• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

things to check on a yeti after 60 hours?

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
Hey guys. ive got 60 hours on my skid now and was wondering if there is anything major I should look at before the new season begins? bearings to replace? things to tighten? clearances to check? places to grease? proper way to check track tension? that sorta thing.

thanks!

M
Jan 21, 2013
I did have a bearing fail last year (second year on the kit). Probably 80 to 100 hours on it. I'm thinking new bearings every year from now on.

800tundra

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Dapp, Alberta
I would suggest not going over 100 hours with bearings. Changed a couple on mine and they were due. Not sure why as I think they should be good for 5 times that.

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
alrighty. finally got to actually take the bike out and look at/over it.

these are the things I was expecting to hear..... I figured them on my own just by looking at it. its a pretty simple setup and theres not much to them. but just in case anyone else comes across this:

1. replace/check the rubber bushing on the ski

2. check tension/wear of the belt

3. check tension of the track.

4. check the shocks somehow (not too sure how) as well as the bushings in the eyes of the shocks

5. make sure the chain sliders arent worn

6. make sure the teflon slide washers on the reactor arms on the back arent worn.

7. check/replace the carbides on the ski.

8. check the sprocket on the skid as well as the 4 bearings

9. obviously go over all the bolts.

pretty simple stuff really. can probably order all wear parts and refresh the skid to nearly brand new for around $150.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
i have one of the originals that was out the spring of '15. maybe 80hrs/season

checked mine and the jackshaft bearings were just starting to get a little crunchy. same as the ones on the rear suspension arm. brg on the driveshaft were still fine.

i did the bushings on the ski/spindle but didnt seem to tighten up much

i also softened up the edges on the aluminum catch that holds the fuel tank. they dig in over time

Premium Features