• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MotoTrax

Z
May 15, 2017
Kamloops B.C.
I have a 2018 129 factory edition. I have ridden yetis, camso's, timbersleds of various years. I am 100% happy with my purchase. I have ridden this thing hard and have had absolutely zero problems. It is noticeably lighter than the timbersleds and camso I ride with and is a lot nimbler in the tight stuff and when you want to turn up out of a sidehill. It is also extremely smooth on the trails with the upgraded suspension I got in the factory edition. I ride in BC Canada and we get some pretty deep powder days. My mototrax climbs just as good or better than the other kits I ride with. I think a huge part of it is setup. People just slap the kits on and are disappointed when it doesn't ride right. You have to take the time to set it up properly. This can make a night and day difference. I also believe that everyone is still super butt hurt over the 2017 problems. Get over it. The people currently running it are extremely pleasant to deal with and have quickly answered all of my questions whenever I contact them. I'm sure a bunch of you are going to disagree with me, but this has been my experience. I would recommend my kit to anyone and would buy another one in a heart beat.

B
Feb 18, 2009
I have a 2018 129 factory edition. I have ridden yetis, camso's, timbersleds of various years. I am 100% happy with my purchase. I have ridden this thing hard and have had absolutely zero problems. It is noticeably lighter than the timbersleds and camso I ride with and is a lot nimbler in the tight stuff and when you want to turn up out of a sidehill. It is also extremely smooth on the trails with the upgraded suspension I got in the factory edition. I ride in BC Canada and we get some pretty deep powder days. My mototrax climbs just as good or better than the other kits I ride with. I think a huge part of it is setup. People just slap the kits on and are disappointed when it doesn't ride right. You have to take the time to set it up properly. This can make a night and day difference. I also believe that everyone is still super butt hurt over the 2017 problems. Get over it. The people currently running it are extremely pleasant to deal with and have quickly answered all of my questions whenever I contact them. I'm sure a bunch of you are going to disagree with me, but this has been my experience. I would recommend my kit to anyone and would buy another one in a heart beat.

Great feedback, thanks!

B
Feb 18, 2009
I have the 17 kit with the 18 updates. The reliability this season was greatly improved, in fact, I have not missed a beat yet (knocking on wood...) The rear slide link with spring still needs addressed, and they have that "fix" as standard equipment on the 19. I have my name on one, but probably won't have it before next season.

There is no doubt that the skid works well in the right conditions. In more set-up snow (think spring conditions) it handles better than the other kits in my riding group. Feels way less rigid and floats through the bumps and drifts just like a bike on sand. I do think their design works well when the conditions favor it.

But... there also is no doubt that the deep powder performance is lower than the competition. Comparing a 16 120 TS to my Enduro kit, I have no chance to keep up. And this is with a TS 2.5 convex track on my kit. It just does not get on top of the snow like the other kits, so on the bottomless days, I am a track poaching SOB.

I am having a blast, and the purchase price was significantly lower than a TS - so I'm not going to complain. I still make it where I want to go, I just have to work at it a little harder - but sometimes that is what makes it fun.

Overall, I am happy with my kit. The support from the company has certainly improved and I hope that the leadership over there keeps that upward trend going.

This is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. Truth is I love snowmobiling in deep power and if I build a snowbike I would likely primarily use it in setup condition when the sled becomes more work than fun. And otherwise would be a backup in case a sled fails on a trip. How is the trail ride? YZ/Camso setup I rode a few weeks ago kind of sucked on the trail...

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC

This guy is a fake.. this is fake news. "mototrax climbs just as good or better than the other kits I ride with"

seems like morals still aren't on the table with Moto-Hax

B
Feb 18, 2009
This guy is a fake.. this is fake news. "mototrax climbs just as good or better than the other kits I ride with"

seems like morals still aren't on the table with Moto-Hax

Why do you say this? reviewed his post history and seems legit. Frankly I think of few of you are so bitter about your 2017 experience with MotoTrax you can't separate past reliability issue with performance. I don't blame you for moving on and being bitter but I started this topic and specifically stated I didn't want to discuss or rehash the past reliability issues please start your own topic if you insist on continuing to whine about it...

I really think MotoTrax is the only kit that really offers something different. Everyone else is using standard snowmobile type of skid and MotoTrax is thinking outside the box. They stumbled on reliability in 2017 but sounds like they are getting back on track and if that trend continues I'm open to trying their kit. I won't be buying a kit until 2020 and by then they will either close shop or have overcome the 2017 bad reputation. Sounds like they are well on their way addressing the issues if you like it or not.

H
Jan 24, 2014
CRANBROOK B.C
Why do you say this? reviewed his post history and seems legit. Frankly I think of few of you are so bitter about your 2017 experience with MotoTrax you can't separate past reliability issue with performance. I don't blame you for moving on and being bitter but I started this topic and specifically stated I didn't want to discuss or rehash the past reliability issues please start your own topic if you insist on continuing to whine about it...

I really think MotoTrax is the only kit that really offers something different. Everyone else is using standard snowmobile type of skid and MotoTrax is thinking outside the box. They stumbled on reliability in 2017 but sounds like they are getting back on track and if that trend continues I'm open to trying their kit. I won't be buying a kit until 2020 and by then they will either close shop or have overcome the 2017 bad reputation. Sounds like they are well on their way addressing the issues if you like it or not.

Is this better?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iDIoJlZLxY

H
Jan 24, 2014
CRANBROOK B.C
Starting to understand why MotoTrax treated you like crap. You act like a child after all...

