• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hood removal 850

C

Cracker

Nov 26, 2007
Idaho, Boise
Ok this has me stumped , trying to remove hood on the 850, the two bolts below the headlight just spin and do not back out, I can see no way to get to the back of the bolts, have mine been installed wrong ? or am I just getting stupid in my old age ?

K
Sep 4, 2012
Tri-Cities, WA
Ok this has me stumped , trying to remove hood on the 850, the two bolts below the headlight just spin and do not back out, I can see no way to get to the back of the bolts, have mine been installed wrong ? or am I just getting stupid in my old age ?

Those two bolts do not need to come out to remove the hood, they will come up with the entire hood assembly. Can you explain which which bolts you've removed, and we can go from there?

Last edited:

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Someone needs to put a movie online. The hoods are SUPER easy to remove but I can see the confusion if you have never done it or seen it done before.

Snow4life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2012
Aberdeen, South Dakota
This took me forever to figure out too! The bolts by the headlights on mine just spin too, however you don't need to remove those to get the hood off. Take the 2 out on each side you can see when you take the side panel off, then you have to take the gauge and glove box off (the guage just pops off) and there's a couple screws under there. and don't forget to loosen the air box.

C

Cracker

Nov 26, 2007
Idaho, Boise
Got it Thanks , Wanted to check sensor in pipe, glad i did it was loose. Not sure why there is not a lock on it to hold it from coming out.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Both my sleds had folding tab lock washers... Not to mention they were torqued very tight to get out to replace the can. I however did not ride the sleds before I swapped the cans out.

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
The muffler sensor has a lock nut on it the pipe sensor doesn't. The nut was tight on both sensors from the factory' we will see if it stays that way after the first ride?

B
Mar 30, 2016
Kamloops BC
Can

I put on a ggb mountain can and the sensor is too long for the inside of the can so I had to put in extra washers don't kno how else to make it work anyone else have this issue

R
Feb 2, 2016
I put on a ggb mountain can and the sensor is too long for the inside of the can so I had to put in extra washers don't kno how else to make it work anyone else have this issue

I also put on a ggb and the fit was great without that lock washer

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Is the hood setup on these heavy like the XMs? Just wondering if a guy can save a pile of weight with a diamond s.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6Tkb6UvzUMA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good night... I'm getting spoiled with an Axys if thats considered easy to get a hood off... No offense Dave, love your vids

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I'm good with a few extra torques to remove the hood than own a sled made out of plastic held together with glue :face-icon-small-con

You Doo guys crack me up, slightest bit of criticism and your ready for an all out dick measuring contest

The 850 looks good might own one next year:thumb:

A
Dec 3, 2012
This took me forever to figure out too! The bolts by the headlights on mine just spin too, however you don't need to remove those to get the hood off. Take the 2 out on each side you can see when you take the side panel off, then you have to take the gauge and glove box off (the guage just pops off) and there's a couple screws under there. and don't forget to loosen the air box.
You are talking about the light weight hood right?
You loose me at the "gauge just pops off" that is the scary part!!! $$$ if we could even get it.
and what glove box, BRP said we'll get those in April

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Your replying to a thread that is 4 plus years old

Premium Features