• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil?

snowracer21

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2012
I know it's been beaten to death on the stock sled forums...but what about turbos?

I've ran both Mystik and Lucas oil Full-syn snowmobile oils on my relatively stock RMKs, with zero issues...verified by compression checks.

This year, I have a 2017 AXYS Rmk Pro 800, zero miles, and just installed a Silber turbo kit (non-intercooled).

I know Silber recommends Polaris VES... I ride a lot..and with the added boost, I'll be going through a lot more oil than last year. VES is $50. Mystik is ~$20/gallon, and I can get Lucas (full syn snowmobile) for ~$25/gallon. Both meet/exceed specs.

Assuming I go through 10 gallons (low estimate) this season, that's a rather large savings... I know I shouldn't worry about the added expense of the VES oil, but if the other options are half the price, and produce the same results...it would be dumb not to run the less expensive option.

What are you turbo guys running for oil?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I know it's been beaten to death on the stock sled forums...but what about turbos?

I've ran both Mystik and Lucas oil Full-syn snowmobile oils on my relatively stock RMKs, with zero issues...verified by compression checks.

This year, I have a 2017 AXYS Rmk Pro 800, zero miles, and just installed a Silber turbo kit (non-intercooled).

I know Silber recommends Polaris VES... I ride a lot..and with the added boost, I'll be going through a lot more oil than last year. VES is $50. Mystik is ~$20/gallon, and I can get Lucas (full syn snowmobile) for ~$25/gallon. Both meet/exceed specs.

Assuming I go through 10 gallons (low estimate) this season, that's a rather large savings... I know I shouldn't worry about the added expense of the VES oil, but if the other options are half the price, and produce the same results...it would be dumb not to run the less expensive option.

What are you turbo guys running for oil?

Not sure if you have access to shell advanced snow ultra oil but it's the good stuff, that and the amsoil you cannot go wrong. I run the shell, have ran it on stock sleds for over 6 years now and turbos, my turbo sled I turned up the oiling as well over factory. I've overhauled many of my sleds and found how the exhaust valves are never gummed up and so on. You cannot go wrong with it. I also like that I get 5L of it for the same or less price over the 3.7L of polaris oil.

Last edited:
S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
I look at it like I do the fuel. sliber tested and tuned with lo-led avgas not that a splash of race gas or even a good octane boost wouldn't work {or get the job done} but its just not the same! to me oils are the same you can get a oil that is just as good "maybe even better" but the way it burns is different! maybe better!! maybe not? but that would be up to you or others to decide {test and tune in long term and multitude of conditions } im pretty sure any good oil would be fine but for me ill pay the extra $$$ just to know that my sled/turbo runs like they clamed skies in the air and flipper to the bar for miles and miles!!! happy riding ether way :D

Premium Features