• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Extrovert drivers?

yooper01

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2014
Searched but could not find info so here it goes.

Anyone make anti ratcheting drivers for timbersleds?

I'm thinking only about lessening track tension to have less rolling resistance like I used to do on my sleds.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

S
Mar 8, 2008
I would also be interested in this for Moto trax kit. Eliminating rolling resistance is the easiest way to gain power to the ground. I'll be adding bogie wheels too!

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
I had CMX build my BK 137 with extrovert drivers for my turbocharged Batman hillclimb bike. I wanted a loose track and wanted to hold 100+ HP.

I would be cautious of a loose track on the others without some sort of anti stab kit. You might have a problem.

yooper01

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2014
I had CMX build my BK 137 with extrovert drivers for my turbocharged Batman hillclimb bike. I wanted a loose track and wanted to hold 100+ HP.

I would be cautious of a loose track on the others without some sort of anti stab kit. You might have a problem.
Yep totally agree , already working on an antibiotic stab kit.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
anti kit

my riding partner and I both have been running anit ratchet drivers from WAHL brothers on our kits. However to make them work we have to machine the outside of the hub flush back to the wheel, clearance on installing drive shaft bearing is tight but doablem, this is on TS clone kits we built several years back. ALSO, on most kits the anti ratchet driver teeth that go through the track windows will hit your rail tips when you go through bumps, so you will have to shorten the front of your rails and then run anti stab wheel kit on the front of your rails.

A better solution I have seen is running a single anti ratchet driver( the type without involute drive lugs......narrow type ) in the middle between the stock drivers, then ( depending on the track ) run that driver in the center window or cut round track ports down the middle of the track, works and I would say less drag.

Watch your anti ratchet drivers for dragging and rubbing on the track clips and grind the areas that rub and touch to minimize drag.

S
Nov 27, 2007
Adding extravert style drivers would be an interesting project, but they won' t benefit a MotoTrax kit the way they could benefit a traditional sled skid kit.
MotoTrax kits already run a floppy track, at the lightest track tension possible, because the track tension doesn't change as the suspension collapses.
There is a balance between a having loose track for less drag and loose track, just for the sake of making it even more loose.

AK1000

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Anchortown
http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Bros-Rac...ie=UTF8&qid=1459307477&sr=8-2&keywords=02-568

I run these and had to trim the outside to fit also, they hold exactly like I needed with the turbo. When i switched to a skidoo track cut down it didnt have the extra inside lug to accommodate regular timbersled drivers.
It is tight but they do fit and are really close in diameter to the stock drivers.

If you could do an offset driver you wouldn't have to trim so much.

yooper01

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2014
Adding extravert style drivers would be an interesting project, but they won' t benefit a MotoTrax kit the way they could benefit a traditional sled skid kit.
MotoTrax kits already run a floppy track, at the lightest track tension possible, because the track tension doesn't change as the suspension collapses.
There is a balance between a having loose track for less drag and loose track, just for the sake of making it even more loose.

This would be for a timbersled.

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Bros-Rac...ie=UTF8&qid=1459307477&sr=8-2&keywords=02-568

I run these and had to trim the outside to fit also, they hold exactly like I needed with the turbo. When i switched to a skidoo track cut down it didnt have the extra inside lug to accommodate regular timbersled drivers.
It is tight but they do fit and are really close in diameter to the stock drivers.

If you could do an offset driver you wouldn't have to trim so much.

Avid's are already offset. The anti-ratchet points are on the end. No trimming required. Drivers are similar to the ones pictures.

IMG_0123.jpg

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
One disadvantage that anti ratchets have over regular drivers is that they channel more vibration threw the machine . The harder the extrovert the more vibration .

Those that do need extroverts have more power than they know what to do with .

The next track I put in I'm seriously debating about getting rid of the extroverts because they are that noticeable .

AK1000

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Anchortown
Avid's are already offset. The anti-ratchet points are on the end. No trimming required. Drivers are similar to the ones pictures.

I wanted to use those as they would not have to be trimmed any but also wanted 7tooth drivers with the same diameter as the timbersled drivers,I did not want to have to re-gear my setup. I was worried I would lose my low 1st gear for tight tree's.:face-icon-small-hap

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Avid 7 tooth anti ratchet drivers, 9.5" rear idlers and a 141x2.5 CE on a 16 LT. Rolls nice and hooks up well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

89d3bd064b81a1a5bbe788bcc77b29ca.jpg

Premium Features