• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 Black Ops goggles!

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Well I finally got my hands on a set of the goggles and they are Saa-WEEEET!

Paired them up with my 509 helmet and the fit is great! Can't wait to try out the polarized lens on the snow...which is piling up fast here in CO!

Crazy how black they are....looks really "Sinister"

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Thats going to be a hard call...especially with no mountain time.

The field of view is a bit smaller but the polarized lens may bump it over the Aviators.

They also have a bit of a more complete/tighter fit to the helmet. Paired with the 509 lid it almost completely seals up the helmet opening. This is going to be great for those really cold and windy days.

If they could just get the polarized Aviator lens to the market it would be a no brainer. But for right now I think I will be using both (blk ops and avi) for different situations.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I can't wait to see them with the helmet cam boom!!!! :D

got some new stuff set up for this year.....won't be long now!

Dizz, I hope that you got yours for free, seeing that you single handedly probably sold hundreds of pairs of aviators from your video with the reverse helmet cam shot. :thumb:

Toms been more than generous...but I see it as more of the "chicken and the egg" situation.

Did the goggles make the video look cool or the video make the goggles look cool?

Any way you slice it...it's a win win.....cool goggles and a cool video. :D

Y

yamahaboy701

Oct 15, 2008
I just got a pair of sinisters and can't wait to try them out. They fit alright in my troy lee SE2 helmet but not as good as my spys but I could use a new helmet anyways. Anybody try sinisters in a Shoei helmet?

Also I got a bunch of lens to try with my sinisters including the polarized brown. I was going to get the new black ops goggles but the big metal plates on the straps make them weigh a ton! not a big fan of the metal and not sure how they would work with the helmet cam???

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
I just got a pair of sinisters and can't wait to try them out. They fit alright in my troy lee SE2 helmet but not as good as my spys but I could use a new helmet anyways. Anybody try sinisters in a Shoei helmet?

Also I got a bunch of lens to try with my sinisters including the polarized brown. I was going to get the new black ops goggles but the big metal plates on the straps make them weigh a ton! not a big fan of the metal and not sure how they would work with the helmet cam???

The metal emblem does add some weight and may affect helmet cam mount. So we are offering free replacement straps to anyone with a black ops that doesn't want to run the emblems. Just call 1-877-743-3509 to get a strap. Must already have the goggles and your order info ready.

Y

yamahaboy701

Oct 15, 2008
The metal emblem does add some weight and may affect helmet cam mount. So we are offering free replacement straps to anyone with a black ops that doesn't want to run the emblems. Just call 1-877-743-3509 to get a strap. Must already have the goggles and your order info ready.

REALLY!!! I would have gotten them then! I got mine at the 509 haydays booth and nobody gave me that option then and even brought this up to the guy that helped me out.
Do you know how sinisters fit a Shoei helmet?

Last edited:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO

I don't even know what to say.......

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
These things are BAD MAMBA JAMBAS... I'll be picking up a pair at the Boise show for sure!

gogs_large_blackops.jpg

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Those look REALLY nice! :face-icon-small-coo The only shopping I really like doing is for sled stuff/gear. A gal can never have too much of that! :face-icon-small-ton

And thanks for the laugh...how could anyone hold their head still while making all of those moves?!! I love watching that viewpoint! :)

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I believe the emblem is attached to the same patch of leather on the strap of the ops that the smaller emblem is on for the aviators. And that the leather base is located on the same place on all the goggle straps

If so then if shouldn't effect the use of the goggle strap mount for the Contour helmet cam.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Its movie magic......2 million in CGI effects can get you alot these days.

Premium Features