• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris are you kidding me!!!!!

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
No way you would catch me on one of those tanks!!!
Well not to be devil's advocate but u said you'd rather have reliability than power to weight ratio. Can't talk out both sides a ur mouth ya know.

Fwiw I'm very happy with what Poos given us last 10 years.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Well not to be devil's advocate but u said you'd rather have reliability than power to weight ratio. Can't talk out both sides a ur mouth ya know.

Fwiw I'm very happy with what Poos given us last 10 years.

I mean that along the lines of Instead of giving us something new and untested, give me something that is proven true and so far the AXYS seems to be it. I don't own an AXYS and probably won't anytime soon just because I can't afford it currently but I have ridden a buddy's a few times and it is an unbelievable machine. The reliability of the 800HO is great along with the power to weight ratio.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
I mean that along the lines of Instead of giving us something new and untested, give me something that is proven true and so far the AXYS seems to be it. I don't own an AXYS and probably won't anytime soon just because I can't afford it currently but I have ridden a buddy's a few times and it is an unbelievable machine. The reliability of the 800HO is great along with the power to weight ratio.
Lol k I was going the wrong way with that. I agree 800 ho has been as good as any 5 years running!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Hence the reason i eluded to "old big bores and triples". There are a select few people here that believe they should bring back the old engines such as the cat 1000, cat 900, etc. Its not going to happen so get the **** over it. Also if you want to ride a pig of a 2 stroke triple you might as well just be on a 4 stroke. These new machines are designed to be sleek, slender, technical riding animals. They are NOT designed to be heavy, trail friendly, highmarking tanks that some guys seem to want (i bet the cat dealer here still has a king cat in the crate for you idiots.
The thing with sledding is...there is a fairly large group of riders who are really worried about slight improvements or advantages to sled A or sled B....but not worried at all about how their skill/experience level/conditioning affect their riding. It's weird, and a very prominent "thing" in sledding. More people overestimate their skills than any other sport/activity I've been involved in. These are usually the people most worried when the manufacturers don't come out with an extra 5hp and a new widget every year. Whereas the actually decent riders accept that they're not wringing every last drop out of a modern sled....because those limits are quite high. And as you say...none of these guys want to go back to an old triple, and there is 0 chance that's what Polaris will do.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
The thing with sledding is...there is a fairly large group of riders who are really worried about slight improvements or advantages to sled A or sled B....but not worried at all about how their skill/experience level/conditioning affect their riding. It's weird, and a very prominent "thing" in sledding. More people overestimate their skills than any other sport/activity I've been involved in. These are usually the people most worried when the manufacturers don't come out with an extra 5hp and a new widget every year. Whereas the actually decent riders accept that they're not wringing every last drop out of a modern sled....because those limits are quite high. And as you say...none of these guys want to go back to an old triple, and there is 0 chance that's what Polaris will do.
Got to admit though the sounds of those triples were nice :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
This!!!! Burandt and his ilk r about the only ones riding stockers to the limit! Anyone else should just clamp it and start practicing.

Funny story... several years ago riding the UP.... friend was complaining about his short track MXZ cause he'd been stuck in a ravine for hours and it was getting dark. Us longtrackers had been whipping circles around him for hours while digging him out periodically....

Well my other buddy (best rider I know personally) kinda wasn't looking for excuses. He jumped on that shorty and BRAAP BRAAAAP held it WFO going up and down the drainage like 5 times! We were impressed to say the least. Finally he pulls up an hops off, says, "Sled runs fine to me."

Kinda like all the golfers like to blame it on their clubs. Meanwhile I maintain a scratch handicap with 1987 Hogan Medallions that are so worn out you can't even see grooves in the face.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
bryceraisanen did your other buddy walk out that ravine??? or ride a nicer sled out?? no their very feu that ride a sled to its limits but its ben that way from day 1 theirs all ways some one that can ride better than you but a nicer sled can close that gap!! put burandt on a 440 jag with a 5/8 short track and ill eat his lunch all day long on the axys...am I a better rider than him lol not even close!!! but the sled we sit on can make all the difference! I do things on my 800 axys 155 2.6 that I still cant do on some of my older sleds all thanks to the TECK. that Polaris has put in them... in the end you might be surprised with your self if you just get a set of clubs that aren't worn out so bad you can't even see grooves in the face. will it make a bad golfer good mmmm no. will it make a good golfer better? yea.
I agree that years of practice builds skill and we can all use more of that but theirs no way you can nock the TECK. that is in the new sleds. I remember the sleds from the 80\90\2000 and now and all I can say is I'm excited to see what is next!!

M
Dec 5, 2008
7c320e4d39e1a0a4519cfc9ee777e101.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm sure the extra track length of the Switchback helped with that.

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
Its funny, after seeing this thread i couldnt help but post. Im a cat guy, but wanna venture out into the world of poo. This year they release the sks in 146 which nails what im looking for in a sled. Basically out the door price is gonna determine if i order a 153 m8 snopro or a sks 146. Spring check time.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Its funny, after seeing this thread i couldnt help but post. Im a cat guy, but wanna venture out into the world of poo. This year they release the sks in 146 which nails what im looking for in a sled. Basically out the door price is gonna determine if i order a 153 m8 snopro or a sks 146. Spring check time.
This help ya out any?
2115550b9b102232ef41869652dff3cb.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Seriously did you just say that??? The OEM shouldn't break in the first place. The track shouldn't need to be clipped it's a crap track design. The stock 39 to 41 is too wide and should be 37 to 39 in the first place or at least 38 to 40. I've never seen anyone run wider than 39. Too many of these sleds fall on their face rpm wise after a few hundred miles and respond horribly to altitude and temperature changes. The electrical components suck. The motor is weak compared to the Doo and probably the new Cat.

Polaris is slipping back and not addressing any of these issues is disappointing to me. You guys believe what you like but I'm sick of turning 7800 rpm every time I get over 8500 ft elevation and the dealers can't find anything wrong so I spend hundreds chasing Polaris gremlins. And the grooves wearing into my track at 200 miles are not a figment of my imagination, and no my track is not loose I just ride it on edge a lot.
sounds like you need to go to a different sled. TBH I'm thinking about seeing if someone wants to trade my kmod 37" front for a zbroz 39". 37 has been too easy lately with the deep snow we have been having.

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
sounds like you need to go to a different sled. TBH I'm thinking about seeing if someone wants to trade my kmod 37" front for a zbroz 39". 37 has been too easy lately with the deep snow we have been having.

I'll take your k mod 37 and can get you screaming deal on Zbroz front end... Pm me for info

Premium Features