• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Making a Pro last and ride correctly...

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
ROFL.
Someone define "keyboard balls" for me.
Add to the above description of forums: "A place to insult other people and become butt hurt for no reason."
Snowest is the best place to shake your banana!

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
My favorite die hard poo comment... "but comparing the t3 to a pro is like comparing apples to oranges" WOW, what a frickin cry baby excuse. The t3 163 is apples to apples with the TD pro 163. It's the best sled poo has to offer, it's the best sled doo has to offer.

I didn't hear any excuses when cat put a 2.6 on their sleds.

Is a duramax any less of an engine because it's a 6.6 and Cummins is 6.7? Can't I compare them because one engine has more displacement than the other? Of course I can. It's what that manufacturer is offering at the moment whether you like it or not

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Probably the best day/conditions of the year today and not once did we compare which brand climbed slightly higher. Pulled the most reliable sled home with the least reliable sled, but that was the end of the day so no biggie.

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
Probably the best day/conditions of the year today and not once did we compare which brand climbed slightly higher. Pulled the most reliable sled home with the least reliable sled, but that was the end of the day so no biggie.

No but I see a bunch of world class keyboard danglers. You know who can type the most words per minute who can post the most post in the shortest amount of time ect.. Come on guys unless you're from Washington get out n ride if you are from Washington then by all means please continue.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Pizzing contest aside, the pol has many aspects of the chasis that are ahead of the doo. The use of adhesive, 2 piece bulkhead, belt drive, coil over rear suspension would all be pretty likely to surface in doos next chassis. Concurrently, pol may adapt a teeter totter, flex track, etc. The doo direct injection engine, is a generation ahead of pol...more power and reliability. Just like the pol chassis is ahead of doo...lighter and just as strong.

Don't forget a bulkhead that doesn't bend when the A-arms break or hit something. The Proride is the stiffest most rigid chassis to date. Lets the front suspension work.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I'm happy that both BRP and Polaris both build a fricken awesome sled. Both of them can be picked apart with certain issues. We demand high horsepower engines installed in the lightest chassis possible, yet people expect them to last forever and not wrinkle a tunnel or an E or S module when they are treated like a tank.

Please let it snow in the Pacific NW.

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
I love my T3, also wish it had the front end durability of the Pro's.... Wish we could have it all! Agree, get out and ride with whichever sled puts a smile on your face. After all, it's just a sport that helps us all feel like kids again when we are out on the mountain, regardless of the brand name on the side of our sled.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I know what your initial thought is. WTF he is in the wrong section... No i am just here to make an observation. Ski doo comes out with T-motion, everyone that doesn't ride a ski doo calls it stupid and unneeded. then a company makes Pro-motion for the Polaris and it is great! S-36 front end is too narrow and it sucks. Now everyone rocks a 36" front end on their Pro. Then to top it all they have to use our oil caps because the Polaris one is not vented and causing low oil usage and blowing up.. I am not brand loyal by any means, I will always ride the chassis I enjoy the most and lasts the longest. EVERY Pro EXCEPT one that we ride with which is 10 now I have towed out of the mountains with either an engine failure or belt drive failure...
You have a point. It is all so laughable isnt it? Everyone in this section used at to swear the xp was the best mountain sled out. Then why is it they had to narrow it up more than any other manf. And add t-motion flex track. All of the sudden people from other brands started to take note and some even made the switch. If the xp was so great how come all this was needed. Now add all of this narrowness and dongleness to a pro and the thing is almost a snow bike.

Last edited:

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Lol. To be real honest, the customer base has a lot to do with Poo's reliability issues. IN GENERAL, Doo guys tend to be a little older, little more methodical in our riding, and spend more money on the sport. (In GENERAL, nobody get panty-wadded.) :)
Poo guys tend to be 20-somethings, and ride like they just don't care. I saw a rig in the shop yesterday, a 14 Pro, missing about 10 lugs, broken track bars, and he "didn't know how that happened." Same guy had a brake fire, "didn't know how that happened." He also had mismatched a-arms throwing his camber all out of whack, a scratcher torn off, and bent steering post. After the fire, he couldn't figure out why his brakes didn't work. He was perfectly happy running it into the ground. See a lot of Pro owners like that.
Pros are also about $3000 cheaper than Doos right now.
I rode with a guy on a Pro the other day, he was WFO all day long, swamp, hills, feet flying off the back, it didn't matter. I could totally see how he would kill an engine in very few miles.
Buddy here is a 20-something Pro convert to Doo, he likes it, but he has hit two rocks hard in 200 miles, and he rides his Doo like a Pro. I will be curious to see how his holds up.
I am a Doo guy, but the first to admit that performance wise, the Pros are the sleds on top right now. (At least up to a certain, uh, 170-ish track length.)

