• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Received New Push with Standalone Vi-Pec

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
Relax,

No one ever stated that the kit has been tested on the snow. No one is denying it is a brand new kit.

What people are excited about is the innovative and clean design of the PUSH kit and the fact that it will be using the Vipec standalone system.

SEABASS started this thread because he is excited about his new kit. "Others" derailed it off topic.

I will admit I got carried away. I too am excited for what the 2013 season and product has in store. I hope all builders do well and can keep the shop doors open for new customers.

I just like the way shane put the product to the test before offering to the public, its smart business.

Sorry if I offended anyone on this post.

Happy Sledding!

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
Realbass keep us posted. I like everything about this kit but for me I'll wait a season. Being so far away you have some brass ordering this kit. I don't even think there's a Push dealer in the Pacific NW right now. Push probably lost their best dealer out west with Mountain Magic shutting it's doors. Wish you all the luck, that thing should rip.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Didn't Precision EFI already answer this question on 8/30/12?

Originally Posted by Scott on 8/30/2012
I do know that HM Turbos was to be the exclusive Vipec turbo builder for Polaris. Apparently Precision EFI has changed that for this season.

Scott, the ECU is for any turbo kit manufacturer, we are not selling turbo kit, we are selling ECUs. we greatly appreciated Shane's and levi's company while testing in cooke city and we are proud they are using our ECUs this year but no manufactuer is exclusive.Shane<s kit is superbely put together by the way...i have one on my personnal sled and it rocks!

Link me to that thread...i missed it.
Thanks.

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I hope the kits works, I really do. But to come out and say that your kit is what everyone else will compare to without having real time on the snow is crazy. You can dyno all you want but you cant dyno soft pow and steep inclides under load.

Just not a good sales pitch to me. The best of luck to all turbo makers, everyone makes the other be better. I just hope what they put out is true before slapping a promise and price tag on it.

That says it i guess there is no loyalty in this industry

Realbass congrats on the turbo kit i would have went a different route but to each there own i learned early on to get a turbo from someone u can take it back to to fix it unless your very well educated in turbos

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
There were quit a few guys that had the vipec last year. We were one of them.

This product never was just shane's or jakes.

No...I didn't say that. I know there there is Vipec on OTHER brands of sleds also. What I was saying is that I thought HM had been granted POLARIS exclusivity by Gino at Vipec.

Last edited:

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
No...I didn't say that. I know there there is Vipec on OTHER brands of sleds also. What I was saying is that I thought HM had been granted POLARIS exclusivity by Gino at Vipec.

Thats how i understood it as well

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA

Scott, i just don't understand where that "exclusivity" deal is coming from?? it is completely out of nowhere. how come your understanding was Shane's being polaris exclusive when last year was only polaris ECUs distributed(you knew other dealers had the polaris ECU right)?
anyway, we have the arctic cat 800 and 1100 turbo ECU in house for final testing later this month, it is going to be an exciting year!!!

want to clarify a few things also about the push turbo kit. after a 7 hour beating on the engine dyno at bikeman, under extreme conditions, and 3 full gas tank burnt, this kit is perfectly ready to hit the snow. during those 7 hours, not a drop of oil coming from nowhere, no exhaust leak whatsoever, this throttle before turbo kit has been tested for 2 years now on the arctic cat by Ken and this polaris kit is a simple application's extension.
now that the 2 stroke tune infrastructure is done from all last year testing, we can get any turbo kit going in less then a day(tuning)....remember boost is boost guys, from one kit to the other,same thing.
i am happy to have Hm turbo(shane and levi are awsome to work with) and push turbo (ken is busy!! but a realy nice guy to work with also) including the ECU to there kits. both guy craftmanship is second to none, it is up to the customer now to decide wich one is the best....but i know for having tested both kits, they are great kits and a person cannot go wrong with both of them.

Last edited:

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
:rockon:.......i am a fighter for sure, but i will not kill someone!!!happy season guys!!

Thanks for clearing that up.:face-icon-small-con

It seems your dyno is stingy, 200HP from a kit that looks this cool and costs what it costs and at 8lbs seems light. Have you tested competitors kits on your dyno for comparison? I know you can make a dyno say whatever you want it to by "corrected HP" too but same dyno same conditions is what I am looking for.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Thanks for clearing that up.:face-icon-small-con

It seems your dyno is stingy, 200HP from a kit that looks this cool and costs what it costs and at 8lbs seems light. Have you tested competitors kits on your dyno for comparison? I know you can make a dyno say whatever you want it to by "corrected HP" too but same dyno same conditions is what I am looking for.
give it three months, there is no correction factor on the snow.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Scott, i just don't understand where that "exclusivity" deal is coming from?? it is completely out of nowhere. how come your understanding was Shane's being polaris exclusive when last year was only polaris ECUs distributed(you knew other dealers had the polaris ECU right)?
anyway, we have the arctic cat 800 and 1100 turbo ECU in house for final testing later this month, it is going to be an exciting year!!!

want to clarify a few things also about the push turbo kit. after a 7 hour beating on the engine dyno at bikeman, under extreme conditions, and 3 full gas tank burnt, this kit is perfectly ready to hit the snow. during those 7 hours, not a drop of oil coming from nowhere, no exhaust leak whatsoever, this throttle before turbo kit has been tested for 2 years now on the arctic cat by Ken and this polaris kit is a simple application's extension.
now that the 2 stroke tune infrastructure is done from all last year testing, we can get any turbo kit going in less then a day(tuning)....remember boost is boost guys, from one kit to the other,same thing.
i am happy to have Hm turbo(shane and levi are awsome to work with) and push turbo (ken is busy!! but a realy nice guy to work with also) including the ECU to there kits. both guy craftmanship is second to none, it is up to the customer now to decide wich one is the best....but i know for having tested both kits, they are great kits and a person cannot go wrong with both of them.

3 tanks of fuel in 7 hours?

So roughly 30 gallons of fuel in 7 hours?

Hmmm......

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
^x2 that's what I was thinking but thought I would just leave it alone.

Referring to the diamonddave post.

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado

Dyno that thing all you want…isn’t going to do you any good until it’s on the snow. I feel sorry for the first customer who bought a kit from someone who hasn’t had it on snow yet. I was under the impression, HM was going to do the polaris stuff.

Let’s just say Ford/GM/ or Dodge designed a new diesel and all they did was Dyno it for hours, turned around and sold that truck without hooking up a load to it and all the sudden it doesn’t work…what would the recall be on that…the government would be bailing them out again (everyone expect Ford any way).

Therein lays the problem…Shane and whoever did their homework without putting a product out to sell and maybe that’s why their’s cost a little more money…they spent more of their OWN money on a clean product. PUSH is probably a great kit, no doubt it looks clean and well thought out, but you are comparing apples to oranges.

And if “boost was boost” there wouldn’t be 20 different turbos on the market for sale.

You guys have a GREAT product and it will change the snowmobiling world, but to me the way it was released wasnt respected.

Premium Features