• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PLEASE HELP 96 500 EFI engine problems

N
Apr 9, 2009
I have 125 psi both cylinders. Engine cranks and idles fine. Throttle response is good up to half throttle. After that it lugs clear down and then is sometimes impossible to start. Suggestions? Thanks.

S
Mar 9, 2010
if you means it dies maybe check your air screw i dont know much about carbs but on my sons 120 i had the same problem. would idle then hit the throttle mid throttle it would die. not sure if its the same prob but it sounds like something in the carbs maybe

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Fuel filter issue, or crimped fuel line, or fuel pump issue?

Sounds like maybe it is starving for fuel when the demand gets high and takes it a while to replenish the system after you evacuated all the fuel.

sledhead Ed

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Tyngsboro Mass.
check the small fuel filter also screen in the tank. The fuel pump on these sleds is a pressure pump not a very suction pump any restriction on the suction side can give you good pressure but no volume of fuel or good fuel flow. also you can check the big filter on the pressure side but onestly I have had only had problems with the little filter plugging up on these 500 and old rxl 650 fuel injected

Premium Features