• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SILBER PRO KITS

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Hello,

Sorry I havent been able to update the forums as much I would like to. We are very busy here at Silber Turbos. We are in full production making parts. Building hundreds of kits that are spoken for. We have our hands full with this and developing new products that will be release in the future.

To clarify some questions Ive seen come up.

The close loop option is there if you want to run it. It doesnt have to run all the time. Its will only make adjustments to the map after so many RPM's of unmatched AFR's. Its doesnt follow the AFR all the time. Otherwise its constantly adjusting and can come out of tune from misreading o2 sensor.

The box can be set to manully adjust the output value like we ran in our 2011 kit, which works great and have 100's of happy customers.

There is a fail safe if the sensor goes bad.

Kits will start shipping the end of Oct.

2011 sleds will be first to get kits. 2012 sleds will come shortly after.

Again we are overly busy, feel free to call, you may not get through to me, leave a message and I will get back to you asap. Please state if there is a certain time to call. I have always allowed my customer to contact me after hours and on holidays, so again call if you want. Our crew is working overtime. We understand every is very excited as winter is nearing us.

We have 2012 sleds running daily in our test field. Making sure there are no grimlins in the fuel map.

Some parts have yet to show up from our suppliers so I cant release any photos yet. Unless you want to see a 2012 sled that is covered in grass.

I wont be updating this snowest thread often. If you need to talk email me or call.

Thanks
Justin

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
im guilty of key board shopping, buttt ,,,, the only reason i ordered a kit from silber this year (payed in full already) is cause of all the great info on snowest. it's not that im too cheap to call justin long distance,, it's that im a turbo rookie and i don't know the right questions to ask him. i am learing a tone just by reading these threads. i'd feel pretty stupid calling and saying,,so,,,,, can you tell me absoultly everything about this kit and how its different than the other kits. not saying that he wouldn't do it, but sometimes it's just easyer to kill some time at work and read all these blogs. imo
ps, not trying to start a pissing match..:hug::typing:

I defiantly called and had no idea what I was talking/asking about and he has been great. Explained what was what and the differences and the stuff I didn't understand he broke down for me, and the combo of the service I received from Justin and SO much info on here is what I based my purchase on. I defiantly appreciate the questions being asked here, mostly because I would have never though to ask it. Thanks again Justin for a kille deal and MH for helping ask/answer a lot of questions.

R
Apr 4, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
All I want to know is when do I send in the rest of the money. And I will even answer my own question. Tomorrow. I hope the installation instructions are simple. Us laskins ain't tooo smart.
I drive an 400HP turbo diesel to my job that has me flying a turbo prop cargo ship in some of the most challenging conditions in the world. And I ain't been this exited, and nervous, about something since my first date.

:laser::nono:

X

XP2009

Sep 10, 2009
So what do we know about the size of the comp hybrid turbo coming with the kits we snochecked ( mm ) ?
Is it closer to the garret 2860 or 2871 ?

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Hi Justin, I emailed you regarding some tips on fuel controller settings and clutching advice. I got two emails back where you asked questions about my setup and what I was planing to run, then you asked me where I bought the kit, and I told you I bought it used from a guy here in Norway, and I havent heard anything from you yet. Don't know if you remember me or anything, cause I know you got your hands full, but it would be great to get some feedback.

Thanks

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Hi Justin, I emailed you regarding some tips on fuel controller settings and clutching advice. I got two emails back where you asked questions about my setup and what I was planing to run, then you asked me where I bought the kit, and I told you I bought it used from a guy here in Norway, and I havent heard anything from you yet. Don't know if you remember me or anything, cause I know you got your hands full, but it would be great to get some feedback.

Thanks

Have you read any of his posts in here? The man is swamped with work. And this is a thread he created to keep his 2011/12 season kit buyers informed and in the loop on shipping times. Give him a call, or email him again in a few days. I doubt he has the time to get on here and answer questions about a used kit you bought secondhand, when he does not even have the time to answer individual questions in this thread.

Lets keep it on topic people..for the sake of buyers and those truly interested.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Sorry about that, just recived a email from him. Thanks for the tips Justin, great service and a great turbo kit.

Thanks alot for the help :)

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Has it been confirmed that Silber Turbos is using the Comp brand?

I've heard rumors he is building a special hybrid, greased/ball-bearing Garrett for his own kits???

Last edited:

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Has it been confirmed that Silber Turbos is using the Comp brand?

I've heard rumors he is building a special hybrid, greased/ball-bearing Garrett for his own kits???

When i spoke with hm he told me it is the comp a mix beetween the c2/c3 i believe... I think silber worked with comp to build the charger that best suited the PRO

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
Does anyone know the price of his kit? His older kit ran $4600, is it around the same price? I am looking to pick up a pro and do a turbo, but am leaning more towards a pump gas or 50/50 mix setup maybe around 10 psi if that is possible on 50/50?

Will probably give Justin a call when I pick a pro up. Just wanted to see if price is still in that ball park or not.

Thanks.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Does anyone know the price of his kit? His older kit ran $4600, is it around the same price? I am looking to pick up a pro and do a turbo, but am leaning more towards a pump gas or 50/50 mix setup maybe around 10 psi if that is possible on 50/50?

Will probably give Justin a call when I pick a pro up. Just wanted to see if price is still in that ball park or not.

Thanks.

His 2011 kit was $3600... this new one 2012 is $4600 bucks.

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
Thanks for the responses. I am wondering though according to his website the turbo still runs an oil tank? For some reason I thought it was going oiless this year. Just trying to clear up a few things before I get ahold of Justin.

Thanks.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Thanks for the responses. I am wondering though according to his website the turbo still runs an oil tank? For some reason I thought it was going oiless this year. Just trying to clear up a few things before I get ahold of Justin.

Thanks.

Ya theres alot of new features he hasnt put on his site yet... its realy just best to call him and cut alot of the BS.. the start of this thread were jstin posted gives you a good ides of the new components

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
not sure what the current going rate is, but last year it was i think around the $1.50/L mark or so in canada.

Premium Features