• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pro with a 174???or 10t dragon 174???

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
im really having a hard time deciding what to do with my new pro i have checked, i dont have to take it if i dont want, the dealer will refund my deposit, but on the other hand i have a 10 tdragon all done up with a 174 2.5 ce-and ice age rails- with a k mod skid that i could swap over to the pro with the avid drivers, im concerned i wont be happy with the way it performs, i have always rode turboed sleds but if the pro works ok till spring i would boost it this summer. what do you guys think, take the pro and 174 it or just ride my 10 dragon with the turbo and 174. i personally dont really like the dragon chasis, i can deal with it but is not my favorite, so i hope if i get the pro it is a better chasis.

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Well personally, I love the Pro. But it sounds to me that you do some different riding than me. If you're running a turbo 174, it doesn't sound like boondocking is a priority to you, but chutes are. The Pro's strong point is it's boondocking capability, so why go down that road. As much as I hate to say it, I'd recommend an XP 174 turbo. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the way I read it.:face-icon-small-coo

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
Well personally, I love the Pro. But it sounds to me that you do some different riding than me. If you're running a turbo 174, it doesn't sound like boondocking is a priority to you, but chutes are. The Pro's strong point is it's boondocking capability, so why go down that road. As much as I hate to say it, I'd recommend an XP 174 turbo. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the way I read it.:face-icon-small-coo

no in not much of a chute rider, we ride the deep steep trees, i like the 174 for the super deep days, as for the turbo that just makes it better in those days, i like the flotation of the 174, there is no comparison from a 162-3, even in a na sled the 174 is pretty impressive, i had a xp with a big bore and a big track and it worked awesome, i have my t dragon for sale in the swap, i really never intended to keep it but if it came to that then no big deal. if the pro is better than the iq all round then im in, the track and skid will just make it climb that much better, the dragon in stock form in my opinion was not that impressive, the track speed is very low, and it just does ok.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Swap your suspension and track with the pro. sell your turbo sled, buy a turbo from fastrax for the pro.

Sure, you will loose money, but name a way you wont...

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
I feel that the new Polaris Pro chassis is the best chassis they have ever made.
This chassis will run circles in the trees around the dragon.
I am lucky to be able to ride them all and so far I am quite impressed with the new pro. I have over a hundred miles on this sled so far this year.
I plan on putting a turbo on my Pro and I am pretty sure the T Nytro will be staying in the trailer.
dc

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
no in not much of a chute rider, we ride the deep steep trees, i like the 174 for the super deep days, as for the turbo that just makes it better in those days, i like the flotation of the 174, there is no comparison from a 162-3, even in a na sled the 174 is pretty impressive, i had a xp with a big bore and a big track and it worked awesome, i have my t dragon for sale in the swap, i really never intended to keep it but if it came to that then no big deal. if the pro is better than the iq all round then im in, the track and skid will just make it climb that much better, the dragon in stock form in my opinion was not that impressive, the track speed is very low, and it just does ok.

I stand corrected. My apologies. Well, get yourself a Pro, 174 it and have the time of your life. You'll love it.:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features