• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Premium Feature: Snowest's "SpotMe"

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
Hi Christopher, just wondering if you were able to get a slowest discount with Spot both for purchase and service plans? The Spot X has been released and sells for $350 Can. Looks like one I would upgrade to? :)

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
Hi Christopher, just wondering if you were able to get a snowest discount with Spot both for purchase and service plans? The Spot X has been released and sells for $350 Can. Looks like one I would upgrade to? :)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hi Christopher, just wondering if you were able to get a snowest discount with Spot both for purchase and service plans? The Spot X has been released and sells for $350 Can. Looks like one I would upgrade to? :)
Its not the cost of the SPOT, its the yearly support contract that is a BEAR.
Thats where they make all their money.
You can frequently get a deal on one of the devices, but I have found NO sure fire strategy for a good price on the yearly subscription.

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
I think they pissed a lot of people off over the last couple years! I dumped mine, then signed back up when they offered it to me for 50 bucks for the year. That just ran out about 2 months ago so I dumped 'em again! :D

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I have a Garmin Inreach, does this feature work with that? If so how do I go about setting it up?

I don't know if we can duplicate this with Inreach or not.
But I do have plans on looking into it AFTER we get the new forums up and running.

SPOT has priced themselves OUT of our market unfortunately and InReach has priced themselves INTO it instead.

Tried to pick up a cheap used InReach this week on E-Bay and got outbid.

Premium Features