• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 sled weigh off

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
And it still doesn't matter.... Owned a 18 axys with a SLP stage 2 last year and sold it for my 850 Doo. Best part of the Axys was the PIDD gauge. Everything else i would way rather ride my 850. If i was blindfolded i for sure would have told you the Doo was lighter. It rides so much lighter than the Poo. But i guess it was easier to pick up and move around in the garage....

I agree with this 100%. The Doo feels lightest. Then cat. (Mountain cat) Then axys.

My buddy who owns a Ski-Doo has ridden an alpha with its floppy track. He says it feels a bit lighter than his Doo.

It seems that geometry has more to do with making a fun sled than weight....... to a certain extent.

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Ha,
if anyone is serious about trucks.........
2f50b184e785c069dbd7e396d4d9c089.jpg

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
Make sure you have two shovels one on your back and on your sled!! Do they do the weigh offs with shovels on there? Ready to ride would be with the shovel on the sled. Then pull it with a Ford and a Chevy so when one broke you could still get there. Of course this all Sarcasm. I don't care what you ride drive carry or whatever. Snowmobiling is Awesome and let the Snow pile up.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
Was hesitant to post this for multiple reasons but I believe it is too good of data to not share.

I collected this data, mainly from the SnowandMudd video and the specifications on the manufacturers' sites. If there was a sled in the other video, I used that too.

This is just a baseline for all the models listed. Stock baseline and maybe something you can use as you subtract or add parts/weight to your sled; if you have one of these listed.

Also, correlations can be drawn to other sleds in the case that it isn't listed.

.....Well this was a good thread

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
I have ridden both the 165 and 175 G4. The trail sled steering geometry is the first flaw, really unnatural and screws up the riding position. The flex tack and t-motion make it impossible to hold a stable line in technical terrain. It is like sitting on a barrel in the river, kind of rolls around and goes where it wants. Most are honest about it being the worst at holding a sidehill as well. I have lots of buddies that ride Doo's. Admittedly the dealer is by far the best in the area. I drive 1.5 hrs to my Cat dealer, my buddies half an hour to the Doo dealer. I get that but I just can not get used to the sloppy handling and crap ergonomics on the Doo. I think they are by far the worst handling new sled out there. Go ahead call me names, I think you would have to be a moron to spend 10-12 grand on a sled that handles so poorly compared to the others.

I'm glad your opinion is a rare one.
I enjoy my G4 more than any other sled I've owned or ridden. I don't think I'm alone in that category... I guess we are all a bunch of morons. Its true what they say, Ignorance is bliss. :face-icon-small-hap

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Really, now it is an anti Ford discussion? I do not need to haul heavy loads, just my sled in the bed or a couple on the trailer. Get your stock whatever and lets go jump them in the desert, that is what mine is great at. My last Dodge was a 15 Power Wagon, worst POS I ever owned. I swore off Chevy back in 2005 after the pile of junk fried its Allison trans. The '01 D-max I had wouldn't pull with my 99 Ford. Allison actually sent and engineer to hook up his laptop and check out my duracrap/allijunk truck. Turns out it never performed with the Ford.

Fun watching you make a fool out of yourself here though. You are on a roll dude, lest see what you next stupid response it...

^Now this is funny!

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
Its a good thing prolaris are the lightest. That way Big10inch wont be slowed down by the 20 pound dildo he has taped to his seat. We all know you wer abused by your uncle Rick in the back seat of your Ford. A lot.

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
So what you are telling me is that you have a Chevy truck, probably one of those durapooch/allicrap versions, the ultimate girls truck. Yes I understand it rides nice so it doesn't jam your tampon to far up your snatch. Then you got suckered into buying an 850 Doo cause you though that would man you up a bit given your fag tendencies. Of course it didn't work because it turned out that your new beginners mtn sled really doesn't perform either. Trying to keep up with the Cats and Poo's even with an extra 50cc in your motor has you posing in the parking lot and sneaking behind the trailer to cry after the rest have left you behind, again. I get that you have a pathetic little life, a big fat wife and nobody seems to give you any respect. So you come on snowest with pathetic insults to try and get a rise out of people. Lucky for you, I am an a$$hole and ready and willing to indulge your little boy/girl fantasies. I am willing to listen and respond because really I feel bad for you and your sad life. I will take the brunt of your pent up anger over your failed life right up until the ban me yet again and I have to make up yet another new username. I am doing this for you son... I hope you can take off the girl panties, wipe off your lipstick and crawl out of your cardboard box after this feeling just a little bit better about yourself. Doubtful I know but, you should give it a try sweetie. Have a nice day, your buddy Big10...

Its a good thing prolaris are the lightest. That way Big10inch wont be slowed down by the 20 pound dildo he has taped to his seat. We all know you wer abused by your uncle Rick in the back seat of your Ford. A lot.
Alright guys! Let's get this thread back on track! Do your school yard name calling somewhere else!

back%2Bon%2Btrack.jpg

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
We all should acknowledge Polaris for achieving 408lbs with a fairly durable chassis.

08 Xp was close in weight but easily susceptible to major damage. I think Ski-doo should be a little ashamed at their marketing department with the G4s 9.5gal tank.....

I think the M7 was cats lightest mountain sled? 14 yrs later and cat is almost back down to that weight. Still 40lbs heavier than Polaris' lightest.

