• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.6 conquer track

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Who has run run one , is it softer than the 2.8 less of a trencher ??

Looking for a replacement for my 2.5 in particular a 15 wide would be my preference. the price is also a huge difference over the 2.8

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Excellent question.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
The 2.8 was PROMISED to be a great powder track and look what Camso delivered us?

Hard to argue with the Poo 2.6. Light, durable, works really good and is a 15 wide.
Not cheap, but do you buy your boots at Walmart?

The Composite tracks are coming around and are affordable. SHR ran a 154X 2.6 powder track all last season on a 14' XM. It is a GREAT powder track, but like the 3.2 is soft and folds over on the hard snow. They are making a little stiffer durometer for this season and we are waiting for our 156X2.6 for further testing this season.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
SHR ran a 154X 2.6 powder track all last season on a 14' XM. It is a GREAT powder track, but like the 3.2 is soft and folds over on the hard snow. They are making a little stiffer durometer for this season and we are waiting for our 156X2.6 for further testing this season.

Hi,

Three questions. One, what track are you referring to as a 154x 2.6 track?
And two, what do you mean by hard snow? I'm assuming rotten spring snow, is that correct? Lastly, this goes for anyone who would like the chime in.. what track is the best for powder snow? not taking into consideration any other type of snow. Our rotten snow season is too short for me to worry about it at all... I'd rather have best performing powder track.

Thanks.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
Hi,

And two, what do you mean by hard snow? I'm assuming rotten spring snow, is that correct? Lastly, this goes for anyone who would like the chime in.. what track is the best for powder snow? not taking into consideration any other type of snow. Our rotten snow season is too short for me to worry about it at all... I'd rather have best performing powder track.

Thanks.

In my opinion anything with 3.5 inch pitch. Deep snow, tough to find anything better than the stock Doo tracks on 2017-2019s

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
If they would have the power claw in 3.5 that would be a no brainer.

My criteria is 3.5 less than 3" and only 15 wide and light. I am not trying to come up with an argument, it is just what I want for maximum fun just for me.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Hi,

Thanks.

I was talking to big John about some other stuff and he mentioned that the track in this picture was the best powder track he’s ever used. At least this is the track I think he was talking about.

428D2EF2-D01D-4C9B-A8D5-6C4543AC7085.jpeg

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
If they would have the power claw in 3.5 that would be a no brainer.

My criteria is 3.5 less than 3" and only 15 wide and light. I am not trying to come up with an argument, it is just what I want for maximum fun just for me.
The Alpha is 3.5 pitch x3in Powerclaw. Also it is Gen4 of the powerclaw......... just sayin.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Yes but it will only work with a single beam rear skid. I've been thinking of buying a 3 inch summit next time, just so I will have 3 inch drivers. A lot of nice tracks out there in 3 inch pitch.. same goes for 2.86. I guess eventually they will start making 3.5 inch pitch tracks, weird they haven't caught on this late in the game..

Those Composit tracks do look good! I heard some horror stories about them a few years back, but for the discount I'll take my chances.

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Yes but it will only work with a single beam rear skid. I've been thinking of buying a 3 inch summit next time, just so I will have 3 inch drivers. A lot of nice tracks out there in 3 inch pitch.. same goes for 2.86. I guess eventually they will start making 3.5 inch pitch tracks, weird they haven't caught on this late in the game..

Those Composit tracks do look good! I heard some horror stories about them a few years back, but for the discount I'll take my chances.

That PIC is the track I was referring to. We ran that track last year and put around 600 miles on it. Some in MN, but most out west. No damage to report.

In a drag race on the trail, any 800 would holeshot it. Had to try. In the powder, it is impressive. This '14 XM we use is our test mule. It is making around 170HP and with this track this sled went perty much everywhere a '17 G4 154X3 went. Similar weight/talent riders. No not a 3" but the best non 3" we have ridden.

We are very excited to try the 156X2.6 they are making for this season, when it arrives.......................

Kingkittycat

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2017
Fairchild, Wisconsin
I looked at this track at Haydays this yr. My concern to the rep was that it was a staged short bar short bar, like poo n dog run. Not a fan of short bars. Imo the power claw is the track to beat!
With that being said, I assumed the cupped edges of the lugs faced toward the skis(I'm looking at the track as the surface that touches the ground under skid). I couldn't believe it when he said they face the bumper (that's also what the arrow shows). The lugs are basically like little scoop shovels! It goes against everything I've learned over the years on tracks. Most tracks are designs are trying to funnel snow under track and grip it to propel sled forward without trenching. The attack 20 was extreme version of that concept of trying to pack snow under sled. Manufacturers have since gotten more aggressive in their designs. This Composit M67 track is EXTREMELY AGGRESSIVE. it looks very well built.Quality and durability I think will be fine. I would like to hear reports back if it trenches bad. Has anybody gotten any seat time with this track? I'm hoping it performs excellent. We need a another player in market place, competition is a good thing. Keeps one company from having a strangle hold and inflating prices like we have now. A simple single ply track should not cost more then a 16 ply rated semi tire that has to be built to DOT specs and certified!
I actually like the M66 version better. Looks a little less aggressive and outside lugs are notched. It's only in 2.86 pitch version though, not sure why. 3.5 pitch is the way to go. I'm hoping for more choices soon.

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
We ran the M67 last year and put around 600 miles on it. Some in MN, but most out west. No damage to report.

In a drag race on the trail, any 800 would hole shot it. Had to try. In the powder, it is impressive. This '14 XM we use is our test mule. It is making around 170HP and with this track this sled went perty much everywhere a '17 G4 154X3 went. Similar weight/talent riders. No not a 3" but the best non 3" we have ridden.

We are putting this same M67 on a '10 Summit 163 with an 860. It will be in Tog in 2 weeks.

****** The track was delivered today. 162X15X2.6 3P center port. 53lbs. *****

Last edited:
P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Just got my track it is also pretty aggresive scoop style, but pretty soft compound

To bad our snow sucks -- almost nothing to ride in. Should have it installed sometimes next week and hopefully get some report back on the 2.6 conquer track.

Cheers......

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Just got out for the first ride on the Conquer 2.6
Mostly in the flats tree riding nothing crazy but 1.5 feet of pow on a solid base boon docking. It indeed reduces carving effort by about 25% as advertised. Comparing it directly to my better halves 850 with the stock 3" track.
Way more precise controls and holds a line easier. As well it feels more stable crossing tracks. This is just a preliminary test in a honey hole the steeper rougher riding areas do not have enough snow for riding in steep and deep conditions.
My Gut feel is that this is a much better option than locking out the T motion.
Now I just need to get more snow to compare its climbing capabilities to the 3" 16 wide. Again gut feel is we are giving up a bit for that awesome super easy handling. More to come when it snows some more.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
A little update on this track -- it is way soft for spring riding--the paddles bend over and it spins very easy. I never did get it into any fluffy powder, but would guess it will shine there. It is so soft that it stretches like a bungee cord and I had to run it way tighter than the stocker to keep it from ratcheting.

Premium Features