then the poo. Can't wait to see some footage. !

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009
He decided that it is easier to showcase his dominant skills on the dominant sled. The combo will make for some epic video footage, and when riding with burandt,,, show us all how much more the doo has to offer then the poo. Can't wait to see some footage. !

Really? It looks like Doo may finally have a chassis that will keep up to the Poo chassis, that's coming into it's 3rd year now. If Poo comes out with a stonger engine next year, it's game over for Doo again.

G
Apr 23, 2008
And rocking the Garrett turbos !!! I've been patiently waiting for this to happen and now I can smile as DOO has woke up and smelled the stink of what they were working with !!!

Boondocker and Garrett will take Brett to many many sucesses and not have a bucket of excuses or threats to those who DID go to a dyno and find the truth !!!not even close to the claimed power. miles away.

The old adage of " qualifying is just playing with yourself " goes along way.

Wins are coming . :usa2:

Premium Features