• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skid Idea, will it work??

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
Ok, so since my season is over here right now, figured might as well start planning for next year.

Here's my plan: I want some more track but don't want to add an extension to my tunnel. My idea was to go with 151 rails on my 144, prob. iceage, and then go with 9" wheels on it.

Here's what I'm wondering

1. Will this be too long to run on my sled? Will it hit the flap or could I just modify the mount where the flap goes on the tunnel to make that say 3-4" longer?? Not needed? Missing anything else?

2. If I run 151" rails with my stock suspension which I am going to powder coat, with the 9" wheels, what length track would that come out to? 153"?? I could then run the Cat track right???

Anything else I should be worried about doing this???? Should I just call tracks USA haha????

Thanks in advance

B
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City, SD
With only having the 144 tunnel, I would go with a 151 track, 8" wheels, and an offset axle. You might have to tie the snow flap up a little with some cable to make it stick back and inch or two, but that would be your best bet. Im sure the 153 would work too, but you would have to switch drivers, which isn't cheap with the new big dog polaris driveshaft.

I have an '05 144 sitting in my garage with a camo extreme 150 track sitting under it - no tunnel extension. It will work, you just got to tie some wire or cable from the bumper to the flap to keep it from getting ate up.

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
Ok, so my sled has the hard plastic flap with the rear slant already in it, so I dont think I will have to worry about that then. It already has 8 wheels on it, and can someone please explain an offset axle? haha sorry....

The drivers I wuold be ok with buying, if I'm going to do it might as well do ti right and put on the track I really want...

Please keep the info coming!!! Thanks!

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
you can just tilt up the piece of metal where the flap mounts if the flap hits the longer track, works well, seen it done many times

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
Anyone else work with Ice Age rails? I don't see any 151" rails, do they make them if ya need them or is their website slow to update? Prob. just call them haha(sorry, I like having a gameplan before I call places, usually get talked into stuff on the phone easy and their goes credit card info haha) I hear they are good, what about for billet wheels? MMP? Gonna do a few at least, maybe not all, what to look for, billet with the rubber edges on the outside edge or all billet? Pro's vs. Cons???

Premium Features