• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Issues with Axys aluminum a-arms

Gunk

Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2015
north west Iowa
we just got back from a trip , snow is low and hard, three of use on new Axys hitting every stump, tree, rock and just hard pack, never bent a one! we all got thrown off several times! one guy hit a tree so hard dirrectly on the a arms knocked all the side pannels off and the hood, i tore my tunnel jumping a log, no problems im not even going to cary an extra set after that trip

F

fastrack0

Mar 28, 2014
Penticton, BC
we just got back from a trip , snow is low and hard, three of use on new Axys hitting every stump, tree, rock and just hard pack, never bent a one! we all got thrown off several times! one guy hit a tree so hard dirrectly on the a arms knocked all the side pannels off and the hood, i tore my tunnel jumping a log, no problems im not even going to cary an extra set after that trip

Same here. I've hit my a-arms on trees 3 times so far and everything is still in perfect condition. I guess I've been lucky :)

Oct 26, 2013
New parts# for 2017

Apparently there is a new parts# for all the the arms for 2017, for example lower left in natural aluminium is 1824533-309 for 2017 and for 2016 it is 2206259-309. Anyone knows what the difference is?

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Apparently there is a new parts# for all the the arms for 2017, for example lower left in natural aluminium is 1824533-309 for 2017 and for 2016 it is 2206259-309. Anyone knows what the difference is?

the krylon touch:face-icon-small-hap

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I highly recommend KMOD A Arms. Much better than stock or other aftermarket products IMO. I run the 37 KMOD A Arms. I love them and they are much tougher than stock.

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
I'm going to be looking at aftermarket arms over the summer. I bought an axys 3 days ago. Second ride I had a very light impact with a stump on the side of the ski. It wasn't a jolt just a light nudge just barely enough to know that I hit something and the lower arm was bent.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Be careful about beefing up the a-arms too much gentlemen.

Those arms are designed to bend before taking out a bulkhead or bending a tunnel, and doing either will cost you 10x that of the a-arms. Just a word to the wise :)

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Be careful about beefing up the a-arms too much gentlemen.

Those arms are designed to bend before taking out a bulkhead or bending a tunnel, and doing either will cost you 10x that of the a-arms. Just a word to the wise :)

Alternative impact gives before a bulkhead too. At least on some hits. Ask me how I know:)

Superduty348

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
BC
Well after reading all 11 pages and a buddy went through 3 lower arms this season. We took it to work to have the bent A arm tested to see what material Polaris was using....
This is what we determined... Polaris is using 6061-0 thats why there are soooo many A arms are bending so easily!!! I bet if you stripped them down and go them heat treated to T6 there would be alot less failures. Just an observation.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Well after reading all 11 pages and a buddy went through 3 lower arms this season. We took it to work to have the bent A arm tested to see what material Polaris was using....
This is what we determined... Polaris is using 6061-0 thats why there are soooo many A arms are bending so easily!!! I bet if you stripped them down and go them heat treated to T6 there would be alot less failures. Just an observation.

That's great info! It is just plain stupid for them to have not heat treated them. They should be heat treated before the final machine work, ideally. Short of that the heat treater needs to have a jig to verify they stayed straight / straighten prior to the chemical quench.

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
I started this thread last year because I wrecked my a-arm in the first 10miles on what I considered to be a very light hit. Switched to zbros and wasn't very impressed with their upper a-arms. Settled on zbros lowers and stock uppers with fox evol3's. In light of the whole 850 bulkhead scenario I'm glad the arms are on the weak side. I've been running the source innovation a-arm braces this season with great success. 2400 miles (80 days) on stock lowers and uppers this year with no problems.

Premium Features