• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FLU Shot Gone Wrong, Play the lottery if you like

B
Apr 3, 2008
Billings Mt.
So, I think, I will take my chances. No Flu shot for me. My Daughter had an allergic reaction to the flu shot. Was very dizzy and felt sick. She did go back to the Dr. Maybe its Obama's way to change us.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I saw that the other day. Talk about heartbreaking to see that poor girl. :(

No shot for me, I wasn't planning on getting it to start with though.

G
Dec 19, 2007
Surrounded by Dumbacrat's
I got the regular flu shot 2 weeks ago on the request from my new sons doctor saying it was a way of keeping him safe from the flu but honestly did not want it. I have spoke with 5 doctors about the shots & each said not to get the H1N1 shot along with 8 nurses but none had issue with the standard shot.

It was a catch 22 deal because I could not live with myself if somthing happened to my little guy because I failed to protect myself from it :confused:

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I got the regular flu shot 2 weeks ago on the request from my new sons doctor saying it was a way of keeping him safe from the flu but honestly did not want it. I have spoke with 5 doctors about the shots & each said not to get the H1N1 shot along with 8 nurses but none had issue with the standard shot.

It was a catch 22 deal because I could not live with myself if somthing happened to my little guy because I failed to protect myself from it :confused:

My doctor said the exact opposite. He told me he is going to get the shot as soon as he can. He advised the same to me. He said some people will get sick with it, that is how a vaccine works. Overall he said that it will keep that majority of people helathy.

I think it also depends on your exposure level. I work in a resort town, in the resort industry where people come from all over the world. I am also attending a major University.

If you are in a job where you person exposure is small, then I probably wouldn't bother. When you are exposed to a lot of people your risk of contracting H1N1 along with many other things is greatly elevated. That is the main reason vaccines are available to health care professionals first.

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
another reason i don't get the flu shot, several years ago i took one, was sick more times in that year than ever in my life, i haven't gotten one since and average one cold a year, the poor girl may have no repercussions or may not live to see her next birth day, veeeerrrrrryyyy sad deal indeed, my condoloences

H

H2SNOW

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 19, 2005
North of 60 ...Deep Deep in the bush ......
I am 39.8 years old and have never had a flu shot ...like what kinda frickin idiot needs that ...........look after yourself ..eat healthy and drink plenty of Molson LOL

oh and my wife has never had one either nor any of my kids

let your body fight against sh1t by itself

and we aint even talking about the poison that Baxter is trying to stuff down our throats

Last edited:
Y

Yamahamod

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jun 8, 2008
In my Bunker
www.facebook.com
Yes because I'm sure they did it on purpose. :rolleyes:

Go Get your back to back mercury shots then.

Don’t Blame the Swine Flu Shot, You’ll Drop Dead Anyway
Every year, there are 1.1 million heart attacks in the United States, 795,000 strokes and 876,000 miscarriages, and 200,000 Americans have their first seizure. Inevitably, officials say, some of these will happen within hours or days of a flu shot

http://www.theflucase.com/index.php...-anyway&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=64&lang=en

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
I never said anything about getting or not getting the shot(s). I don't plan on it either.

All I'm saying is it's pretty ridiculous to say that we should "shoot them full of it to get even" when it was an accident.

If you can't agree with that well then you might wanna go pay a visit to a shrink.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
As they said, "rare" Mabe we stop taking vitamin c too.

Common side-effects

Relatively large doses of vitamin C may cause indigestion, particularly when taken on an empty stomach.

When taken in large doses, vitamin C causes diarrhea in healthy subjects. In one trial, doses up to 6 grams of ascorbic acid were given to 29 infants, 93 children of preschool and school age, and 20 adults for more than 1400 days. With the higher doses, toxic manifestations were observed in five adults and four infants. The signs and symptoms in adults were nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, flushing of the face, headache, fatigue and disturbed sleep. The main toxic reactions in the infants were skin rashes.[125]
[edit] Possible side-effects

As vitamin C enhances iron absorption,[126] iron poisoning can become an issue to people with rare iron overload disorders, such as haemochromatosis. A genetic condition that results in inadequate levels of the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) can cause sufferers to develop hemolytic anemia after ingesting specific oxidizing substances, such as very large dosages of vitamin C.[127]

There is a longstanding belief among the mainstream medical community that vitamin C causes kidney stones, which is based on little science.[128] Although recent studies have found a relationship,[129] a clear link between excess ascorbic acid intake and kidney stone formation has not been generally established.[130] Some case reports exist for patients with oxalate deposits and a history of high dose vitamin C usage. Discussions of a possible link are given in articles such as [131].

In a study conducted on rats, during the first month of pregnancy, high doses of vitamin C may suppress the production of progesterone from the corpus luteum.[132] Progesterone, necessary for the maintenance of a pregnancy, is produced by the corpus luteum for the first few weeks, until the placenta is developed enough to produce its own source. By blocking this function of the corpus luteum, high doses of vitamin C (1000+ mg) are theorized to induce an early miscarriage. In a group of spontaneously aborting women at the end of the first trimester, the mean values of vitamin C were significantly higher in the aborting group. However, the authors do state: 'This could not be interpreted as an evidence of causal association.'[133] However, in a previous study of 79 women with threatened, previous spontaneous, or habitual abortion, Javert and Stander (1943) had 91% success with 33 patients who received vitamin C together with bioflavonoids and vitamin K (only three abortions), whereas all of the 46 patients who did not receive the vitamins aborted.[134]

Recent rat and human studies suggest that adding Vitamin C supplements to an exercise training program can cause a decrease in mitochondria production, hampering endurance capacity.[135]
[edit] Chance of overdose

As discussed previously, vitamin C exhibits remarkably low toxicity. The LD50 (the dose that will kill 50% of a population) in rats is generally accepted to be 11.9 grams per kilogram of body weight when taken orally.[44] The LD50 in humans remains unknown, owing to medical ethics that preclude experiments which would put patients at risk of harm. However, as with all substances tested in this way, the LD50 is taken as a guide to its toxicity in humans and no data to contradict this has been found.

W

Wolfrun

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Lander Wy
I was taught not to believe in doctors, never had any shots growing up and always drank raw milk when young. I have never been constipated and didn't have a colonoscopy until 68. The doc took two minute things off and said come back in 10 years or so. I am convinced our bodies needed all those natural bacteria and we don't do nearly as well without them. At 70 I have developed COPD from breathing the rock dust on all the gravel roads I spent most of my life grading but before that I haven't seen a doctor 5 times in my life. My 4 grand kids each average doc visits at least twice a month year around. I think we are doctoring ourselves to death.

Premium Features