• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 pro want to turbo it, but don't know what turbo to get.

vertical800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Columbus, ND
Yeah I know it's a PITA to get things shipped across borders. That was my original plan to take my sled up to Neil and get it installed. I'm going to have to call and talk to him again and see what he says. I'd still like to get it done by Boost-It but if not I'm going to have to try out one of the other new kits maybe.

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Why in the world would you ever want To change from air to air, to a water cooled inter cooler ??? Isn't the purpose to cool the air?

Because it works, you can actually get you charge temps down below ambient air temps in certain conditions. You won’t see to many air to air intercoolers on 2-smoker sleds any more because they can be problematic.

Last edited:

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Why in the world would you ever want To change from air to air, to a water cooled inter cooler ??? Isn't the purpose to cool the air?

Not sure if your being sarcastic or don't understand how a standalone W/A intercooler works on a sled? A standalone has its own water, water pump, and heat exchanger in the tunnel that is being cooled by the snow all the time then ran through the intercooler only and back to the heat exchanger. This is much more efficient then air to air especially for us mountain riders who aren't moving fast enough to push cool air through the air to air intercooler

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Whose kit is the best is subjective and extremely polarizing. I suggest that folks go with somebody they feel comfortable with and will provide great support. It's also not a bad idea to try and get a demo ride from a turbo dealer. I think all the well known kits are performing well and I'm sure whatever you decide you will be happy with.

With that said if you would like to discuss a Silber kit and get all the info send me a PM and I will be happy to go over the kit with you.

Premium Features