• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ARO Center Carbide?

R
Jan 28, 2018
I have been waiting on the Gold Triple Skeg for the Aro ski. I was told that they would be on the market about a month ago, haven’t seen any sign of them yet.

Lachoneus

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2009
It is available

I don't have a part# but it was announced/unveiled last week the same night they unveiled the new 129" kit and a new Pieps avalanche bag. It is specifically for the ARO, it is a Polaris part and looks like it'll do the job. I would guess Carl's Cycle would have them if they are available -- 208-853-5550.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Same same

Looks pretty similar to the triple point carbide that was also just released. I wonder if there is much difference. Obviously it made a huge difference on the older ski but I wonder if it will be the same on the aro ski. On the timbersled website they say it improves steering and response time. What they need to fix or at least should advertise is that it hangs up less on obstacles. Which direction to throw my money?

S

s.back

Jan 29, 2017
rohnert park, ca.
I got one from gage brothers. Looks like it should take care of the sudden stops and the darting around when going down the trail. Definitely looks like a improvement to the ski

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
This flat out worked on my old ski I definitely go with it again.

So now how about the outsides -- will you guys make them as well like the limited run you did for the old ski. just plain loved that setup -- we have lots of overflow ice crossing trails on a sidehill slope the centre and outside carbides made easy work of that I will order a full set right now if i can.

It is like having power steering and no washing out no mater how bad the conditions on the trail--in the pow there was no noticeable difference.

A must have for me if I can not buy them I will build them out of a set of sled triple skags.

snowbikekits.com

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Eau Claire, WI
This flat out worked on my old ski I definitely go with it again.

So now how about the outsides -- will you guys make them as well like the limited run you did for the old ski. just plain loved that setup -- we have lots of overflow ice crossing trails on a sidehill slope the centre and outside carbides made easy work of that I will order a full set right now if i can.

It is like having power steering and no washing out no mater how bad the conditions on the trail--in the pow there was no noticeable difference.

A must have for me if I can not buy them I will build them out of a set of sled triple skags.

I've got the center TriplePoint skeg for the ARO right now, I was not sure what the interest would be in the outside skegs, but had talked about making some. I will be setting up my buddy's kit in a few weeks when I get back from my workation in Juarez, I'll take a look at the outside skegs when I return.

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
Checking on availability of the skeg?. .website doesn't work and no answer or callback on the number listed??????

Premium Features