• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Pro Rmk Silber Reflash Final Adjustments

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
when is the next time you can get it out ?
i'm leaning toward clutching for you cause of the high Rs you seem already

i've never seen anywhere close to those Rs

i wonder if there's any chance you've got a higher psi spring in the BOV ? worth a check do you have a boost gauge ?

the 7t drivers will gear you down quite a bit so that will play into clutching as well

did you say your running 10 lbs of boost ?

Last edited:
H

hankohlson

Dec 2, 2007
HOOD RIVER OR
Yeah i will try to get a good reading next time out. I thought about the 2 thin washers also. Ill probably give that a shot. Im getting the tps checked this week also. Hopefully its that and it takes care of the high idle too. Bov spring is what came in the kit. It has some scoring in it like a stuck piston. I cleaned it up and lubed it.

Ya the guage bounces all over but around 10psi

Last edited:
H

hankohlson

Dec 2, 2007
HOOD RIVER OR
Ya I hope its not that. It did it from day 1 with the turbo at 217 miles on the sled. I wouldnt think so, but could be. I did read somewhere if you cycle the kill switch off real quick when its idleing high and it drops idle to normal its likely electrical. On mine it drops the idle right down. I woulf imagine if it were a leaky crank seal the lean condition wouldnt just stop due to a quick ignition stop. ??

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Nope, would not. My 13 had a high idle all of a sudden and would come down after idling for a while, idle was out of adjustment but base was good.

H

hankohlson

Dec 2, 2007
HOOD RIVER OR
I will need to read up on the tps adjustment. Is there a difference or better way to do it than just the digital wrench at the dealer? I cant remember the last time i paid someone to work on my toys.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
hey AK

why would he see 10 lbs of boost don't the external kits come with 7 lb springs ?

if you running 10 lbs you probably don't have near enough weight in it

3-6000' 78-80g for 10 lbs (off silber site )

maybe this doesn't apply to the external

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
hey AK

why would he see 10 lbs of boost don't the external kits come with 7 lb springs ?

if you running 10 lbs you probably don't have near enough weight in it

3-6000' 78-80g for 10 lbs (off silber site )

maybe this doesn't apply to the external

You can put what spring is wanted, if he has a 7 pound spring and is seeing 10+ then there may be a leak on the wastegate. I have a 3, 5 and 7 spring, you simply change springs to get desired psi.

I have 83 grams for 2500' at 7psi.

I like to shoot for 8350-8400 on the Pro engine.

H

hankohlson

Dec 2, 2007
HOOD RIVER OR
I dont have much faith in the gauge that came with the kit. Its small without much sweep and it vibrates around a lot. I originally had the red bolts and 3 thin washers, 77 grams, and it only pulled 7800-7900, Still cut out at WOT.

TPS will get checked asap. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

Anyone have a good write up or procedure to pressure test the entire system? I've got a leak down tester and was thinking about just capping off the intake and muffler end. Would that work to say 10 psi? do not want to compromise any seals.

Last edited:

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
I dont have much faith in the gauge that came with the kit. Its small without much sweep and it vibrates around a lot. I originally had the red bolts and 3 thin washers, 77 grams, and it only pulled 7800-7900, Still cut out at WOT.

TPS will get checked asap. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

Anyone have a good write up or procedure to pressure test the entire system? I've got a leak down tester and was thinking about just capping off the intake and muffler end. Would that work to say 10 psi? do not want to compromise any seals.

Thats how i check them. I usually test them up to 20psi cause ocasionally like to turn boost up to 15. And it will check the exh side aswell which runs higher pressure then the boost. Is best to supply air to the turbo inlet because perfect reeds will seal off air from getting to the charge air side if supply air is installed at exh muffler outlet.

Last edited:
H

hankohlson

Dec 2, 2007
HOOD RIVER OR
FAIL

So I pressurized the system yesterday and it failed miserably. I sprayed soapy water at any suspect joint and both exhaust joints foamed up as well as the billet throttle body connection. On the air compressor (regulator set to about 15psi) it would hold about 5-ish psi. Didn't see anything at the pto crank seal.

What pressure should the exhaust be able to hold? I thought I read somewhere about guys shooting for a 3-5psi pipe pressure in a custom turbo application. I think new springs/donuts silicone should take care of that.

On the throttle body, the little spring clamps that tie the coolant line between the throttle bodies were preventing the boot from completely sealing. This was pumping a volume of air.

Throttle bodies on the bench and will be tested/set to spec as well. New reeds going in as well.

Plan is to get reeds in and reassemble everything and go again on the pressure test. IMO if I were any turbo manufacturer I would recommend this at the first sign of any runability issues. Install is crucial and totally out of their control. The best help over the phone or email sometime doesn't get it done. It would save a lot of headaches, TIME, and changing random parts.

dragrace1933

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2013
valley WA
silber turbo flawless

i run 100% av and polaris gold 100 to 1 premix in tank, stock plugs outta the ngk box( no gapping), 8250 - 8350 rpm, 78.5 gram rooster weights, pink primary, straight 46 helix, black lime green seconday, 20 top 42 lower gear ,7 tooth 3 O avids, 163 3.25 camo extreme. all at 11 psi with 2860 external waste gate with manual knob at elevations from 5-7k - REVY, LADY BIRD,TRESTLE, SUPERIOR. double springs and a hot dogger haha . Mountain Fit custom headlight delete air intake box.stores.mountainfithoods.net/ tps set at .94 v. stock head, V force 3 reeds, Bike man longjevity kit, I recently had to put a crank in broke a rod at 2200 MILES of boosted fun. Silber reflash with injectors, I ride the hell out of the trees and i absolutly love this thing. does bog once in a blue moon nothing to bitch about. Thought id throw out there what im running and having great success with even in handle bar deep snow on off the throttle. Hope the info helps. Might be the air intake the makes mine work, havnt heard any thing about people trying bigger boxes i know a sock doesnt seem to work on a two stroke like they do on a four stroke in deep powder. Call him he doesnt have on his web page. Valley Wa 99181

Last edited:
Premium Features