If i was a sponsored rider, i would go with the brand that paid me the most and learn to ride the machine and modify it to fit my style.

I'm not so, i choose to ride the machine that best fits me with fewest mods and what i deem as fewest failures or major issues.

Ride it like u stole it and hope u don't break it.

Last edited:

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
So what you are telling me is that you have a Chevy truck, probably one of those durapooch/allicrap versions, the ultimate girls truck. Yes I understand it rides nice so it doesn't jam your tampon to far up your snatch. Then you got suckered into buying an 850 Doo cause you though that would man you up a bit given your fag tendencies. Of course it didn't work because it turned out that your new beginners mtn sled really doesn't perform either. Trying to keep up with the Cats and Poo's even with an extra 50cc in your motor has you posing in the parking lot and sneaking behind the trailer to cry after the rest have left you behind, again. I get that you have a pathetic little life, a big fat wife and nobody seems to give you any respect. So you come on snowest with pathetic insults to try and get a rise out of people. Lucky for you, I am an a$$hole and ready and willing to indulge your little boy/girl fantasies. I am willing to listen and respond because really I feel bad for you and your sad life. I will take the brunt of your pent up anger over your failed life right up until the ban me yet again and I have to make up yet another new username. I am doing this for you son... I hope you can take off the girl panties, wipe off your lipstick and crawl out of your cardboard box after this feeling just a little bit better about yourself. Doubtful I know but, you should give it a try sweetie. Have a nice day, your buddy Big10...
Spoken like a true 6 year old.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
We all should acknowledge Polaris for achieving 408lbs with a fairly durable chassis.

08 Xp was close in weight but easily susceptible to major damage. I think Ski-doo should be a little ashamed at their marketing department with the G4s 9.5gal tank.....

I think the M7 was cats lightest mountain sled? 14 yrs later and cat is almost back down to that weight. Still 40lbs heavier than Polaris' lightest.

If i was a sponsored rider, i would go with the brand that paid me the most and learn to ride the machine and modify it to fit my style.

I'm not so, i choose to ride the machine that best fits me with fewest mods and what i deem as fewest failures or major issues.

Ride it like u stole it and hope u don't break it.

Why should ski-doo be ashamed of the 9.5 gallon tank?
I like it, its super slim. standing on the sled feels like a dirtbike, and theres still plenty of range.

What they should be ashamed of is the stunt they pulled on 2017 850 pre-order customers. They said the sled would be better on both fuel and oil. I can't remember the exact percentages they claimed.. Later that summer they put out a letter saying the oil consumption would be similar to that of a 800etec. From my own personal experience and that of other forum members, this is certainly not the case. Honestly, one should expect a higher power engine to burn a little more fuel and oil.. but Ski-doo made the claim, and it was all bull..

When we talk about Polaris' ability to make a light chassis, how are we sure it is actually a light chassis? And when I say chassis, I mean bare bones.. I do know the engine is very light when compared to other 800cc engines, the clutches are super light, then there is the belt drive and minimalist electrical system... but if we weighed just the chassis of all manufacturers, would the axys be that much lighter you think? I personally feel like they lost the weight in all the other areas. Track, engine, exhaust, hood/headlight, suspension components, etc.

I love the fact the Axys is so light, but I don't enjoy a finicky snowmobile. I feel the Polaris is finicky/high maintenance in lots of areas where maybe if they had put a little more time into reliability/durability rather than weight savings, there wouldn't be any issues. I'm just thinking out loud.. I know this might cause some fuss, but that's my opinion..

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I want the ability to make it 50miles without carrying extra gas or having to "take it easy" to make it back to the truck.
9 gallons isn't gonna do that for me...

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
I want the ability to make it 50miles without carrying extra gas or having to "take it easy" to make it back to the truck.
9 gallons isn't gonna do that for me...

Maybe not on a Cat it won't... Not sure how the new c-tec is doing in terms of fuel consumption. But the old suzuki engine would be useless with 9.5 gallons.
I haven't had an issue as of yet. I didn't even bother to buy a linq gas can.

Last edited:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
the Suzuki 800 h.o., at least in 17, is right in there with the rest on fuel/oil consumption. sounds like its better than the doo? I'm curious which sleds go the furthest on a tank of gas? i think the cat has the biggest tank.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Maybe not on a Cat it won't... Not sure how the new c-tec is doing in terms of fuel consumption. But the old suzuki engine would be useless with 9.5 gallons.
I haven't had an issue as of yet. I didn't even bother to buy a linq gas can.

The doo's I ride with carry gas and use it most times to get back. If it's a deep day we all carry gas thou. The 850 Doo was about the same on gas as my piped 800 axys interesting to see how the poo 850 is on gas.

I don't know if the 2 gal smaller tank on the Doo is for marketing or ergonomics of rider position but the Doo guys I ride with would like the 2 more gallon capacity if they had a choice.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The Ctec, if u really like to push it, could go through 40gal of gas before u have to add oil.
I would add oil every 2-3trips....
Never needed an oil caddy.

D
Jan 2, 2009
Coquitlam, BC
the Suzuki 800 h.o., at least in 17, is right in there with the rest on fuel/oil consumption. sounds like its better than the doo? I'm curious which sleds go the furthest on a tank of gas? i think the cat has the biggest tank.
Dont think so. I ride with a lot of cats and I own a 16 LTD and we always burn a bit more, usually 10%. Cant speak for the C-Tec's.

Premium Features