THANKS I AM TRYING MY HARDEST TO KEEP YOUNG!!!
Here is another one you might enjoy
face-icon-small-happy.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp5JCrSXkJY

T
Nov 1, 2011
Kingston, Idaho
This is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. Truth is I love snowmobiling in deep power and if I build a snowbike I would likely primarily use it in setup condition when the sled becomes more work than fun. And otherwise would be a backup in case a sled fails on a trip. How is the trail ride? YZ/Camso setup I rode a few weeks ago kind of sucked on the trail...

The trail manners are on par with the other kits in my group which are all Timber Sled. Some TS skis, some Yeti. I'm just not convinced that there will ever be a kit that isn't sketchy on the road. As long as there is at least 12" of untouched snow on the edges, that is where I go. Otherwise, it is a quick lesson in arm pump.

I have tried raising and lowering the forks as well as lengthening and shortening my strut. Haven't found the magic set up yet...

Luckily, here in my area we don't have to suffer on the roads much so I keep mine set up best for off-road and deep snow. Now that the snow is set up for spring, you just have to be prepared to get your butt kicked a little bit on the ride in and out.

So long story short - if you end up with a Moto Trax just be sure to get the few items taken care of that have been WELL documented on this forum and enjoy. I know I do!

Have fun!!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Seriously... Stay out of this thread as you clearly have no valuable input and insist on acting like a child. You have plenty of your own threads you can bring back to the top. :mad:

You are waaaaayyyyy too butthurt for how lighthearted helico is being.........

Calm down.
Take a deep breath.

Step away from the keyboard........

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC

never bought one, always thought they looked like tinker toys... know lots of people who bought into the hype.. couldn't keep them together with the best duct tape. My life depends on my snowbike getting me home. I'm not going to ride anything I would question to be reliable and durable. Mototrax has proven to be neither. I have no reason to try and prove otherwise next year based on some hope that the new owners sprinkled magic fairy dust on their kits.

you know what they say, "a sucker is born every minute."
and the real suckers now are the new owners of mototrax... :juggle:

some of us see through the fake accounts trying to dispel all the bad press on mototrax...

B
Feb 18, 2009
never bought one, always thought they looked like tinker toys... know lots of people who bought into the hype.. couldn't keep them together with the best duct tape. My life depends on my snowbike getting me home. I'm not going to ride anything I would question to be reliable and durable. Mototrax has proven to be neither. I have no reason to try and prove otherwise next year based on some hope that the new owners sprinkled magic fairy dust on their kits.

you know what they say, "a sucker is born every minute."
and the real suckers now are the new owners of mototrax... :juggle:

some of us see through the fake accounts trying to dispel all the bad press on mototrax...

They had some very specific issues that can be addressed. Truth is that is not the problem, it's that the original management didn't know how to run a business or provide any reasonable customer service. These Kits are running in the snowbike race circuit and holding together just fine with the updates.

Again, this thread is about MotoTrax performance so if you want to continue to rant about past reliably issues and poor c/s please feel free to start your own thread and post away to hearts content!

S
Sep 2, 2016
Park City, UTAH
They had some very specific issues that can be addressed. Truth is that is not the problem, it's that the original management didn't know how to run a business or provide any reasonable customer service. These Kits are running in the snowbike race circuit and holding together just fine with the updates.

Again, this thread is about MotoTrax performance so if you want to continue to rant about past reliably issues and poor c/s please feel free to start your own thread and post away to hearts content!

Performance wise on the race circuit; MotoTrax continued making changes to the race kits throughout the season, in attempt to match other kits handling & performance. It was clear they made improvements for the race bikes, but they still could never match or keep up with any of other brands.
IMO Mototrax is the last choice for racing.

B
Feb 18, 2009
Performance wise on the race circuit; MotoTrax continued making changes to the race kits throughout the season, in attempt to match other kits handling & performance. It was clear they made improvements for the race bikes, but they still could never match or keep up with any of other brands.
IMO Mototrax is the last choice for racing.

Good info... So what changes were they making? You must know details see how you know they made changes...

O
Feb 23, 2017
They have dampner on rear slider instead of a spring. Or you can get a ids system for rear slider that gives you adjustability. 1 piece shaft upper idler as well as 1 piece shaft for rear idlers.

B
Feb 18, 2009
They have dampner on rear slider instead of a spring. Or you can get a ids system for rear slider that gives you adjustability. 1 piece shaft upper idler as well as 1 piece shaft for rear idlers.

I thought the ids was standard for the race models? Or it was the damper....

S
Sep 2, 2016
Park City, UTAH
Good info... So what changes were they making? You must know details see how you know they made changes...

Different ski skag/runner combinations, which seemed to help some. But still another band-aid to the inadequate ski/spindle design.
No current racers will be spending Personal $$$$ to switch from any other kit brand to race a mototrax next season.

The initial MT design, carried over & re branded from Frozen Moto, has some cool & different concepts. However, its built with incompetent engineering.
Good to see new owners & mgmt at MT, as market competition is good for us all, but all the current updates are only band-aids. These band-aids are making some incremental improvements in overall performance, but will never meet or exceed any other brands performance. I hope the new MT mgmt seriously considers starting from scratch again.

jfitz94

Premium Member
Jul 12, 2013
Per MotoTrax FB page: Slider Dampener is for backcountry and designed to reduce trenching. IDS is tunable for both track and backcountry. I have a MotoTrax but personally haven’t tried either. If someone out their has, I would be interested in what they thought?

Premium Features