• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Received New Push with Standalone Vi-Pec

O
Aug 19, 2011
What is the difference between the T-TBB for 6,295 dollars and the G-TBBT for 4.995 dollars. What is the hp range in the cheapest kit?

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
What is the difference between the T-TBB for 6,295 dollars and the G-TBBT for 4.995 dollars. What is the hp range in the cheapest kit?

HP is the same, the torque is less

The price is difference because of the wast gate is different

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
How does this compare to the HM kit with Vipec?

I thought HM was the only one using the Vipec?

It's my impression that HM Turbos was to be the exclusive vipec dealer for turbos on the Polaris Pros. Doesn't looke like it turned out that way.

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
That’s what I thought, really sad to see a small group of pioneers of the turbo world get used for R&D and then someone else comes in and gets to make bank on it.

Also, I don’t think Push has any time on the snow with these kits either…something to consider when buying a kit is how much seat time went into the kit and how much was copy and pasted.

I agree with you on that one. Maybe Shane is fine with it but would burn me up some if I worked with precision all winter tuning in the map and then him using that data to build a map for other companies.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Ok. I dont like when people say chinese turbos:p Even tho most of the things we use today is made in asia

FYI, Garrett is now manufacturing their turbochargers in china and mexico. 90% of everything we use is made in China, if you have not accepted that yet you are living in a dream. these turbochargers are high quality with excellent performance and reliability

Last edited:
P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
It's my impression that HM Turbos was to be the exclusive vipec dealer for turbos on the Polaris Pros. Doesn't looke like it turned out that way.

Didn't Precision EFI already answer this question on 8/30/12?

Originally Posted by Scott on 8/30/2012
I do know that HM Turbos was to be the exclusive Vipec turbo builder for Polaris. Apparently Precision EFI has changed that for this season.

Scott, the ECU is for any turbo kit manufacturer, we are not selling turbo kit, we are selling ECUs. we greatly appreciated Shane's and levi's company while testing in cooke city and we are proud they are using our ECUs this year but no manufactuer is exclusive.Shane<s kit is superbely put together by the way...i have one on my personnal sled and it rocks!

Last edited:

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
Who gives a $hit who uses it? I'm sure shane knew it wasn't proprietary to him. I'm sure people are still going to buy his kits because of his reputation.

J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
Hm's kit is far from the same as this push kit. U guys sound like a bunch of ..... seriously. Precision isn't trying to push his own kit, he is pushing ecu's.
Hm's kit speaks for its self. Everybody who knows anything knows his stuff is top of the line

Last edited:
E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
What are you talking about? Shane never did all the work with tuning it. Read back Sebastian that works for precision and Jake (Sledstew) was working on this? Second HM uses a totally different system then Push. The maps may be close but doubt the same. how would any vendor make money selling to only one? That would be a poor business choice.

Last edited:
N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
Not to mention that 99.9% of the "development" work is the hardware. Tuning a few maps on this ECU is a drop in the bucket really compared to the engineering of the tech, software, etc. This ECU is basically the same as thier automotive stand alone engine management boxes, just waterproof and setup for plug and play on a sled.

It amazes me how polarized any turbo discussion becomes......

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
Back to the original topic.

I spent a lot of time at Push's booth at Haydays. This Pro kit is very nice. Ken does great work and his newer kits are super clean. The Vi-Pec was VERY impressive and looks to be the best solution out there by far. It makes the dobec and boondocker look like an outdated joke in comparison. Vi-Pec is certianly not for everyone due to cost and complexity (to tune anyway). For me its exactly what I am looking for.

I have been critical of Push in the past, but I think this is gonna be thier year. At least on the Pro. After looking at the options, it wasn't hard to pony up the $6295 for me.

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
I hope the kits works, I really do. But to come out and say that your kit is what everyone else will compare to without having real time on the snow is crazy. You can dyno all you want but you cant dyno soft pow and steep inclides under load.

Just not a good sales pitch to me. The best of luck to all turbo makers, everyone makes the other be better. I just hope what they put out is true before slapping a promise and price tag on it.

O
Aug 19, 2011
FYI, Garrett is now manufacturing their turbochargers in china and mexico. 90% of everything we use is made in China, if you have not accepted that yet you are living in a dream. these turbochargers are high quality with excellent performance and reliability

Seriously, cant u read? I said that i know that everything we use today is produced in china/asia.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
So with other turbo companies, who will be doing the CAD work and tuning???

This is the annoying part; you let one guy do your R&D and hand it out to anyone who can push your product???

Which don’t get me wrong, from what I here is a great product, but let the person/people who have been working on these kits from day one get some kind of respect for putting in the leg time.

This will ultimately bring the value of your product down by letting everyone use it and not have exclusive rights to one builder.

I personally got excited when I found out Shane was the only one doing this kit, because I knew it wasn’t copied and pasted from one kit to another. Now you took that away and the value of Shane’s kit.

Just my $0.02

Wow,

The PUSH kit is a COMPLETELY different design than HM turbos. The Vipec map for the Push kit will NOT be the same as HM turbos. Precision EFI will be creating new mapping for the PUSH kit.

If HM turbos did not want anyone else to use the Vipec then perhaps they should have stepped up to the plate and purchased several thousand units and signed a exclusive deal with Vipec.

Who in their right mind would sell to only one small vendor and expect to sell product and grow a business.

back to topic about the Clean and innovative PUSH kit that REALBASS is excited about just recieving

Last edited:
P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
NO KIDDING...ITS DIFFERENT??? I know that...tell me how the Push kit runs on snow...O, wait you cant...

who is their right mind who go online and say "their product is what others compare to" when it hasnt seen snow???

Relax,

No one ever stated that the kit has been tested on the snow. No one is denying it is a brand new kit. Push did not just start building turbo kits yesterday.

What people are excited about is the extremely innovative and clean design of the PUSH kit with TBBT and the fact that it will be using the Vipec standalone system.

SEABASS started this thread because he is excited about his new kit. "Others" derailed it off topic.

Last edited:
Premium Features