• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rino 650 user report

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
uploadfromtaptalk1459976860009.jpg
I just cropped a pic.
It is a ram mount attached to the steering post. I have a green Nite-Ize twist tie going thru the loop on the back of the rino to make sure i don't lose it if the plastic mount breaks.

GS6

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
View attachment 269658
I just cropped a pic.
It is a ram mount attached to the steering post. I have a green Nite-Ize twist tie going thru the loop on the back of the rino to make sure i don't lose it if the plastic mount breaks.

GS6

Thank you for posting that. I was trying to figure out a way to keep the cat handlebar bag and mount the rino on it as well. This is it!!!

M

minus40

Oct 22, 2001
I have a 650. I love it, but I wish the screen was larger.

With the polling, I don't believe they update where your buddies are unless they push the polling button to update themselves manually. is this correct, or is there something in the settings that will allow it to automatically?

You can poll the location of others on the 120, they just have to have their rino on. If I can remember you need to have them entered as a contact, highlight them and poll location. There might be a setting to allow polling. Haven't done it for a while now but thats what I recall.
Although I have not used my new 650 yet I did that all the time on my 120 while hunting and I would hope they would have kept that feature. Works well.

I just confirmed that YES the 650 will poll a contact. Tried it out between my 120 and 650. So keep tabs on the buddies without them knowing!

Last edited:

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
You can poll the location of others on the 120, they just have to have their rino on. If I can remember you need to have them entered as a contact, highlight them and poll location. There might be a setting to allow polling. Haven't done it for a while now but thats what I recall.
Although I have not used my new 650 yet I did that all the time on my 120 while hunting and I would hope they would have kept that feature. Works well.

I just confirmed that YES the 650 will poll a contact. Tried it out between my 120 and 650. So keep tabs on the buddies without them knowing!

All the Rinos will poll each other and function together.

M

minus40

Oct 22, 2001
All the Rinos will poll each other and function together.

Yes, I guess the point I was trying to get across is:
The fellows where wondering about using it to find the location of an unconscious or buried person and yes that will work if the settings are correct. Of course that depends on the signal getting out but that's not the issue being discussed

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Thank u.
I did not know that.
I got my information from a few posts on radio forums that were complaining about the fact that rinos only transmit location when they key up.

GS6

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Yes, I guess the point I was trying to get across is:

The fellows where wondering about using it to find the location of an unconscious or buried person and yes that will work if the settings are correct. Of course that depends on the signal getting out but that's not the issue being discussed

I see, I should have read back a bit-my fault.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont

Do you know which settings will make that happen?

M

minus40

Oct 22, 2001
Do you know which settings will make that happen?

In radio settings, set "allow polling" to on. Also check to see if "send location" is on.

To poll someone ( allow poll setting enabled on theirs ) go into contacts from radio page, tap the contact you want to poll and then tap "poll location"

There likely is other ways to access this but this way works. I always make sure everyone keys up to send location before hand so you have them as contacts if you don't already.

Premium Features