• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rebuild of RXP 4 tec project

A
Dec 2, 2007
Mammoth Lakes
Here's the rebuild of me RXP sled. Changed it over from trailing arms to A arms. Also moved the turbo, made a new body, hood, and relocated the fuel system. Took a bit longer than I had planned but that's the way it goes! Going A arms(pro RMK layout) definitely added some weight but I was able to make the front end 38 wide instead of the 41 I was stuck with because of clearance issues on the trailing arms. The sled pulls over and holds a sidehill much better now!

Here's the old thread

http://snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70883&highlight=motec

RXP1.jpg RXP2.jpg RXP3.jpg RXP4.jpg rxp5.jpg

A
Dec 2, 2007
Mammoth Lakes
I had to cut off the front end of the chassis and I used the front end pieces off the pro to make the jig. You might just look and see if you can bolt the front end right on your sled. I thought about it but the motor mounts wouldn't work. I you are interested I have the bulkhead parts to start from.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
astro, hands down the COOLEST sled on snowest IMO.. that thing turned out awsome, i was really impressed with it before, now its totaly mind blowing.

your mesh hood/panels turned out really nicely. I like it. also the turbo dump is pretty badass.. time for some vids!!

A
Dec 2, 2007
Mammoth Lakes
Yup, trees would be a really bad. Tree would be bad with any sled.

With the exhaust, I was going to try to rub it out the bottom but there was no room. I guess the 3 inch pipe out of the turbo is a bit much! You do have to be careful not to lean against it when it is hot.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Great looking sled, and i bet it runs good. Just one ? for you, what material did you use for the lower parts of the sled? Cant tell if it is black plastic or aluminum. Thanks

RMK4life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Most amazing sled I have ever seen hands down!! Great work astro! That thing looks like a fun ride for sure

A
Dec 2, 2007
Mammoth Lakes
It's unfortunately a bit of a tank, but that's what you get with a 150lb motor! Changing to a arms allowed me to narrow it up considerably so it much easier to side hill now. No shortage in the HP department. I was trying to figure out why I was hitting the rev limiter today. It wasn't that I didn't have enough weight in the primary, it was the track losing traction at full boost. I checked the logs and the motor was spinning 8400 RPM and the jackshaft was at 9000!
Snow wasn't very soft today.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
It's unfortunately a bit of a tank, but that's what you get with a 150lb motor!

such is the price we pay for a long term big HP motor.. but man, when you whack the flipper, im betting you forget about the tank factor?:face-icon-small-hap

I wish you were closer, i would LOVE to check it out in person, it gives me enough ideas to keep my busy for a couple more years, and thats just in a few pictures, im sure in person it would totally distract me forever.

Premium Features