• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mcx Nytro Owners

D
Nov 26, 2007
What are you guys running for clutch setups? I know alot of u guys dont tell people, but some of us would like some help. I can not get over 8000 rpm on a big hill after I get over 7500ft in elevation. It tachs great down the trail. I lightened the rivets at the end of my weights by half a gram from 4.5 to 4 grams. My shockwave is as tight as it will go. It tachs a little better after doing this but does not pull as hard IMO. I am running 14 lbs. Thanks for the help. drinkwyo

D

DARKO

Nov 21, 2007
Kelowna, BC.
What weights, springs, rollers are you running?

Shockwave tightened all the way, steepest angle, or weakest ?

J

jmoore

Dec 15, 2007
WYO
What are you guys running for clutch setups? I know alot of u guys dont tell people, but some of us would like some help. I can not get over 8000 rpm on a big hill after I get over 7500ft in elevation. It tachs great down the trail. I lightened the rivets at the end of my weights by half a gram from 4.5 to 4 grams. My shockwave is as tight as it will go. It tachs a little better after doing this but does not pull as hard IMO. I am running 14 lbs. Thanks for the help. drinkwyo

Drink.. Are you still running the stock weights or did you go to the 8-bu-00?
The stock weights are 8fs and with 4.5 in the bottom and in the middle. leave the top empty. I use the stock green spring in the primary and went with the shockwave and the grey apex spring for better side pressure. My shock wave is two full turns out. it tachs at 8700 at 15lbs I run boondockers turbo. With the timbersled 162 I ride in wyo at 8500 feet to 11000 feet. Let me know what you got and were you ride. In my group of riders we have 3 turbo and 2 supers.
David

D
Nov 26, 2007
my weights only have 2 rivets. 1 in the middle and 1 on the toe. So i have no top hole to leave empty. The primary spring is a black with a blue/green/blue mark. I know i paid for a clutch set up with the turbo so i do not know what is stock and what is not as far as weights and springs. The secondary spring is a black/pink with a shockwave helix. Thanks guys

J

jmoore

Dec 15, 2007
WYO
weights??

Drink
sounds like you have 8bu weights and the profile is too extreme for higher elevations. At least I couldn't get them to work.
If you would like pm me with your # and I would be more than happy to tell you what I have learned so far.
David

S
Nov 29, 2007
North Idaho
I am running 8bu weights in mine and I couldnt pull rpm on a steep climb my shockwave is almost all the way in. I went to a lighter rivet on the tip then when I got it from the turbo guys. I am a little confused putting the lighter rivet in didnt change my rpm on a pull only on the trail and not a real noticable amount, I only noticed it a lot when the skies were straight up and down and that was the rev limiter. As soon as I put my sled on a hill it pulls 14 pounds and gradually backs rpm down to 8500 and boost falls to a constant 12pounds and never regains. the secondary spring is a yamaha black pink, what are your belts looking like on your nytros, mine are getting real hot along with my clutches, they are glazing and starting to crack in the lugs whats this telling you clutching gooroos. pm me any advice or complete clutch set up's would be appreciated.

S
Nov 26, 2007
spring creek, nv.
I am running 8bu-oo loaded with about 2 grams welded on the end, 14.5 rollers, y-p-y spring, 47 degree helix pink yamaha at 100 degrees at 10,000 ft. mcx at 15lbs works great. 80 mph track speed today in 1-2 ft. of fresh climbing.

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
The shockwave is tightened all the way to the right for the most rpm.

Don't get me wrong here I use the shockwave helix as well but this is the very problem with useing the sec. clutch to control rpm..That work should be done with the primary. If your clutches are getting hot you have slippage. which means either the primary or sec is not griping the belt. I found the 8bu too light a weight even fully loaded I run the dalton adjustable weights with the b/w/b spring and a cat sec spring(an ABSOLUTE must)purple and my shockwave is used only to sdjust to snow conditions. It is set @ 49 deg and will rev to 9100 on the trail and 87-8800 on the pulls.

Are you running the stock track???It folding over will result in an overshift in your clutches which will not pull back, unless you almost stop and start over Just some ideas...hope they help.....02:D

S
Nov 29, 2007
North Idaho
if your running 8bus loaded and your still not pulling rpm then they are to heavy right? mine are loaded even lighter then when I got it and still cant pull r's on the hill, going to a heavier weight would make this worse, what other reasons for it not pulling r's on the hill with stock track and gearing?

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
if your running 8bus loaded and your still not pulling rpm then they are to heavy right? mine are loaded even lighter then when I got it and still cant pull r's on the hill, going to a heavier weight would make this worse, what other reasons for it not pulling r's on the hill with stock track and gearing?

If your stock track is folding over you might be overshifting, running a longer sec spring will put more pressure on your belt but will not fix the overshift problem.

The only reason I mentioned about the heavier weights is that with 245 hp you should EASILY pull the 8bus fully loaded and at least a 47 degree sec setting.:eek:

What primary spring are you using? Stock rollers? :confused:

If you lighten up your weights (or try adding some boost) and you still can't pull the weight with a good sec spring then your track is causing the problem..Guy here with a supercharger had the same issue until he changed the track out:present::beer;

Last edited:
D
Nov 26, 2007
8BU with 4.5 and 4.0 in end b-g-b primary with 14.5 rollers black pink secondary with shockwave. not liking it so far I guess I will see if i can get a diff track under it. I just can not imagine that because a track folds over it robbs rpm. In theory if it folds over it creates less resistance and should over rev.

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
8BU with 4.5 and 4.0 in end b-g-b primary with 14.5 rollers black pink secondary with shockwave. not liking it so far I guess I will see if i can get a diff track under it. I just can not imagine that because a track folds over it robbs rpm. In theory if it folds over it creates less resistance and should over rev.

If you are planning to do some work on the sled. More hp or new track or gearing. The clutching will need to be reworked. I have said it before "clutching is VooDoo!"

weight
rollers
ramps
springs
helix angle
sec. spring
altitude
Hp
gearing
track length

To much for my too few brain cells

D
Nov 26, 2007
Wow

If you are planning to do some work on the sled. More hp or new track or gearing. The clutching will need to be reworked. I have said it before "clutching is VooDoo!"

weight
rollers
ramps
springs
helix angle
sec. spring
altitude
Hp
gearing
track length

To much for my too few brain cells

Did you NOT read this whole thread. Dont want to come across as an azzhole but what u just said was the stupidest thing I have read on here for a while. What do u think this thread is about "TURBO CLUTCH SETUPS" I think TURBO is classified as work on a sled. dont u:rolleyes:

Premium Features