• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stock Compression or Lowerd???

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
I have my own views on this but i thought that this might be a good topic to talk about?

I personnally like to take compression out of the head or use low compression piston. The biggest reason is to give me some room for less detonation.

Give us your thoughts

G
Apr 23, 2008
Lowered , squish and bowl radius altered is my favorite to get burn speed under control . Its a must to take full advantage of your turbo and its potential.

You really should also kick timing back 2-4 for low elavations..On the plus side it creates pipe heat and makes boost recovery in on off throttle stuff even sweeter..PIPE LIKES FIRE !!!

compression ratio drop is the peter paying paul deal of boost, gotta give some on the less used end to gain some on the more usefull end..

Gus

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
And then comes the question of how low is too low for normal riding boost levels??

Gus, I got crazy busy. I still have a box here with some stuff in it for you. Dont worry, I havent forgot! Im having some issues getting a set of domes though!

Jake

T
Jul 21, 2008
www.turboboyz.com
brycter since you are a moderator you have been playing a little dumb why?

We also take material out of the squish band and redome. This works great just like dhalverson said.

yes you can take to much out of a head. we don't go more than about 20 thou. we have seen irratic burn after this amount and the sled becomes a little lazy on bottom end.

we do like to use low compression pistons on the four strokes.

www.turboboyz.net

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I said what^^^? Everything is top secret in the turbo world. Did you forget that?:D:beer;

I like to look at what the customer is looking to get out of the sled. Most applications on the Ski-Doos the stock head, even in it's poor design from the factory works good to a point. Running big boost is a downfall of the factory head. We use the turbo to make power, not the head. The head can be redesigned for a more efficient burn and more power per pound of boost, but what does the customer want to pay for? For lower applications we have to dial the compression down and the chamber gets worked over at that time too.

Dave

Premium Features