• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

well... broke my first belt :(

R
Apr 20, 2009
vernon bc
pullin up a decent hill and BAM!!!! herd of all the horror stories, and didnt even lift the hood. didnt want to. my neibour was the one to check. my 111 belt pulled apart, it didnt explode but rather it just turned into a long usless piece of rubber. i put 450-500 miles on this 111 and it was on it when i bought it so could have been over 1k for all i know. when it let go it riped apart my "home make clutch vent" and tore up my plastic. there is a sh*t load of energy there lol. turned out that was the only day i didnt bring a spare belt due to my belt guard cracking and comming very close to my clutches.... so what belt should i go with? i would go with the 115 but not a fan of how it wears the clutch sheaves. might just go with the 111 again served me well...ish lol
oh yeah the clutch is still attached to the motor thought id let ya know :face-icon-small-hap

W
Dec 1, 2007
Montana
I would go with the 115.The 111 is better than the 80 but I don't believe it is kevlar.I have had the best luck with the 115.

If your clutch is shimmed for the 115 it should not wear into the clutch sheaves.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I would definitely go with the 1115. It's not worth the risk to the motor in my mind to blow a belt under load and the 1115 is as tough as they come. I have 550 miles on my 1115 right now and it still looks good and pulls good. Definitely hard to swallow that $180 price tag, but with the torque these things have, I would rather have the best IMO.

Just my thoughts on the matter:beer;

Also, how many miles are on the crank and what does the run-out spec out at? Now that you have blown one under load, I would definitely check your run-out to be sure nothing important was damaged.

.004" is your acceptable tolerance, anything more than that and you will be wanting to do a rebuild to prevent catastrophic failure in the future.

Last edited:
R
Apr 20, 2009
vernon bc
well this is my first year on it and when i bought it the seller said it had 6-7 hundred on the crank (06) the sled has 2500 mi (05). never had the clutch off so no idea on the run out... but i swear it feels like less vibs now :face-icon-small-dis but who knows... i wasnt full throtle maby half when it happened just came up a hill and let of to slow down for the 2nd step and when i got back in it, it went bang.checked the max rpm and it didnt over rev when it happened max for the day was 7850 witch in my avg peak. also when the belt went it was warm and the clutches were mild so i think the belt was just old.

Premium Features