• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 pro want to turbo it, but don't know what turbo to get.

T
Oct 13, 2009
I'm pretty mechanically inclined , but I don't know much about turbos or which one is best for a pro. And I would like to get used turbo to save a little money so any help would be great.

Thanks!

S

silberpro

Aug 3, 2012
Its about how much you want to spend.
If you have the money for the best.
Boost-It

108snowbandit

Oct 19, 2010
Again I would love to see a boondocker 13 kit for 5800 I think your full of it. Correct me if I'm wrong but lets see it.

C
Jan 16, 2013
That's the tial setup with egt gauges bozo. And it's from Burandt. Go to boondockers website and look yourself http://boondockers.com/?page_id=35

Following a successful first season working with turbochargers on the Polaris Pro-RMK BoonDocker have added several new features for even better performance. Both intercooled and non-intercooled kits feature a new Torque Building airbox design that features dual billet aluminum o-ring throttle body adaptors with dual auxiliary injectors.
The BoonDocker Polaris Pro-RMK turbo kits come with a deep snow tunnel exit exhaust, cold air intake, vented no-spill oil tank and BoonDockers advanced electronics.
In 2011 Keith Curtis used an off-the-shelf non-intercooled BoonDocker turbo on a Polaris Pro-RMK to win King of Kings at the World Championship Hillclimbs in Jackson Hole
Two kits are available for the Polaris PRO-RMK. The non-intercooled PRO-RMK kit retails for $4695 and the intercooled kit with EBC and accessories for $5818
Please contact us for further information 877-522-7805 or 208-542-4411

Last edited:

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
There are a few kits for the Polaris and I have ridden with most of them and if you are like me and demand the best then the Boost It Turbo is the turbo kit to buy!!!

J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
There are a few kits for the Polaris and I have ridden with most of them and if you are like me and demand the best then the Boost It Turbo is the turbo kit to buy!!!

Does boost it sell his kit to public? I thought you could only buy his kit if u had it installed by him.

S

silberpro

Aug 3, 2012
Boost it only wanted to sell his kit if he installed it.
After seeing some of the threads, posted by guys saying. I installed my turbo and it wont run rite.
Can you blame him.
Biggest percentage of poorly running turbos. Installed poorly, or incorrectly.
No one has complained about Neils turbo Kit.
What does that tell you.....

S

silberpro

Aug 3, 2012
Oh by the way
I have seen Neils sled run. At 5lbs it rips!!!!!!! I was in Revy in Dec and rode HMs. Very nice sled but doesnt go like Neils. Was out with a guy on the weekend with a new cmx. Beautiful snow machine but huge dollars and for the dollars, not that impressed.
Again, like I said earlier it is all about $$$$$
I think your question should be ,what turbo pkg do I buy for x amount of $$$$

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
Neil will sale his new low boost kit to the public that you can install. he fixes the wastegate rod length, no gauges, he sets the box and you just ride it. If I were to buy a turbo again that is the route I would go.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
I'm pretty mechanically inclined , but I don't know much about turbos or which one is best for a pro. And I would like to get used turbo to save a little money so any help would be great.

Thanks!

i posted this in another thread but i'll say it again.

i built my last turbo from the ground up. it took me months and ended up costing around 2000-2500 in parts. this time around i didnt want to mess with the trial and error so i bought a kit. ended up with boondocker. the ebc tied into the tps is what sold me. i installed it after work Tuesday night and rode it the next day ... all day! so far it is working great after a few rides on it. the fit and finish is great and bos is super easy to tune (although not much is needed). the clutching is dialed, it back shifts better than it did stock.

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
After dealing with a Silber setup, I swapped to an OVS.... Night and day difference. Finally the sled ran like a turbo should!
FYI, this is my fourth turbo sled and the second time I have had to turn to Garr at OVS to fix someone elses kit that I tried to be cheap on. Do not cheap out. Buy it right the first time.

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
Again I would love to see a boondocker 13 kit for 5800 I think your full of it. Correct me if I'm wrong but lets see it.

I just bought a 2013 Bd turbo direct from them- intercooled, 2863 turbo.. $6200 shipped.

350 miles on it now, used BD supplied numbers and made a few changes - 100% pull and hold on so far 10,000 ft 10#'s on straight 100ll

Last edited:
Premium Features