• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Posting your introduction.

M

marmot11

Feb 28, 2011
Puyallup, WA.
new to the sport

Hello! I've been wanting to buy a sled for a few years but had other financial obligations. Finally bought a 2010 Polaris RMK800 155 track. Been riding 3 times since, love everything about it and can't wait to go again. Originally from Kodiak, AK. now living in Puyallup WA. Would like to hear any advice on that particular year/model sled, as well as riding areas around western washington.

B

BAD MONKEY

Mar 21, 2011
Gunnison, Colorado
My name is Dave aka BAD MONKEY. I exhist in the Gunnison valley in the center of Colorado's high country. I have been riding sleds for about 15 years and have evolved with the modern powder sled. I raced snowcross on a novice level and commuted 10 miles to get home for about 12 years. My passion is back country powder play time, cant ever get enough! Currently riding a 06 Summit x 800. fabulous sled but getting outdated-- hate to be the guy lagging behind. Getting a new snow check something this year. Very tough choice! LOOKIN HARD AT THE CAT 800 PRO CLIMB.

D
Apr 1, 2011
Maine
Hello everyone

My Name is Dan Marriner, live in Maine been riding a lot of years but just recently got the Mountain riding itch while a group of us boy went to visit a buddy out in McCall Id, played all week in the mountains off trail. Back ground in engineering and work out to sea so like to play hard at home. Looking forward to learning as much as I can about Mountain riding and sled performance for the hill.

G

gijoe

Feb 14, 2011
Utah

Hi, I'm Joe. I grew up with sledding in the flat lands of northern WI but live in Utah now and love it! This mountain riding thing is incredible. I have an 08 D8, that is currently out of commission waiting for an engine repair. I have been really impressed with this forum, lots of smart people willing to help out the whole snowmobiling community. I will have my sled fixed and running this summer and can't wait to get it out again next season.

D

dans

Feb 4, 2010

Im Dan Gregory been in the snowmobile industry for the last 15 years.Ridden for 30 years.I have and Arctic cat dealership in Salem Oregon.Dans Motorsports Outlet.

P
Apr 18, 2011
re: intro

hello, my name is mark and i recently got back into snowmobiling but now i can enjoy the sport with my kids! we currently own a 99 polaris xcsp600 and an indy 400 classic. we are a close family and doing these things together helps us to stay even closer

N
Aug 27, 2011
Hello, i'm Nils from Norway. Just registered to the forum. Snowmobiling is my number 1 hobby and i totally love it above everything else. I think you guys who live in the US are so lucky and i really hope that one day i'll get a chance to visit your country and do some sightseeing from the back of a snowmobile. I currently drive a 06 Renegade 600 SDI and i'm planning to by a Summit pretty soon.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I'm Kaleb. I don't have a sled, never ridden one, but I like yappin about them:face-icon-small-win

I live in CO, right by the divide, ride 60+ days a year, and would be perfectly content if summer never came!!! (this year was close!!) I ride a race gas 800 crossfire 141 & love to leave the ground.

My wife is Batgirl, one of the Octane films gals, I love having a wife that can send it & is a blast to ride with! I'm very lucky to be where I am, have an awesome wife, and be able to enjoy the most addictive sport I've ever done!!

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I'm Ralph. I'm taller than Kaleb.

I have a more better sled than Kaleb.:boxing:

In all seriousness though, I ride a 2009 XP 154 with a little boost. I live for Winter and I totally hate Spring and Summer. Fall is OK, as I'm a hunter. I generally ride Rabbit Ears/Buffalo Pass. It's 15 minutes away. But I'm thinking I'll start mixing it up some more and go other places.

R
Jul 31, 2011
intro to me

hello, my name is jerome farrar and i live and ride in western New York around the Chautauqua lake area. I've been sleding since 2002 and I ride a 1997 Ski-Doo formula Z 583 with a 121 by 1.5 camoplast Intense powder track on. it's a great sled, but am thinking its about time to up-grade. i think trails are fun, but waist deep powder boondocking is the best! i'm also in the process of designing and building a sled from the ground up.

Hi everyone! I ride on Vancouver Island, British Columbia and yes we get alot of snow! But let's keep that to ourselves. I work as an off highway log truck driver. I've been sledding for 25+ yrs and have owned/built early turboed 670's to Holz racing chassis with big bores. I currently ride an 09 dragon 800. I look forward to being a part of this site! Have a great season!

T

Turbo25

Jul 17, 2010
www.snowest.com
Hello .. my name is George. i live in a little po dunk town south west of Sioux Falls,SD ... Hull,IA... and way i eat breath and sleep for sledding..just ask my wife :becky: i don't know that there is anything better to do .. i love wrenching on them also . wishing i could move out west and follow my passion. anyway i currently ride a 2009 Nytro that started as an rtx but is now a propane turbo :face-icon-small-ton

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
Turbo, :welcome: to the forum. I once lived in Hull when I was your age, many, many years before you were born. Many on here with same passion you have. Enjoy the sport and enjoy the forum!

R

Redneckhotrod

Apr 6, 2011
SW MN
Greetings from SW MN

Hello, I've been around for a little while, finally signed up for Premium Membership. I live in SW MN, Snowmobile as much as i can, or as much as my wife will let me out of the house. Usually put about 1500-2000 miles on per year, and try to go out west at least once a year. I love working on my sleds, and my friends sleds. I run a fabrication/machining shop. Hope to see you out there.

F
Dec 7, 2011
In Clearwater BC some great riding around here, only riding for last 4 years or so reagular, but usually get out twice a week at least unless I am broke down or injured. now I need to find someone to rebuild some spare crankes for me so I can put some extra sleds together for visitors.

B
Jan 18, 2012
hi everyone my name is bryon and i live in the central part of the lower peninsula of mi. i just bought my first sled this season but havent really had it out much wich all near me know why lol (no snow) i purchased a 97 zrt 600 and so far have had bad luck with it but just minor stuff, first day taking it out the tether was giving me fits but i got that taken care of after a tow home then spark plug trouble and exhaust wasnt tight but im hopeful now that if we get some good snow im all set.
i hope that everyone has a safe a fun winter ttyl
ps any good advice will be welcome, thanks

Premium Features