• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why is my sled so effing hard to start

rev*baron

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2009
At 9000 ft elevation and 90deg carb temp the fuel begins to boil and causes vapor lock. Best to keep the carb heat turned off and also let it idle a bit before shutting down. Opening the side panel helps too and if need be throw a little snow on the carbs to cool them off.

Like mentioned above...if your battery is dead and you have elec. start harness it's not going to start. If not using your elec. start then buy the manual start jumper harness that plugs into the main harness right above your 2ndry clutch.

C
Dec 3, 2007
W.L., B.C.
I ziptied and spare right next to the original one just in case the original goes while I'm out in the mountains. Don't want something as simple as that to cause me grief in the mountains.

S
Mar 17, 2008
so i replaced the relay (the black cube) and the problem still exists. could it be the other relay that is right on the battery?

anyone know what part number this would be, or where i could get a cheap one.

also had a weird issue the other day, my sled would just die like the electrical cut out. then it was fine about an hour later... any thoughts?

R
Jan 7, 2008
I have had problems with my sleds after I put electric start on . They would flood two different sleds. I found by setting the idle real slow would help this. I am also trying to adj my pilot screw to less that a turn and half out which leans the mixture and then you can set the idle screw down more.

M
Nov 18, 2008
i have a 07 and after a day of riding i find it doesn't like to start pointing down hill, but if you pull with the choke wide open till it fires a bit than with the choke off hold the throttle wide open, or if it wont go and she just won't fire at all check the pulg and blow hard into the tank a few times and check the fuel pick up.

Premium Features