Everyones riding area, state or country for that matter is different. No stereotypes here. Unless you want me to throw some out. LOL.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I'm happy that both BRP and Polaris both build a fricken awesome sled. Both of them can be picked apart with certain issues. We demand high horsepower engines installed in the lightest chassis possible, yet people expect them to last forever and not wrinkle a tunnel or an E or S module when they are treated like a tank.

Please let it snow in the Pacific NW.

I agree. The Doo has the motor. No one should argue that. They have a certain fit and finish about them that looks more quality. My Doo was hands down better than the Polaris I replaced it with. Then when I replaced that Doo my Polaris was hands down a better sled than the doo. Everything evolves. Right now Doo has the motor and Polaris has the chassis. But this is just what I have found and what I like.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
I know what your initial thought is. WTF he is in the wrong section... No i am just here to make an observation. Ski doo comes out with T-motion, everyone that doesn't ride a ski doo calls it stupid and unneeded. then a company makes Pro-motion for the Polaris and it is great! S-36 front end is too narrow and it sucks. Now everyone rocks a 36" front end on their Pro. Then to top it all they have to use our oil caps because the Polaris one is not vented and causing low oil usage and blowing up.. I am not brand loyal by any means, I will always ride the chassis I enjoy the most and lasts the longest. EVERY Pro EXCEPT one that we ride with which is 10 now I have towed out of the mountains with either an engine failure or belt drive failure...

Not everybody feels them are good upgrades... They do make garage riding effortless though. haha

C

Cascade Crud

Nov 21, 2008
Sultan WA
Wow what a pissing match! Here's my observation as a semi-pro rider who just switched to a XM after being a die hard cat owner who almost bought a PRO in 2013. Oh and my main riding partner as well as other team members all ride PRO's. 2013 was the magic engine year for PRO's, riding buddy put 3600 miles on his 13 then sold it and bought a 14, the 14 blew up (broken crank)stock engine w can) at 600 miles, the 13 now has over 6000 miles on it, it remains to be seen how the 15 does. I blew my 13 Cat up, I speculate i tore a intake boot when the steering broke, but I was over that garbage chasis anyway so I didnt really care. My brand new leftover 14 XM ran like garbage for the first 200 miles, it was later determined to be that the fuel presure regulator had come un screwed from the fuel pump, dealer fixed and it has run perfect ever since and i love the E-tec. The PRO chasis is hands down the best platform to cut a line sideways thru the trees. Argue all you want, this is fact. The Pro chasis sucks *** for downhill carving, it wants to go straight. The XM is frigin awesome for downhill carving and really good for banging thru the trees. The cat chasis is decent for downhill carving and is work to keep from going straight up in the trees, it can be done, but its not as easy as the others.

Heres another observation, I seriously do not understand the fascination with DOO riders and really really really really tall laid back bars, seriously? wtf? I'm 6' even and run RSI backcountry bars (3" rise) w a 3" riser, riser block completely vertical. Love it.

I deleted my stupid gimmicky t-motion. Its a total fad that the aftermarket saw a way to make a buck on, give it up, any new sled is sooooo easy to sidehill, I went timbersled and didnt look back.

36" front is awesome, I rock Zbroz arms and Exit shocks and love it.

Anyway there's way more than my $.02

Ethan T
NWFR, AA

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
it really works.:).t motion Rear suspension rolls right or left on its pivot point and the track’s outer edges flex up. This keeps more track surface on the snow when initiating sidehill maneuvers.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
it really works.:).t motion Rear suspension rolls right or left on its pivot point and the track’s outer edges flex up. This keeps more track surface on the snow when initiating sidehill maneuvers.

Except there is no sidehill maneuvers in the video????
Only smooth hard hillclimb circuit snow.
Don't most people avoid hard tracked up snow????
Would be sweet on an aggressive trail ride up a hill maybe?

Premium Features