• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo doo's can it be done?

S
Sep 2, 2009
Since this forum went bazerk for a while i have stayed away and tried to find other avenues to get some info. but all i get is the doo motor can't take boost. Everybody can tell me this but nobody seems to know a reason why.

All the kit builders say that everything works great and to get one. There is no gray area it is black and white. there is also guys on here that a running the kits with no problems.
So you guys that have good reasons why a doo xp can not be turboed let me know.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
There's a little Dyno Party going on in Ontario this week.
Should be interesting to see if any results are posted.

High-Boost block for the 1200 4-Tec (500HP+)
All you need is a little fan.

;-)

Hurricane Perf

post-33141-1255126812.jpg

Last edited:
T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
I guess I just dont understand where the idea that a Doo motor wont take boost comes from?? What makes a Rotax so damn different that it wont run with more pressure in it??

Im also interested to hear why it doesnt work from all the non believers...

Jake

G
Apr 23, 2008
Since this forum went bazerk for a while i have stayed away and tried to find other avenues to get some info. but all i get is the doo motor can't take boost. Everybody can tell me this but nobody seems to know a reason why.

All the kit builders say that everything works great and to get one. There is no gray area it is black and white. there is also guys on here that a running the kits with no problems.
So you guys that have good reasons why a doo xp can not be turboed let me know.

Awwww Sheet,, I been running 2 and am building 3 more.. WTF ??
Now you tell me it won't work,, !!!
Thanks ,, buck short and 4 years late..LOL

Gus:eek::eek::eek::eek:

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
Please people. Yes you can turbo a skidoo Xp,rev,670,583,RT,XR,600SDI,and you can even turbo a old olympic or 9500 blizzard.
I Hate this question. and i really hate this question when i am at the shows when one is setting right in front of them.

thanks for letting me vent a bit.:D

Turbo guys, YOU ARE NOW UNDER OATH.

How much tuning is involved with a carbed 800r turbo, also, can you consistently supply enough fuel to the motor?

I'd LOOOOVE to turbo my XP but can't swallow spending 5G's on something I have to deal with constantly.

PM me with the truth if you'd like, anyone with long-term experience on a turbo doo.

Thanks in advance.
Jay

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
The day to day tuning and consistency compared to my turbo Cat is less and my carbed turbo kit is WAAAAAY more responsive than the Cat. The carbed Ski-Doo will build 3-4 psi of boost working it on the stand with no load. The Cat wont build any boost even when you squeeze the brake and apply load. The only adjustment needed after I set the base line jetting for the carbs would be a slight adjustment to the externally adjustable power jets. You might not do any adjusting at all depending on the conditions. Fuel delivery is not an issue. Remember we only have to worry about 3-6 psi of fuel pressure over boost. We don't have to deal with 30-40+ psi of fuel pressure and maxing out the duty cycle on stock injectors and adding auxiliary injectors and getting everything to work together. Carbs are much easier---FOR NOW. Closed loop efi, if built correctly will help a lot. Until then CARB ON!!

Dave

Turbo guys, YOU ARE NOW UNDER OATH.

How much tuning is involved with a carbed 800r turbo, also, can you consistently supply enough fuel to the motor?

I'd LOOOOVE to turbo my XP but can't swallow spending 5G's on something I have to deal with constantly.

PM me with the truth if you'd like, anyone with long-term experience on a turbo doo.

Thanks in advance.
Jay

IQ?

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Vilhelmina,Sweden
www.facebook.com
Iknow one thing...
Every time we change something on our D8T
compression,boost levels and other for testing low alt calibrations..
I (rejet) change BD box nr:20-30 times first ride until i get
it rideable and safe for loooong pulls.
if i had to rejet old school or even with powerjets i would
have all my knuckles bleeding and frozen-And would probaly go back to stock....:( Only kidding...Never stock again.

Stand-alone efi must be the way to go..on 800r.Closed Loop (Sooon)
Just my 02$

Last edited:
D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
That is the decieving thing about a properly designed and built 2-stroke carbed turbo kit. They are very forgiving and consistant. More than most people think.

Again this is from tests results I have seen with my turbo kit compared to my turbo Cat with efi. Others efi turbo kits may be more consistant. It's not like I always have to make changes with the Cat, but they are more often than the carbed sleds.

The other thing I have noticed is if the fueling for the efi is rich, it does affect the running condition of the sled. The carbs may show rich on the gauge, but it doesn't seem to affect the running condition as bad.

People just need to ride one and find out for themselves and that is our goal this season with our up coming demo rides. Even if you are not interested in a kit try and see how you like it. It's all good and it's all fun. That's why we enjoy this sport.

Dave

Iknow one thing...
Every time we change something on our D8T
compression,boost levels and other for testing low alt calibrations..
I (rejet) change BD box nr:20-30 times first ride until i get
it rideable and safe for loooong pulls.
if i had to rejet old school or even with powerjets i would
have all my knuckles bleeding and frozen-And would probaly go back to stock....:( Only kidding...Never stock again.

Stand-alone efi must be the way to go..on 800r.Closed Loop (Sooon)
Just my 02$

Premium Features