For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: TURBO Turbo discussion for Arctic Cat aftermarket turbo sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Currently: Will it snow already!?
SnoWest Sponsor: Premium Member
03rmking has a reputation beyond repute03rmking has a reputation beyond repute03rmking has a reputation beyond repute03rmking has a reputation beyond repute03rmking has a reputation beyond repute03rmking has a reputation beyond repute03rmking has a reputation beyond repute03rmking has a reputation beyond repute03rmking has a reputation beyond repute03rmking has a reputation beyond repute03rmking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why no M10 skids in turbo M sleds?

Can't say that i've ever seen a M10 skid used on a turbo M sled. Any specific reason? Seems like if a guy wanted to build a climber, M10 skid would be the ticket for keeping the front down. Proven in the 4 stroke world, but no love in the 2 strokes? Thoughts?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 05-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Currently: worked into a shoot
Snowstar has a reputation beyond reputeSnowstar has a reputation beyond reputeSnowstar has a reputation beyond reputeSnowstar has a reputation beyond reputeSnowstar has a reputation beyond reputeSnowstar has a reputation beyond reputeSnowstar has a reputation beyond reputeSnowstar has a reputation beyond reputeSnowstar has a reputation beyond reputeSnowstar has a reputation beyond reputeSnowstar has a reputation beyond repute

Expensive and heavy. KMOD has a new skid in testing that I had a chance to ride on a TTM1200. Full coupling to control transfer and nice ride down the trail. Lighter and about half the price of a M10.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Currently: Not set.
JHG has a reputation beyond reputeJHG has a reputation beyond reputeJHG has a reputation beyond reputeJHG has a reputation beyond reputeJHG has a reputation beyond reputeJHG has a reputation beyond reputeJHG has a reputation beyond reputeJHG has a reputation beyond reputeJHG has a reputation beyond reputeJHG has a reputation beyond reputeJHG has a reputation beyond repute

Lots options out there for less than three grand.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:31 PM
03rmking has a reputation beyond repute03rmking has a reputation beyond repute03rmking has a reputation beyond repute03rmking has a reputation beyond repute03rmking has a reputation beyond repute03rmking has a reputation beyond repute03rmking has a reputation beyond repute03rmking has a reputation beyond repute03rmking has a reputation beyond repute03rmking has a reputation beyond repute03rmking has a reputation beyond repute

At last check, you can get a M10 ready to rock from Fastrax for under $2k

Old 05-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Currently: Not set.
Samurai has a reputation beyond reputeSamurai has a reputation beyond reputeSamurai has a reputation beyond reputeSamurai has a reputation beyond reputeSamurai has a reputation beyond reputeSamurai has a reputation beyond reputeSamurai has a reputation beyond reputeSamurai has a reputation beyond reputeSamurai has a reputation beyond reputeSamurai has a reputation beyond reputeSamurai has a reputation beyond repute

Betting you will see the Baker conversion in many sleds turboed and non this coming season.

Last edited by Samurai; 05-19-2009 at 04:49 PM.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Currently: Boostin' all over the place!
Basic Member
triple7 has a reputation beyond reputetriple7 has a reputation beyond reputetriple7 has a reputation beyond reputetriple7 has a reputation beyond reputetriple7 has a reputation beyond reputetriple7 has a reputation beyond reputetriple7 has a reputation beyond reputetriple7 has a reputation beyond reputetriple7 has a reputation beyond reputetriple7 has a reputation beyond reputetriple7 has a reputation beyond repute

Where is a Fastrax M10 available for 2k?? Their website lists it for a bit over 3k. I want one if I can get it for 2!!

Old 05-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Currently: workin' for a livin'
FTXMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeFTXMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeFTXMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeFTXMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeFTXMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeFTXMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeFTXMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeFTXMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeFTXMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeFTXMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeFTXMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute

We can do 159's set back for the 162's based off the oem rail(with extensions) they are currently $1900.00+install kit(been doing them that way for many years). We prefer to use the CR rail so we don't have to do the setback-works well and can always be upgraded in the future.Don't be tempted to extend all the way to 162 or beyond off the rail we use-you will have track overtensioning issues!Lots of options available that can be done down the road...all with years of testing and proving to back them.
By the way, imo the newer m-sleds stay pretty flat even with a little boost-I think thats why you don't see a bunch of them out there with M-10's and the like...
curt

The Northwests only FULL service shop catering to all makes and models!
E-Mail/Call/PM us with any of your questions regarding Parts,upgrades,accessories and quality service for all of your offroad toys!

Old 05-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Currently: Super Chuten
b1dodge has a reputation beyond reputeb1dodge has a reputation beyond reputeb1dodge has a reputation beyond reputeb1dodge has a reputation beyond reputeb1dodge has a reputation beyond reputeb1dodge has a reputation beyond reputeb1dodge has a reputation beyond reputeb1dodge has a reputation beyond reputeb1dodge has a reputation beyond reputeb1dodge has a reputation beyond reputeb1dodge has a reputation beyond repute

i have ridden a m1200 t on big boost with an m10 a 174. it is a chute climber and the m10 keeps the nose planted at all times..... i didnt like it anywhere else but you point it up a chute and the nose stays down. i also had the privilege of riding with shane of twisted turbos m1200 t and he was running a Kmod with a 174 and it also did very well on the long steep stuff. the kmod is cheaper, lighter, and i believe its a great way to have the best of all worlds.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:00 PM

I've had one of FTX's sub $2k M10 on my Apex for years and it works like a champ. No matter how steep, lift was never an issue.

At 8lbs on a 153" M8, its a fight keeping the nose down. So if I do a race kit this summer, i definitely need some improvement over the stock skid. M10's a proven climbing skid in my book.