• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS Down on 1500RPM

R
Jan 10, 2016
Not very active on here but going to jump in on this and offer up an opinion. I am a dealership tech/service manager and have to say I wouldn't be happy with how it's been handled to this point either. With an issue like this technology can be your friend. I read through what has been done to this point. Again just my opinion but here goes. this system is unique compared to past systems as it is an entirely dc system. With that being said, at the rpm the issues are occurring demand for electrical output is the highest. Polaris is using capacitor to essentially smooth out supply voltage to Ecu and other components, start here. All need to be charged, discharged and tested. Bad voltage in, bad out. Should be able to graph data with digital wrench to see if at the rpm the issue is occurring if injector supply voltage is dropping or if any other critical voltages are changing. Low supply voltage=lazy injectors, poor fuel pump performance and the list goes on. Also if this doesn't yield anything I have in the past re-flashed a computer to different injector color code to see if issue is rich or lean condition, just don't currently remember which color was which direction. Yellow was middle of road, but if improvement was made this point directly to fuel delivery issue....replace injectors. I have not tried this on an axys, so can't say for certain it's possible without dw in front of me It's becoming common for injector tips to clog and performance to fade, have had success in ultra-sonic cleaning. My money is on the issue being electrical, it literally would take your dealer 20min to swap out chassis harness/capacitors from known good machine to try and resolve issue. There is more potential causes to this issue, just throwing some ideas out there. Hopefully it helps, the longer I think about this may come up with some more potential causes. its a machine it can be fixed just stay on your dealer. Not sure lemon law would apply in this situation as there hasn't been a "major" failure. Don't quote me on that though a bar stool is a far cry from the bar exam.

M

MBR44

Nov 26, 2007
Gaylord, MI
Thanks for the advise, I will pass it along. Spoke to my buddy that is a lawyer and lemon law is not an option.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Thanks for the advise, I will pass it along. Spoke to my buddy that is a lawyer and lemon law is not an option.

How do the laws apply or NOT apply in your state?
Why did your buddy advise you that it wasn't an option?

M

MBR44

Nov 26, 2007
Gaylord, MI
He spoke to a buddy of his that deals with lemon laws. That lawyer says it only applies to cars. I want to go through some more things on it then I will contact Polaris and go from there. I think it is something stupid and fixable, well without snow I am more optimistic. Come snow time I may be not so optimistic esp since I missed snowcheck. Starting to miss the ole 1200 triple.

R
Jan 10, 2016
Like I said only offering up an opinion. We all know how those are. Knowing how the process works, a call to the Polaris consumer services line is a good place to start. Will be forwarded to tech service, they will then call the dealer and asses the situation. This will get Polaris involved from both the technical side and the corporate side. If dealership hasn't already consulted with Polaris will also force that interaction. Over the years have had a few that have either been close to going back to engineering or tech service has been close to coming in field, been lucky enough to prevent it before it happened. Have only had one buy back of a different brand that decided to window the case repeatedly. If you were in MN I'd love the challenge. but best of luck and if you have any more questions feel free.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Not very active on here but going to jump in on this and offer up an opinion. I am a dealership tech/service manager and have to say I wouldn't be happy with how it's been handled to this point either. With an issue like this technology can be your friend. I read through what has been done to this point. Again just my opinion but here goes. this system is unique compared to past systems as it is an entirely dc system. With that being said, at the rpm the issues are occurring demand for electrical output is the highest. Polaris is using capacitor to essentially smooth out supply voltage to Ecu and other components, start here. All need to be charged, discharged and tested. Bad voltage in, bad out. Should be able to graph data with digital wrench to see if at the rpm the issue is occurring if injector supply voltage is dropping or if any other critical voltages are changing. Low supply voltage=lazy injectors, poor fuel pump performance and the list goes on. Also if this doesn't yield anything I have in the past re-flashed a computer to different injector color code to see if issue is rich or lean condition, just don't currently remember which color was which direction. Yellow was middle of road, but if improvement was made this point directly to fuel delivery issue....replace injectors. I have not tried this on an axys, so can't say for certain it's possible without dw in front of me It's becoming common for injector tips to clog and performance to fade, have had success in ultra-sonic cleaning. My money is on the issue being electrical, it literally would take your dealer 20min to swap out chassis harness/capacitors from known good machine to try and resolve issue. There is more potential causes to this issue, just throwing some ideas out there. Hopefully it helps, the longer I think about this may come up with some more potential causes. its a machine it can be fixed just stay on your dealer. exam.

Ahhh....I remember saying the same exact thing last week??....here's a well-written synopsis written by an obviously smart Polaris Tech saying the same thing. I hope you are being paid well enough. Techs that understand the "systems" of todays technology in this and the automotive repair/service industry usually aren't paid on par with their abilities and investments.

Premium Features