• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New CMX track reviews??

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
OK, I have a 2016 Yeti, I really like the kit, but the track is too soft in anything but fluffy pow. I was going to upgrade to a Maxtrack 2, but am not sure it will be a big enough improvement to justify the cost. Has anyone had any seat time on the new CMX track? It looks very similar to the Camso track that people seem to love. Look forward to any feed back, thanks.

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
have been out once and broke the Yeti ski so I could not go to Cooke a few days ago with them. We have had a couple feet of snow and it is a wet snow. The track is much stiffer then the Yeti tracks. The road in had no traffic to compact the snow. When I got to the cattle guards I hit the throttle and the ski came off the ground. In this snow it really hooked up where the Maxtrac would spin. The guys that went to Cooke said the track worked way better then the Maxtrac. They said they were able to go places the other track couldn't. Running side by side the Maxtrac spun out and got stuck where the CMX went over the hill. It did have a trench but not enough to get stuck. These were two 300 KTM with 120" tracks. The lighter rider was running the Maxtrac II. I have had both Maxtracs in the 137" and the CMX track is better as of now IMO.

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Thanks Mike, good feed back. Sorry you missed the trip to Cooke, should I ask how you broke your Yeti Ski? Sounds like there could be a story.

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Anyone else ridden this track? Need to upgrade but would really like to hear some real world impressions of the new CMX track, thanks.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
I bought one in 137. Looks good. Pretty stiff. It will work great in wet or setup snow for sure. May be a trencher in the lightest fluff. I'm excited to see what it does behind my 450sx with ninja kit?

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Thanks Chumbilly, I think with a Ninja kit you will need a stiff track! I try to ride the fluffy stuff as much as possible, but as we all know there is always a trail, crusty or wet snow that you need to cross on the way to the good stuff. My current track is too soft and just folds over so looking for a track that can handle both. I think the Timbersled track is a good all around track but it doesn't come in a 129.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Any more reviews/comparisons? Also thinking about upgrading my Yeti

Its king everywhere but the trail.On the trail its like spinning a 3 inch sled track so for fast trail probably the worst track choice. Off trail the fun factor is big, huge pull and climbs.

Last edited:

medicman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Spokane
I love my cmx track so far. Haven't had it is the fluffy and deep due to getting it later in this year. So far with the crusty snow conditions and the foot plus snow it's a winner. The only problem on the road/trail is the lack of snow and the tall paddles the hyfax get hot quick. Needs scratchers.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I love my cmx track so far. Haven't had it is the fluffy and deep due to getting it later in this year. So far with the crusty snow conditions and the foot plus snow it's a winner. The only problem on the road/trail is the lack of snow and the tall paddles the hyfax get hot quick. Needs scratchers.

Center of track paddles bend back nicely, the track smokes the maxtrax 2 in deep powder as well,no contest, I have both tracks

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
I have been contemplating cutting off the inside part of the outer most lug on the yeti track. I think it would really open up the lug pattern and help a lot.

Someone else should try it and let me know..

sidehillsam

Lifetime Membership
Sep 24, 2008
Post Falls, Idaho
Yes, already smoked one set of hyfax. (the clips were ticking the aluminum tube spacer on the front shock cross shaft. FYI these are Polaris hyfax. Yeti 129 with CMX track. oh, and yes love the track. It is very similar to the track on the Camso kit. The Camso kit works well, in my opinion it's not the kit, it's the track.

Last edited:

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
Just heard that CMX just got in another shipment of tracks yesterday. They shipped around 15 today. They seem to be going fast. Better jump now while they are in stock.

Premium Features