• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new to snowbiking.. tips?

D
Nov 7, 2016
hello, I'm just building my first snowbike. I've been a motocrosser for many years and sleds all my life but this is a new combination. I have a 16 ktm sx-f 450 and a timbersled sx 137. my question is the about the extras I'll need. I'm thinking grip heaters, I think I'll put a cheap led bar light on the bike and maybe use a better helmet light. also I will put on some bark busters or something like that. Do you have any recommended brands or catalogs to look through for ordering that kind of stuff?

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance:)

G
Sep 20, 2016
Hey, congrats on the bike. You will enjoy it immensely especially coming from a MX background. Here's my 2 cents worth and these are well worth it. In addition to what you mentioned, you will need a thermobob
(thermostat) to prevent overfuelling, larger pegs for those larger boots, definitely a larger seat as in MX you stand but snowbiking you sit a lot and your a** will get sore on those puny seats !! also need to get rid of your foam airfilter and put in a frog skin. What worked best is I bought a extra pair of side panels, blocked off the front and added side intakes with frogskin. Oh, you will burn lots of fuel so a oversize tank is great especially mountain riding.

Premium Features