• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker 4000 $ pump gas turbo AXYS ?... Impressions

R
Nov 22, 2012
Boondocker

Nope I have had a few just sold my 2011 pro in the fall it had the boondocker turbo and it was loaded up with every option ezride etc etc , ran ok but lots of turbo leg and other issues , I don't want to pull wrenches just want about 220 hp that is pull and go , don't need the skid and the rest of the BS , I love my AXYS my spare is a T3 like it also but the AXYS for sure has more Hp and starting to really like it may put the 36 inch front end on it and side kit turbo

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I think the new sidekick is as close to a pull and go turbo sled that we'll get. Literally it was install and plug in and ride. Haven't had to touch anything! I haven't noticed any lag with this kit.

C
Nov 15, 2009
Breckenridge, Co
I have a few questions. I am looking at purchasing the sidekick for my axys (155 2.6).

-Will this completely void my warranty or will I still be able to get some stuff covered? Will I have to take the turbo off before I bring it to the shop?

-Do I need a belt tensioner? I have the belt drive?

-Those who have been running it have you had issues with belts or anything else?

I love power but I really don't want to loose a ton of reliability thus riding days.

Thanks!!

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Typical if tuning is correct then reeds are the only thing that may need changed. I would say a set a season would be good rule of thumb, more or less depending.

I recently took a set of 12 pistons out just to change them after 3 season of a BD boosted sled and they looked very good. Very light scoring on the piston and nothing on the cylinders. Few thousand miles

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Turbo's do void your warranty for the guy who asked. Also, the sidekick uses a tunnel dump exhaust I think so you won't be taking it off to trick the system...

Premium Features