• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Silber Turbo Bog

S

Slednut84

Dec 23, 2014
Myself and a friend both just put Silber turbo kits (external wastegate, 7psi) on our 2015 pros and are both experiencing the same bog. The bog occurs on the low end when getting into the throttle or at high rpm/full throttle when letting off quick and getting back into it. I've searched and found a few threads where people have had kits on their sleds and then had something go wrong (fuel filter, reeds, etc.) some miles after they'd be running fine however, we both have new low mileage sleds with this occurring from the get go, seems too coincidental that it'd be something else causing the issue. Anyone have thoughts on what could be causing the problem?

E

Esh

Feb 5, 2014
A few of us are discussing it in another thread. I too have a 2015 experiencing the high end stutter/bog but I do not have it on the low end.

Where are you riding and what elevation?

G

gsxr1k2

Banned
Oct 21, 2010
Wyoming
A few of us are discussing it in another thread. I too have a 2015 experiencing the high end stutter/bog but I do not have it on the low end.

Where are you riding and what elevation?

Where's this thread?

G

gsxr1k2

Banned
Oct 21, 2010
Wyoming
Myself and a friend both just put Silber turbo kits (external wastegate, 7psi) on our 2015 pros and are both experiencing the same bog. The bog occurs on the low end when getting into the throttle or at high rpm/full throttle when letting off quick and getting back into it. I've searched and found a few threads where people have had kits on their sleds and then had something go wrong (fuel filter, reeds, etc.) some miles after they'd be running fine however, we both have new low mileage sleds with this occurring from the get go, seems too coincidental that it'd be something else causing the issue. Anyone have thoughts on what could be causing the problem?

How many miles do these sleds have? In my experience I have found that dirty power valves and a loose fitting on the solenoid (even on brand new pro's) is loose therefore bleeding pressure off out of the lines when not commanded resulting in poor engine run out in higher rpms.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
always a good idea to let us know what your setup is

elv.
boost
fuel
clutching
peak RPM
miles
video

the other thread is good to watch too
although your problem could be different

Last edited:

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC

Is this a 2015 silber kit or just on a 2015 sled? You have the ECU reflash im guessing?

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
If your low end bog is from a crawl speed while on a hill and the quick flipper while hard oner sputter. If your pulling 8200rpm and have sufficient octane, Its probably tuning. Are you in BC? Cause myself and others are finding Silbers tuning isn't good enough for BC steep and deep snow. It really sucks cause i cant afford to buy another brand kit after already buying this one. Try turning up the boost and weve found it gets worse.

D
Jan 1, 2015
I'm the friend with the same issue. These are 2015 sleds with 2015 silber kits. Currently riding the snowies at 9-11k ft with the recommended clutching from silber @7psi and roughly 50/50 AV / 91. Three reds which I believe were 75.5g? Helix and springs are same as provided in the kit from silber

Sleds have between 500-750 miles.

Only thing I have tried so far is checking TPS setting and it was spot on.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I could be wrong but but 50/50 av/91 @ that elevation seems a bit high for the boost,assuming 7lbs. Should be OK with just a gallon or 2 of av @ 7lbs @ 9-11k. More for insurance than anything.

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
Fuel

I could be wrong but but 50/50 av/91 @ that elevation seems a bit high for the boost,assuming 7lbs. Should be OK with just a gallon or 2 of av @ 7lbs @ 9-11k. More for insurance than anything.

Got to agree on the fuel, may be able to run with straight 91 at 7# and that elevation, have you contacted the guys at Boston Racing

G

gsxr1k2

Banned
Oct 21, 2010
Wyoming
I'm the friend with the same issue. These are 2015 sleds with 2015 silber kits. Currently riding the snowies at 9-11k ft with the recommended clutching from silber @7psi and roughly 50/50 AV / 91. Three reds which I believe were 75.5g? Helix and springs are same as provided in the kit from silber

Sleds have between 500-750 miles.

Only thing I have tried so far is checking TPS setting and it was spot on.

What rpm's are you turning?

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
I agree x3. Too much octane
I'm running 8 lbs at 6500
20%race 80% non eth 91
And I've never hit DET
I'm not sure how much over octane
Will affect full throttle but I would think
Low and mid range would be sluggish

Oh and belt deflection and worn belts
Seem to make more pronounced issues
With my turbo than a stocker

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Try a new set of plugs gapped at 0.015". I would also change the fuel filters. I also run 100% Avgas like the guy above. It might be worth it to try a set of heavier exhaust valve springs and clean the valves with 700-800 miles.

Checking the throttle cable for excess or not enough slack is good advice.

Check your clutch cover, weights, bushings for bind up.

I would go over everything make sure nothing is grounding out on the bulkhead, brake caliper, etc. Check all your clamps, boots, etc.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
I had the same problem. Drive clutch was hanging up. Check your primary.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

D
Jan 1, 2015
Ran about 20% avy today and I'd say it was probably same or even worse as previous days. Lots of bogging and surging at very low speeds and right off idle.

G

gsxr1k2

Banned
Oct 21, 2010
Wyoming
Ran about 20% avy today and I'd say it was probably same or even worse as previous days. Lots of bogging and surging at very low speeds and right off idle.

Are you located in Wyoming? I wouldn't mind taking a closer look at your sled....

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
Check that the turbo spins freely. Remove the intake tubing to acess the compressor wheel on the turbo and blow compressed air over it. You should be able to get it to spin up easily and make a fairly load whistle then let it free spin. With 90psi compressed air should free spin for atleast 6 seconds. Mine will go for close to 20 sec. Also spin it by hand and feel for any roughness in bearings. Agree with checking eveything possible.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
1) No way the problem you are describing is octane related

2) What condition are your plugs in? Good idea to swap them out just to eliminate that as a possible problem

3) This is the ECU reflash right?

4) Did you remove the baffles from the airbox?

5) TPS! I'd wager your TPS is off.

Report on this!

Premium Features