• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Deleting Oil Bottle and Pump 800 Rev

C

cog

Dec 7, 2007
I know I didn't have to put the hose on the plate but I wanted oil on both sides of the seal, (note hose above plate that is really all you need). It works best if you lift up on the back of the motor move fuel pump, and than raise the back of the sled so you dont drain all the oil out of the case.

OILPUMPREMOVAL.jpg

Last edited:
I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
I know I didn't have to put the hose on the plate but I wanted oil on both sides of the seal, (note hose above plate that is really all you need). It works best if you lift up on the back of the motor move fuel pump, and than raise the back of the sled so you dont drain all the oil out of the case.

OILPUMPREMOVAL.jpg

with your set up do you have a small oil bottle in place of the old one, and do both lines run to it? also, what is the other nipple to the left of the plate?
Any preferance on mix ratio? 32 or 40 to 1? and why?

B
Dec 24, 2009
NW IOWA
so is mixing the oil in the fuel going to make it smoke more on take offs and when warming it up...

and for doing the math to get the ratios correct i believe u can take your gallons of gas multiplied by 128,, 128 being the amount of oz in a gallon.. then divided by the ratio number that u want to mix. if correct it would be like this mixing 50:1 3 gallons fuel x 128= 384oz of fuel, 384oz of fuel divided 50 being the ratio= 7.68 oz of oil to add to the fuel..

correct me if im wrong please..
thanks

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
does the block off plate come with the nipple on it, or do you need to add that yourself? i need to get busy on this project. i dont trust the oil pump's consistency.

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
keep in mind whatever you use as a resevoir has to be vented. think of water in a straw with your finger on the top. if the resevoir is not vented your engine is not getting oil....sorry....your waterpump is not getting oil.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
I just coiled my oil pump cable up and zip tied it out of the way for now. (I have plans down the road to use it as a control for a full throttle switch) :face-icon-small-win

Premium Features